Building a bike

overherebc

We all know how close to impossible it is to build a bike and get it legal in Thailand and I've just been thinking about how easy it was in UK to build yourself a Kawayamhonduki if you had the papers for all the bits. Is it still the same in UK or have the powers that be made it more difficult nowadays?

coffee1.gif We will have to wait for someone English to come along and fill us in.

I still haven't fully given up on the idea of starting my own motorcycle company. The world needs more big V twin sports bikes. laugh.png

As far as I know in the UK you build it, get it inspected and they give you a Q plate, otherwise the kit-car business would cease to exist.

In Thailand you build it, inspect it yourself and then drive it without a plate, then keep 200baht in your pocket for "taxes".

Plenty of people in Khon Kaen with plate-less bikes, but you never see quad bikes in the towns.

• Like 1

coffee1.gif We will have to wait for someone English to come along and fill us in.

I still haven't fully given up on the idea of starting my own motorcycle company. The world needs more big V twin sports bikes. laugh.png

Like this you mean ?

Do you have a pix bigger than a postage stamp? My magnifying glass isn't powerful enough! biggrin.png

Should be no reason why you cannot buy an existing "legal" bike and mod the shit outta it.

all you need really to keep is the piece of metal that has the vin number.

Be funny to see a big <deleted> off stretched chopper with 5 Harley motors and shit but is actually a Honda Wave according to the paperwork.

Like this you mean ?

Do you have a pix bigger than a postage stamp? My magnifying glass isn't powerful enough! biggrin.png

Better ?biggrin.png

post-98036-0-03235200-1383189469_thumb.j