cheques / Postal orders ONLY now at Hull.

Update.....

I fly on the 4th. Got my visa and passport back today.

Yes, they are inundated with applications apparently and processing them as fast as they can and issuing the visas near to the fly dates.

Maybe ease the worries of one or two people.

Make sure you are applying in good time :)

All's well that ends well.

Update.....

Yes, they are inundated with applications apparently and processing them as fast as they can and issuing the visas near to the fly dates.

Make sure you are applying in good time smile.png

Ludicrous in the extreme. You had just one further Postal delivery day prior to departure. I assume Taylor at the Consulate would have met the cost of another flight and ancillary costs should the Passport not have turned up.

Moral of the story is simply avoid Hull....

Update.....

Ludicrous in the extreme. You had just one further Postal delivery day prior to departure. I assume Taylor at the Consulate would have met the cost of another flight and ancillary costs should the Passport not have turned up.

It was cutting it fine, but they did say on the phone on Friday I'd have it today.

Seems they are very busy :)

I'd be interested to hear about Birmingham, Liverpool and Cardiff. Any reports from them along the way to see how they have been coping lately.

Update.....

It was cutting it fine, but they did say on the phone on Friday I'd have it today.

Seems they are very busy smile.png

I'd be interested to hear about Birmingham, Liverpool and Cardiff. Any reports from them along the way to see how they have been coping lately.

Last time I used Cardiff and it was back quickly within few working days and they also acknowledged receipt of application via Email

Update.....

As you don't have to show your flight details to the consulate maybe just be economic with the truth and give them an earlier UK leaving date? One week earlier and sleep well at nights.

Emailed several times to hull with no response ... First sent over a month ago ...

Dont even bother Emailing. This is why I noticed the original thread because I have emailed them 4 times using two different Email addresses on the off chance it was dropping into junk but precisely nothing in return.

Not even an automated response

In response to Rak Sa-ngop and SantiSuk: I was contacted by Hull last week to provide a cheque as I had downloaded a payment form before they were revised and had given a card number for payment. The conversation led me to believe that the banks had told them to stop accepting cards. This was also implied in postings on Trip Advisor. Why this should be I have no idea but the lady I spoke to was quite apologetic. Also the new form does request a guarantee card number and, as Theoldgit pointed out, they were discarded some years back.

On specifically asking, I was told that they would not wait for the cheque to clear; but note that the form states that if your payment bounces they will cancel the visa.

A couple of other issues at Hull that are worth re-stating are:-

1 Now that multiple entry non-immigrant visas have to be approved by the Embassy they can no longer be issued while you wait.

2 It was implied to me, and there have been a number of reports online, that passports are being held for despatch until 1 week before flight date, and not sent back by return as before. I'm not sure if this applies to all visas or not but there are implications if you are leaving home a few days earlier, or need your passport for some other purpose before you leave etc.

One consequence of these changes appears to be that they are now inundated with stressed-out applicants concerned their documents have gone astray, and it is very difficult to get throught by phone. I'm not sure what you can do, but be warned. I hope this helps.

They also say in the application pack that if you haven't had your passport back in 7 days you should check with Royal Mail so if you send early you may not have it back in 7 days.

There is considerable inaccurate scaremongering on this thread that is neither helpful nor based in fact..

Hull have stated for some time now they will now longer be accepting card payments.

Cheque books are widely available for holders of UK current a/c's at no charge. The exception being a/c's that only allow online banking and even some of those offer cheque books. It is very simple for anyone resident in the UK to obtain a cheque book unless they have been bankrupt in which case they can use a postal order.

I am a Brit but this thread is a perfect example of the worst of Britishness, namely never miss an opportunity to have a good whinge.

• Like 2

There is considerable inaccurate scaremongering on this thread that is neither helpful nor based in fact..

Hull have stated for some time now they will now longer be accepting card payments.

Cheque books are widely available for holders of UK current a/c's at no charge. The exception being a/c's that only allow online banking and even some of those offer cheque books. It is very simple for anyone resident in the UK to obtain a cheque book unless they have been bankrupt in which case they can use a postal order.

I am a Brit but this thread is a perfect example of the worst of Britishness, namely never miss an opportunity to have a good whinge.

If they are willing to issue a visa before the cheque clears then it's not an issue for most. POs on the other hand cost money so it could be cheaper for many to do it via an appointment. Wonder if they accept cash?

In a world where financial transactions are swiftly moving toward being totally electronic, Hull decide to go the other way and revert to paper only.

Edited by notmyself
  • Like 1