Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

Beware Kreung Thai Bank insurance renewal.

lahgon29

Opened an account at KTB last November..Apparently had to take a 1 year accident insurance policy with the ATM card. 1000 Baht. Don't need to do again, they said I didn't bitch about it as I was only on Multiple O at the time and needed an account, . A year on, I had automatic deduction from my account today of 999 Baht.SMS message. I thought my account was being tested by some new scam, and the wife rang KTB, stat. She was told yearly ATM fee. She told them it was 250 Baht last year, why 999 Baht this year? Don't know, they said.. We went into Central in Udon. This time there was no escape for the bank staff from the missus. We were told eventually that 750 Baht was insurance [but only says ATM fee in updated passbook]. Nobody informed us of this upcoming sting, by email or SMS as "People don't want the bank to bother them" we were told. A friend of ours who sells insurance, tells us more likely that there is a trailing commission involved.

We cannot get money back this next year, but apparently, we can cancel card and insurance next year at end of October, and get another card. Wife missus says that we will be doing that. But, of course, we are advised that this would leave me uninsured..I told them I had Platinum with BUPA and felt reasonably safe. Big smile from my side of the desk. No smiles from the Banks side.

Sort of got a semi win.blink.png ..To me, that's gold!.

Love it here!smile.png