Re-Entry visa for Permanent Residence holder

I have got my Permanent residence since last year. I live in Banglamung, and am planning to go on a trip in the next 2 weeks.

I believe that I need to get a Re-entry visa before I leave. I dont see any template form for this visa online. Whice specific form should I fill out.

Can this Visa be stamped at the Jomtien Immigration office, or do I need to go to Chaeng Wattana?

Thanks

CF

Now that you are a Permanent Resident, with immigrant status, you will have to use a different application form, TM.13 "APPLICATION FOR ENDORSEMENT OF RE-ENTRY PERMIT". The fee is 1,900 Baht for a single re-entry and I believe a multiple-entry re-entry permit is no longer available for PR holders. Why it takes longer to process than the TM.8 for non-immigrants, I do not know.

I did it a couple of weeks ago at CW so can only advise on the procedure there. You need the following;

Completed TM22 & TM13 forms (you can download as per Ubonjoe's post above)

Passport

Certificate of Residence (blue or white book)

Alien Certificate (Red book)

2 photos (4cm x 6cm)

THB5700 (Multiple Entry & Endorsement)

Go to the main reception counter, show your completed TM22/TM13 and they will give you a queue ticket for the PR section. One of the PR officers will collect & check the above, take your thumbprint and issue you a blue receipt. In my case they said come back in 1 hour which I did and it was all done. I had arrived at CW about 10.30am. I think that if you get there later in the morning than that you will need to wait until after lunch. However you can get a messenger to collect your completed documents with the blue receipt. If you did that the whole process would take you personally less than 15 minutes. One hour wandering around that G/Fl shopping place would be tolerable - 3 or 4 hours wouldn't be..... just my opinion of course.

The officers in the PR section are casual & friendly which makes the process less of a drag.

Cheers!

• Like 1

It's been too long since I was in the situation where I needed get these things. The non-quota immigrant visa as per TM.22 gets stamped in the passport, I believe. Where does the the endorsement of the re-entry permit as per TM.13 go? In the Alien Registration Book or the Certificate of Residence?

The Non-Quota Immigrant Visa (not to be confused with a Non-Immigrant Visa) goes in your passport and is valid for one year. Your Certificate of Residence gets "endorsed" - a stamp in the certificate that is valid for one year. Endorsement costs 1,900 baht and Visa costs 3,800 baht for multiple entry (1,900 for single entry).

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Don't know about Jomtien but at CW, if you apply before they close for lunch at 12, you can hang around downstairs and pick it up at 3. Alternatively do it in the afternoon and pick it up the next day after 10. You must apply in person but can send a messenger to pick it up. Bring along your alien book as well as passport and residence book. Multi-entries still available. Two photos needed and it and you can fill in forms online and print them out.

If your residence book is full, it takes a few days for them to issue another one which is white and says "Duplicate" on the front which prompts questions from other agencies as why is it a duplicate and where is the original. You need to bring along your tabien baan to get a new one and there is yet another form to fill in for this. Then you apply for the endorsement in the new book.

If you leave the country without a valid endorsement in your residence book and a valid re-entry permit in your passport or return after they have expired, your PR will be automatically cancelled according to the Immigration Act - no ifs or buts. You may re-apply in the normal way, if you are still qualified.

The officers in the PR sections at CW are nearly all women and all very nice and some of them will remember you over the years. Once you have got PR, you are recognised as a respectable foreigner and are treated accordingly, as opposed to some of the foreigners getting grief across the hall for apparently trying to game the system.

If your residence book is full, it takes a few days for them to issue another one which is white and says "Duplicate" on the front which prompts questions from other agencies as why is it a duplicate and where is the original. You need to bring along your tabien baan to get a new one and there is yet another form to fill in for this. Then you apply for the endorsement in the new book.

Perhaps when this document was introduced and most foreigners arrived by steamer it was never envisaged that the pages could be used up with arrival/departure stamps and a duplicate was intended for a lost or destroyed original.