What will you be buying your Thai wife/GF for Christmas?

pinkpanther99

OK, I'm stuck for what to get the Mrs for Christmas this year.

Her being Thai AND Buddhist, she wasn't all that bothered about Christmas really, but in the years we've been together I've explained to her that Christmas isn't just about religion and for many people is more about getting together with family, giving and receiving gifts and just generally having a good time. Anyway, now that she realises that she can spend Christmas day stuffing her face with food, drinking wine and opening presents, she can't get enough of Christmas! lol!

Anyway, I'm looking for inspiration - she's already got all the usual crap - phone, tablet, gold etc. I was thinking of getting a collage made of photos of our daughter during the first year of her life - there is a woman who makes these kinds of things close to where we live. Not very expensive but something she can treasure for the rest of her life.

What will you be getting the Mrs this year?

Edited by pinkpanther99
  • Like 1

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neither of us are Christians, so she's getting what she gets for all the other religious holidays that don't apply to either of us.

Hopefully she will get me the same :)

I was going to get her a big hat with horns on it for Wodin's birthday, but it was on a Wednesday so it's bad luck.

• Like 1

The gift that keeps on giving. The gift that no Thai woman will ever frown at or fake she likes it. The one sure present. Theres no way to mess it up and get something she doesn't want.

G O L D

Heed my words all you that think a romantic gesture is what she wants. Nonsense, get her the amber nectare, the yellow liquid, the shiny metal.

Trust me, I know. Merry Xmas to all.

You make some good points!

Don't really celebrate Christmas any more than any day.....but funny thing is my grown up Thai daughter a little while back, bought a fake Christmas tree with ornaments for me (and the family of course).....Maybe she was hinting that she would like to start the tradition of Christmas.....or maybe it was just to say "I love you Papa and I was thinking of you...."....either way she's a sweetheart....

Again ....Merry Christmas!wai.gif

• Like 2

As our son lived in the west most of his young life ,he celebrates christmas now as does my wife ,every year we buy him presents ,and say to each other dont bother with getting a card or present for me,and every year we buy each other a card and a present ,this year ,ive got her a new android phone necause i am sick of her using my phone as she has a 600 baht one that she refuses to give up and "waste" money on a decent phonesmile.png

When I first moved to Thailand I went into a local upscale grocery/liquor store and they had so many gift baskets in the aisles you could hardly walk through. I asked them: Are these all for Christmas presents? They said: Oh no -- New Year presents!

So I've made adjustments

The gift that keeps on giving. The gift that no Thai woman will ever frown at or fake she likes it. The one sure present. Theres no way to mess it up and get something she doesn't want.

G O L D

Heed my words all you that think a romantic gesture is what she wants. Nonsense, get her the amber nectare, the yellow liquid, the shiny metal.

Trust me, I know. Merry Xmas to all.

Yup. Hits all the spots. Keeps her (very) happy, its a reasonable long term investment and over the years has developed into a nice little easily liquidatable emergency fund if it ever all goes pear shaped suddenly.

We do not celebrate Christmas here.

When I want to buy my wife or daughter something special, I do not need a holiday of obligation as a reason to do so.

Jezzzz!!!!!

I bet that's a rare

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

• Like 1