Plodprasop run out of hearing

webfact

POLITICS
Plodprasop run out of hearing

Sayan Choocham
The Nation

30219986-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- HUNDREDS of local residents in Phichit yesterday blew whistles to expel Deputy Prime Minister Plodprasop Suraswadi from a public hearing in a symbolic gesture opposing the government's mega water and flood schemes.

Dozens of banners protesting a hearing on the government's Bt350-billion water and flood-management scheme were set up around the city sports gymnasium, the venue for the public event.

The hearing was organised by the PM's Office. Over 4,000 people attended to voice their concerns and opinions toward the mammoth water and flood project.

As Plodprasop arrived, about 200 villagers opposing the water and flood scheme blew whistles to drive him out.

Plodprasop pointed at the protesters and used his personal whistle to blow back at them before entering the gymnasium and attending the public hearing.

Another protesters' group had presented with him a bundle of grass.

"If you're thinking like this, just eat grass not rice," a villager shouted at him.

However, after Plodprasop had been at the event for five minutes, he left the stadium as a group of shouting and whistling protesters complained about the government's bid to push the project.

"I believe the government is trying to distort the information on the project, and is not telling us the truth," Phichit Provincial Administration Organisation chief Chartchai Jiamsripong, who led a group of protesters, said.

According to Plodprasop, Phichit and other provinces - such as Phitsanulok, Sukhothai and Nakhon Sawan - face floods every year. To prevent flood problems, the government plans to invest Bt8 billion to build a huge water-retention area to keep floodwater in Phichit.

But Chartchai said local residents would not let the government go ahead with its plan to build such water-retention areas in Phichit.

Plodprasop claimed the government would push forward with its plans to build water and flood-management schemes to prevent floods.

He believed political motivation lay behind a group of protesters who used whistles to drive him out.

"I could not accept any rude words that were being used in complaining to me. I also have my own whistle to fight against the demonstrators," he said.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-11-19

• Like 2

According to Pladsoprop --- he himself acted unethically by blowing a whistle at people. Is Tarit going to press charges against him?

And will the charges be for 'treason' or 'rebellion', tough choice for the DSI, better ' Skype ask a friend' for instructions advice! rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Looks like people have woken up to the tactic of stacking the meetings with supporters in order to get a favorable outcome.

May this continue with the rest of their sham consultation meetings.

Unfortunately and even with the amnesty bill REJECTED held off for another half a year, the Rhaksin plan will STILL have enough time to collect and spend bribery money under the table to its henchmen and clueless sheep followers aka vote buying....

• Like 1

After his 1.000 boat action he's a worldwide certified "Expert" in water managment. Don't know why people not support him for pushing concrete business in their areas. I think it's only a marketing problem: Tell people that every Redshirt get a swimming pool for free, and everything running smooth. biggrin.png

The news heading should read ........ RUNS out not RUN out, a major difference in English.

Actually IMHO it is OK. He was run out of town by an angry crowd.

In English "run out of town" is a phrase used when someone is ejected.

He didn't physically run, but the crowd's hostility was the driving force. He tried to turn on the humor by using his own whistle but the smart people of Phichit weren't buying. Good riddance. He will face more of this I think.

Edited by ratcatcher
  • Like 1

The news heading should read ........ RUNS out not RUN out, a major difference in English.

Actually IMHO it is OK. He was run out of town by an angry crowd.

In English "run out of town" is a phrase used when someone is ejected.

He didn't physically run, but the crowd's hostility was the driving force. He tried to turn on the humor by using his own whistle but the smart people of Phichit weren't buying. Good riddance. He will face more of this I think.

Semantics. The original run out of town seems the be American - "run out of town on a rail" the physical removal of someone by force. But otherwise good that people are starting to see through the B.S. they have been fed by the likes of Plodprasop, may not be long before it reaches further up the ladder.

I'd be asking him where the money is now - if this government don't get the 2xtrillion loan they're looking for then there will be no water project anyway as there's no money to pay for it - they can't even pay the rice farmers

keep the feet for dancing

According to Pladsoprop --- he himself acted unethically by blowing a whistle at people. Is Tarit going to press charges against him?

Just what I was thinking. The fact that old Ploddy has bought a whistle, publicly been seen to blow a whistle at several hundred/thousands of protesters means that Tarit must do precisely the same to him that he has threatened to do with angry 'law abiding' protesters.

If he doesn't treat Plod in the same way then those arrested protesters are within their rights to press charges of unlawful arrest, discrimination and malicious persecution, against the police!!

What a plonker he is!! Whose side is he on??clap2.gif.

Edited by SICHONSTEVE

Just what I was thinking. The fact that old Ploddy has bought a whistle, publicly been seen to blow a whistle at several hundred/thousands of protesters means that Tarit must do precisely the same to him that he has threatened to do with angry 'law abiding' protesters.

If he doesn't treat Plod in the same way then those arrested protesters are within their rights to press charges of unlawful arrest, discrimination and malicious persecution, against the police!!

What a plonker he is!! Whose side is he on??clap2.gif.

Welcome to the parallel universes of Thailand and Tarit.

He's a dreadful individual, totally unsuitable to be directing national policy, seems like most the people present were against this, rather than take that message away and listen to THE PEOPLE he gives them the forefinger and threatens to persist unilaterally. This is Peua Thai's idea of governing for the people, even here in the heartland of their supporters.

• Like 1

I'd be asking him where the money is now - if this government don't get the 2xtrillion loan they're looking for then there will be no water project anyway as there's no money to pay for it - they can't even pay the rice farmers

I think the money is still unborrowed. At the start of the year, according to Korn, the government had only borrowed 10 of the 350 billion that the executive decree allows for. Since they're now obliged to carry out these consultations before they can iniate any projects, I guess they haven't borrowed too much more than that.

I think the money is still unborrowed. At the start of the year, according to Korn, the government had only borrowed 10 of the 350 billion that the executive decree allows for. Since they're now obliged to carry out these consultations before they can iniate any projects, I guess they haven't borrowed too much more than that.

They are separate budgets, but neither has been sanctioned yet.

Plodprasob unperturbed by whistle-blowers

11-19-2013-10-18-45-AM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Deputy Prime Minister Plodprasob Suraswadi said Tuesday that he was not angry with protesters who blew whistles in front of his face and would not take legal actions against them.

Mr Plodprasob who was harassed by a group of whistle-blowing protesters while presiding over a public hearing on the 350 billion baht water management programme in Phichit province on Monday told reporters that he thought the gesture was politically motivated and had nothing to do with the water management project.

He also said that he did not feel intimidated or threatened by the protesters.

Responding to a reporter’s question about the opposition’s impeachment bid against him for alleged corruption in the water management project, the deputy prime minister maintained that the project was transparent and was in the process of gauging opinions from all stakeholders.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/plodprasob-unperturbed-whistle-blowers/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=plodprasob-unperturbed-whistle-blowers

--Thai PBS 2013-11-19