2 Passports and 2 Visas

I have 2 passports, i have them both because i need them to get work visas as i work all over the world offshore.

My question is, does anyone know the best and easiest way i can start my non immigrant O visa (married to a Thai). Im in country now with a 30 day exemption on my other passport, and want to know can i just do a border cross before my 30 days run out, and then come back in on my other passport and start my 90 days?

Im concerned that if i go to Cambodia i will get some grief about 2 passports and the rest of the BS that goes along with it from those who know jack shit.

Im thinking about flying to Kuala Lumpur for a few days and when i come back here il just show my passport with my non O and start it that way, but if a Cambodian border cross is quicker and cheaper il go that way.

Please let me know if you have ever been in this situation before, and what route did you take?

I too have multiple passports.

You can't swap passports at a land border, each immigration wants to see the outgoing stamp from the other country.

Fly down to KL as you propose, swapping passports whilst in the air (either way) and you'll be just fine.

Note. Malaysia is paranoid about multiple passport holders, avoid letting any official know that you have more than one.

I too have multiple passports.

You can't swap passports at a land border, each immigration wants to see the outgoing stamp from the other country.

Fly down to KL as you propose, swapping passports whilst in the air (either way) and you'll be just fine.

Note. Malaysia is paranoid about multiple passport holders, avoid letting any official know that you have more than one.

Sight seeing the Petronas Towers with the wife it is then. Thanks for the heads up, its appreciated. Will use existing one with recent Thai immigration stamp to enter Malaysia, and come back on my other passport.

As Crossy said, you have to use the passport with the stamp the official needs. I used to have two passports. I came to Thailand as a member of the US Peace Corps and had a State Department issued passport for that and I had my personal passport.

I quickly learned never to show them both at the same time to an official. I was accused of breaking the law, being a criminal, told having two passports was impossible, etc.

I married a Thai women while in PC.

As I was nearing the end of my PC commitment, I applied for an OA visa through the mail (and sent the personal passport) to the Thai embassy in LA (US). Got the visa no problem; never went there, all through the mail. I did, however, use a proxy in the US. I used a US address for the application and had the passport and visa mailed back to that address. A friend sent it on to me in Thailand. I could not see ANY reason for complicating the process by telling the Thai Embassy in LA that I was actually in Thailand on a different passport. Nobody could seem to come to grips with that concept.

After I got the personal passport with the O visa, I left Thailand (cross any border) with the PC passport and visa and came back in with the clean personal passport and OA visa. Then I applied for the marriage extension. It was all quite smooth.

After I got the personal passport with the O visa, I left Thailand (cross any border) with the PC passport and visa and came back in with the clean personal passport and OA visa. Then I applied for the marriage extension. It was all quite smooth.

How long ago was this, it is now pretty well impossible to swap passports at a land crossing?

The O-A visa is a one year extension on entry for retirement. And in the USA is always issued as multi entry so can serve up to two years stay here before any visit to immigration for a local extension of stay is required.

My question would be is how did you get a OA visa without a police report from the US or a medical certificate from a doctor there. I think you got a non-o visa which you could of gotten at any nearby embassy or consulate.

But I do not believe he would have obtained for retirement from the LA Consulate (not an Embassy) unless done many moons ago (which it could have been). More likely was issued because of his Thai wife, and he then extended for retirement.

After I got the personal passport with the O visa, I left Thailand (cross any border) with the PC passport and visa and came back in with the clean personal passport and OA visa.  Then I applied for the marriage extension.  It was all quite smooth.

I was writing about this post.