How To Make Cheap Mobile Phone Calls In Thailand

fanciman

I don't know how people do it. How do i phone cheaply? Some people are on the phone all the time, but i am constantly having to recharge my 1-2-call card...

I rarely make long telephone calls.

Almost all my calls are within Bangkok.

I like to send text messages, rather than phoning. It is cheaper...

I have a nokia handset with their latest symbian OS.

I need to make about 1 call or less a day.

Sometimes i ring someone, and they talk for about 20 minutes :o

I don't need to call internationally.

I have an adsl direct line for my internet from True, but almost never use that to telephone people.

Any other info needed? Please help! It costs me too much!

I don't know how people do it. How do i phone cheaply? Some people are on the phone all the time, but i am constantly having to recharge my 1-2-call card...

Sometimes i ring someone, and they talk for about 20 minutes :D

I have an adsl direct line for my internet from True, but almost never use that to telephone people.

Hi,

Get yourself Dtac Buffet (Ais and True have also a similar promotions) for 300 THB/ month and you can phone as much as you like between 5 am and 5 pm ...

hope that helps,

rcm :o

you can also phone the 1 2 call number 1175 and get them to put you on the best plan. thats what i just did.

i sms an awful lot though, and i think thats what chews mine up

Hi,

Get yourself Dtac Buffet (Ais and True have also a similar promotions) for 300 THB/ month and you can phone as much as you like between 5 am and 5 pm ...

hope that helps,

rcm :D

Wow! That is a GREAT one! Thanks!

but... 5am?! :o:D:D

Maybe there is another cheap one just for the evenings?!

I think i have dtac for some reason. It seems to ring a bell. That would be my sim card, right? Might i need to change my sim card, therefore needing to change phone number, too?

Hi,

hope that helps,

Wow! That is a GREAT one! Thanks!

but... 5am?! :D:D:D

Maybe there is another cheap one just for the evenings?!

I think i have dtac for some reason. It seems to ring a bell. That would be my sim card, right? Might i need to change my sim card, therefore needing to change phone number, too?

You stated that you use 1-2 call this is AIS so will need to Phone them about the current Promotions(they have something similar) and keep your nr.

As for me i am with Dtac, i was just to ensure to have more than 300 THB on the Airtime and this was than used for buying the Buffet . All done by phone.

Now my Wife uses my Phone all day...... :o

Sometimes i ring someone, and they talk for about 20 minutes :o

I have True home phone/ADSL and True mobile contract, with that True gives me a bonus every month, to be used with my mobile. I don't know how much it is but apart from paying the contract, 500bt per month, all my calls are free on it. My wife spends hours talking to her Mum and Dad and her friends, and I have never managed to used up the bonus yet!

If you are sending a lot of sms's I think it might be wise to buy an sms package. Dtac do a good one (only for monthly contracts ie post-pay). I think it works out to something like 1.5 OR 2 baht per sms depending on which package you buy. If you don't have an sms package you will be charged 3 baht/sms. If you sms a lot, this package can save you a lot of money. I am pretty sure you don't need to buy a new sim. You just take your existing pre-paid sim to the Dtac shop and tell them you want to do monthly payments. Bring your passport (you might also need a work permit, can't remember). Monthly usually works out better.

I am using the DTAC ZAD promotion which allows me to send sms's & mms's for 1 baht/time. My payment plan is 300 baht/month. These promotions are always changing so keep looking out for new promotions. I think a couple of months back they had a promotion where you could send up to 300 sms's/month for free!

just checked out the dtac website. It states that you can send 50 sms for a 50 baht sms package!

http://vas.dtac.co.th/activity_smsmms.htm

you might want to ask a Thai to explain the conditions to you as the website is in Thai

Im using the Ais Buffet calls and its worth my money... and im also using Voip Ip Phone at home

Get a Voip phone..cheap ... im using it now (Unilimited landline & mobile in thailand and other countries too.. want more information PM me

Edited by tytus