TAT to lure more foreign tourists

Lite Beer

Lure: a decoy for attracting animals to capture

One branch of government is luring tourist and two other branches are wanting to charge tourists Bt.500 to enter and Bt.700 to exit the country. Seems to cancel each other out. TiT

After you had looked up the definition of "lure" why did you not quote the full meaning of the word instead of quoting one version which could appear to put TAT in a bad light? Tit.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This sounds they are going to Lure them in to a trap .....................................................

PB

Trap, trick, snare?

with a big hook on that lure

Think you've got things the wrong way around, par for the course though.

"Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) will take 69 related-tourism "

"Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) will take 69 tourism-related operators," To London.

What is your point?

I believe the point is operators involved in 69 related tourism activities, with emphasis on the sexual connotations of the number 69.

It's a joke, get it now?

One branch of government is luring tourist and two other branches are wanting to charge tourists Bt.500 to enter and Bt.700 to exit the country. Seems to cancel each other out. TiT

After you had looked up the definition of "lure" why did you not quote the full meaning of the word instead of quoting one version which could appear to put TAT in a bad light? Tit.

I'd like to think you used Tit as the usual acronym on tv for ' This is Thailand ' rather than an unnecessary insult but I doubt it somehow.

• Like 2

I did not see the percentage of tourists from Africa. I think they are bigger.

but some do not tour...

You will soon see the tourist numbers jump up dramatically, when the millions check in from Mongolia, Zimbabwe, Montenegro, Thanks to Yinglucks foreign visits. WHAT A BONUS. just when we need extra.

Russian tourism up by 30%.

That's 30% more drugs , 30% more money laundering, 30% more caucasian prostitutes , 30% more drunken brawls and worst of all 30% more great obese ugly Russian women lying around like beached whales on the seafront every day..

• Like 1

My advice to the TAT... Make the entrance fee 1000 bath a person. As you all did learn on the University, "how higher the price, the more quality you get"

ONLY if you have a top class quality -scam free-clean-transport system modern-SAFE country.

This sounds they are going to Lure them in to a trap .....................................................

PB

Yes, "lure" is hardly the word I would have used, but then again, perhaps that was exactly the word they were looking for to describe their plan...!!

Why not just pass a law forcing tourists to come ?

I already thought that a given on your honeymoon?

Mind you, there may be a chance to use up some of that surplus rubber that the Govt, has paid a fortune for.............?wink.png

"Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) will take 69 tourism-related operators," To London.

What is your point?

Apart from the grammar mistakes which also can be forgiven, assuming the writer's first language is not English, there seemed to be a punctuation error too.

Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) will take "69 Tourism" related operators to London....

So for some unspecified number of adult entertainment operatives will be enjoying a chilly visit to London to promote their industry, a welcome boost to Thailand's night-life venues and streetwalking.

Just happy that TAT are being so open about it.

They mention beaches but will they have Jet Ski operatives also promoting their "experience" too?

So Guys, now that TAT, and seemingly Thailand itself, has been portrayed in a typically bad light even for TV judging by most of the above comments, albeit tongue in cheek, let's have some positive suggestions as to how the attractive elements of visiting LOS may be promoted. I reckon taking part in the London exhibition is a good step. Happy honeymoon!

I am sure they want new business. But as an American I see them not doing much to keep the previous tourists. One example is the land border crossing visa runs. Russians get 30 days. USA citizens get 15 days. That is so repulsive to me. I usually travel here on short notice as I never know when my contract assignments end. That makes it difficult to get a Thai Tourist visa in advance. One of the big attractions of Thailand was it was easy to get here without much planning. Not so much any more. I see hotels booking up in Pattaya well in advance. Experience has taught me to NEVER book a hotel here in advance. Too many times I have seen the rooms assigned to be the worst rooms in the hotel.

So Guys, now that TAT, and seemingly Thailand itself, has been portrayed in a typically bad light even for TV judging by most of the above comments, albeit tongue in cheek, let's have some positive suggestions as to how the attractive elements of visiting LOS may be promoted. I reckon taking part in the London exhibition is a good step. Happy honeymoon!

Go back over the last 2 years posts related to TAT promotions and other related matters. you will find ,apart from some scathing comments about this body all the info from the posts on how to promote tourism.

Without joking you could select from forum a hundred ex pats etc., exchange them for TAT execs, and in a few weeks you would notice a clean up of scams--a clean up of streets, and better infrastructure. With a quick return of tourists that used to come.

Let's not forget what a grand job PTT is doing to attract, and/lure tourists, with the "nature will take care of oils spills" attitude. Nothing lures tourists in like oil slicks surrounding beaches, and island resorts.