PM Yingluck seeks House dissolution

webfact

It's like that in every Democratic country around the world. Being a foreigner does not give you the right to become involved in political protests.

Here is another one from Suthep from last night however:

Suthep said foreigners have been sent to spy among the protesters. They might cause chaos, light fire, and frame the protesters.

From last night, via @Aim_NT / The Nation

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since one quote is not enough, here is another, from last night:

Suthep said foreigners have been sent to spy among the protesters. They might cause chaos, light fire, and frame the protesters.

Yeah I don't think he meant 'farangs' in the traditional white people sense since they wouldn't make good spies in sea of Asian looking people. And they DID catch some 'foreigners', Cambodians I think, trying to burn down their stage last week. But yeah, if you believe he hates foreigners, you carry on doing so! thumbsup.gif

Since one quote is not enough, here is another, from last night:

Surely that's a clear reference to the five Cambodians, who were caught red-handed (to coin a phrase rolleyes.gif ) , last week trying to set his stage alight ?

edit to say sorry, I see TVGerry made the same point, while I was typing. wai2.gif

Edited by Ricardo

The leadership of the current anti-government movement are all 100% Yellow. Look it up. It's on record.

If I'm wrong I'll be the first to owe up to it.

You can start "owe"ing now ... when you look at the Network of Student's leader .... then keep going. Labor unions are not "yellow" and are associated with the former PAD in that they supported the PAD's stance on preventing the privatization of state enterprises such as EGAT for the benefit of Thaksin. (Look who became major stockholders in PTT after it went public.)

Give me a pointer to the Network of Student's leader.

Labour unions, that's a good point, However labour unions are not the leadership. Or are they?

I can't "own" up to my being wrong until I find a name within the leadership of the current anti-government protests of someone who's not a former yellow or PAD leader, but I will as soon as I find one.

I have been listening very clearly. For years Suthep has made it clear that he does not like foreigners and that he doesn't want them here. Any foreigner cheering for this guy will be in for a big surprise when the read shit hits the fan.

I've Googled it and can't seem to find anything Suthep has written or said that 'made it clear he does not like foreigners'. Perhaps you could enlighten us with a link or two?

Suthep: "I don't respect 'farangs'. We

do not have to surrender to them"

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/454183-thailand-rejects-foreign-election-monitors/

Wrong... Supthep's not threatening to deport foreigners for having a political opinion like the current government that doesn't exist anymore is...

RT @RichardBarrow: Foreigners warned they could be deported from #Thailand if they take part in political protests (Via @sweatyinbkk) http://t.co/ncttMOjwn7

I have been listening very clearly. For years Suthep has made it clear that he does not like foreigners and that he doesn't want them here. Any foreigner cheering for this guy will be in for a big surprise when the read shit hits the fan.

I've Googled it and can't seem to find anything Suthep has written or said that 'made it clear he does not like foreigners'. Perhaps you could enlighten us with a link or two?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/454183-thailand-rejects-foreign-election-monitors/

Wrong... Supthep's not threatening to deport foreigners for having a political opinion like the current government that doesn't exist anymore is...

RT @RichardBarrow: Foreigners warned they could be deported from #Thailand if they take part in political protests (Via @sweatyinbkk) http://t.co/ncttMOjwn7

It's actually a fair warning. There were plenty of warnings in 2010 about this too. As I recall the Australian guy who spoke on the red stage, Connor Purcell, was jailed for a bit then deported. This is also a warning at immigration meaning that it might not even be specifically aimed at these protests.

Here's what Suthep thought about the idea of foreigners protesting back in 2010: ''Suthep also wanted to pass a message onto non-Thais that peaceful protests under the constitution was limited to Thais only. Therefore, if a foreigner protests, they have broken the law.''

http://saiyasombut.wordpress.com/2010/04/09/foreigners-at-the-red-shirt-protest/

PTP wins because of demographics controlling the largest regional block. Vote buying exists on both sides but it did not swing the election. It is just an excuse to demean a whole cross section of voters and that is why they cannot get their votes... their not that stupid to know what is being said about them.

Average IQ in Isan is 87. And yes there is massive vote buying that goes on. Just ask your Thai girlfriend about what happens

during elections back in her village.

Well you know me so well. I have NO thai girlfriend right now. But this is exactly the type of demeaning attitude that prevents the Democrats from EVER getting a foothold up there.... why would people vote for those that look down on them. Talkabout low IQ!

Also, personally I hate ALL politicians generally speaking -- sort of equivalent to those tea party people in the US. Very Libertarian wing of the conservative movement.

Actually Thaksin's political party is due for another 'Dr. Who moment' of regeneration so instead of a reworking of all those initials (TRT/PPP/PTT) why not just call it the 'T Party' this time?

smile.png

Quite catchy really!

• Like 1

It's like that in every Democratic country around the world. Being a foreigner does not give you the right to become involved in political protests.

other people have covered the Cambodian reference.

I will deal with the :in every democratic country around the world" --- wrong again. See the L.A. immigration law protests

The leadership of the current anti-government movement are all 100% Yellow. Look it up. It's on record.

If I'm wrong I'll be the first to owe up to it.

heres your chance then ..the first protesters in bangkok were/and are the dharma army a buddhist group nothing to do with the dems who like suphap jumped onboard very late in the day,because they never had the <deleted> to go it alone by themselves....the very same people that (FACT) have been providing free food to the people protesting and sleeping on the street....i,ll come back in a while to see your written apology...i can tell you how i know my wife was there until 3days ago dishing out food and cleaning toilets +recieving donations from ordinary people there all written down on a board of what they spent.it on reciepts/etc...unless of course she was lying to me and was banging some wellhung stud instead.but im more inclined to believe her.as she was there and none of us were..as of this morning she and many people are protesting in ubon ratchathani.n/e thailand where we live..there not all red up here you know...

Sure, the rank and file, and toilet cleaners, food support, and other volunteers and the demonstrators themselves, naturally they include people from all walks of life. Many might have previously been former PTP supporters. However, what of the leadership of the present anti-government movement? Are they not all former leaders/senior affiliates of the yellow movement?

The statement by winstonc above does not mention anything about the leadership of the anti-government movement. The best reply I have seen so far is reference made by someone to the trade unions and that is a good start. Now we are talking.

let me enlighten you sir,the very first and only real true leader in this protest...is a man called the great teacher.who is still protesting along with many other groups.but i will concede that as he isnt as popular with thai media you wont see him unless you watch fmtv in the evening ..but..he was/and is still the first protest leader there..the asoke community ....hope that satisfies you...remember those shouting and screaming at rallies normally attract the biggest attention,it doesnt mean there the only ones there..

It's actually a fair warning. There were plenty of warnings in 2010 about this too. As I recall the Australian guy who spoke on the red stage, Connor Purcell, was jailed for a bit then deported. This is also a warning at immigration meaning that it might not even be specifically aimed at these protests.

Here's what Suthep thought about the idea of foreigners protesting back in 2010: ''Suthep also wanted to pass a message onto non-Thais that peaceful protests under the constitution was limited to Thais only. Therefore, if a foreigner protests, they have broken the law.''

http://saiyasombut.wordpress.com/2010/04/09/foreigners-at-the-red-shirt-protest/

Conor Purcell was deported because he was in Thailand illegally. He was on iverstay when he joined the red-shirt rally.

CAPO chief Surapong urges protesters to end rallies, worries demonstrations could damage country; says govt adheres to democratic principles /MCOT

Now that's a new move by the Govt they will "adhere to democratic principles".

Pity they didn't start doing that after they first took office.

Somehow I doubt the demos will damage the country as much as the Govt policies have.

• Like 1

all this talk of 'democracy'...everybody seems to have the ownership of the term and what it ought to stand for... and all this righteous stuff from critics of the supposed 'anti democratic forces' and various colors of shirts and what have you... what the protests in reality are about is slander and mega corruption - moral and otherwise... buying or manipulating the electorate might be construed by some as okay by the rules as each citizen has a vote and you count them once they are in (regardless of what methods you might use to acquire them)... and once you form 'your' government what is it that you set about doing ? how democratic is it to buy or manipulate the law enforcement apparatus, muzzle or railroad the media into submission thru lawsuits or threats, attempt to bribe the judiciary and even threaten to impeach them if they do their duty, use a gang of armed thugs that intimidate any dissent or perceived obstacles to you agenda... have an openly authoritative style of functioning... all with the shameless pursuit of robbing the national treasure and assets and laying your hands on any and all the money in sight... the protesters are rebelling against all this and not trying to obstruct any democratic systems for their fellow citizens... surely everyone wants a transparent and fair government... has the current administration provided that ? What is the track record of this administration and it's predecessors (of the same party or family of parties) ? Why it that the educated populace and the intelligentsia/students/artists and professionals are against their methods ? Surely all of these cannot be blind or brainwashed or inherently against democracy as is alleged... or even against their uneducated fellow countrymen from the rural areas... this type of spin to polarize the country is also one of the points the protesters seem to be against...

This protest appears to be about stopping large scale abuse and the danger of losing one's beloved country to the schemes of a dodgy operator... in the minds of the protesters it is a perfectly legitimate and timely intervention to save their country and homeland... this is what is being spoken of from the protest leaders and supporters daily...

how many of the non thai contributors to this forum would allow such abuse and meddling by an upstart billionaire in their home countries and sit idly and watch ? it's easy to judge someone else and point fingers... thais are by and large a peace loving and hospitable and accommodating population... not a single thai (of any color shirt or affiliation) deserves to be blindsided or tricked into believing there are monsters out there and one businessman's family is their only savior... All this has nothing to do with democracy and everything to do with money, power and ego and ambition... let's not get distracted and let's have the best for all thais as our hearfelt desire... getting caught in rhetoric and conventional ideological traps only delays things... love and peace to all of Thailand and all thais... there is no need for coloured shirts and sticks and batons and guns and hateful speeches and Skype calls and instructions form overseas... let good sense prevail...

• Like 2

Conor Purcell was deported because he was in Thailand illegally. He was on iverstay when he joined the red-shirt rally.

Yeah, thought so, but wasn't sure. He was jailed for violating the emergency decree. Needless to say, I'm pretty sure foreigners that join protest won't be jailed or deported as long as they aren't breaking the law.

Good for her. I may well be wrong but I would like to think support for her in the country at large has increased following the fiascos of the last few weeks.

Fiascos like abusing state power to grant an amnesty for her criminal fugitive brother?

The Shinawatras engineered this entire debacle themselves via their conceit, arrogance and contempt for rule of law.

The bill applied to 9 times more yellows than reds, (using loose colour differentiation...), so one could say that the yellows are cutting off their noses to spite their face. I would say the last thing the Democrats want in reality is for Thaksin to actually return, He is the excuse that keeps on giving. I'll go further and state that if he never existed, and his family never existed, and Shin and AIS and the satellites were all figments of imagination, the Dems would still be un-elected, still be un-electable, and still be rioting in the streets. If it wasn't Thaksin, it would be someone else, someone to represent the majority, corrupt or not... that is irrelevant to Thai politics. All Thai politicians are corrupt - it is their birthright. And if you are uncertain of the demographics - look them up.

Turn on your TV jackrich... there are perhaps a million or more on the streets of Bangkok now...

I think that other bloke Geoff Savage(?) was deported after serving time for his part in the protests

Watch Yingluck's interview! It is beyond a doubt the worst, and most failed interview ever by any politician.

Warning: Exposure to this full video may cause sever brain damage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jzhhf94TZ0E

OMG and this is the bungling idiot that is supposed to PM of Thailand - seriously

I guess you liked George W's speeches as well. :-)

Personally I don't have a problem at all with a Thai politician saying he doesn't respect 'farangs'.

Free speech..... that's fair enough.

After all, I don't know any 'farang' who respect Thai politicians either.

• Like 1

Yeah, better for us if they keep their hatred and distaste for us out in the open where we can observe and react accordingly. Far worse to be in a system that pretends to value equality where we are concerned but which takes every underhanded opportunity to deny us equality.

I see nothing wrong with a peoples council, I'd believe it would include representation from all walks of life and all sides - maybe even red shirts provided they are not criminals or out on bail - seems pretty fair to me and the end game once they have made the progress needed would be a referendum to the people, I fail to see anything wrong with this

If I was Suthep I would go ahead and setup the council and open offers to Thais from all communities under the guidance of an international mediator, create a set of changes/proposals and put it to the people to vote on, then and only then would it be possible to hold elections

At this point having elections solves nothing

• Like 1

Well Well Well

The Yellows are in a state of shock. They wanted to kick the entire thing into a frenzy ending up in a coup today.

But now? The Lady PM smiles, announces a new election, and the air has come out of the balloon for the Gang in Yellow.

Funny thing is the Yellow boys know they will lose the election and thus be made to look like fools and losers. Not much losing face do we there do we?

I suppose they could try and attack a woman PM making themselves look like the low lives that they indeed are--likely going to the Hague for crimes, or they can simply keep moving their fat mouths spewing nonsense and be ignored.

After all, we have an election coming and the BIG mouth heading the Yellow is running for nothing. But he should be running because he is still wanted for crimes.

One, today's protest isn't a 'Yellow' only protest. If you have no understanding of who's who or what's what. then it's really better to do some research first before posting and looking not too smart.

Two, no one expected a coup today. What we do expect is a repeat of 2006 when there is a coup after the Dems decide not to contest the snap elections.

Three, the Hague war crimes? Really? Maybe you should stick to your namesake and just play basketball.

Like I said.

Insults and spewing nonsense

You must be a yellow.

So do you want an election? NO I take.

Well, even you are smart enough to know that you are a minority and the reds are the majority.

Now if you could get out of the country some and learn enough to enter the 21st century.

Just here to help.

Hope you get better soon.

Edited by michaeljordan

I see nothing wrong with a peoples council, I'd believe it would include representation from all walks of life and all sides - maybe even red shirts provided they are not criminals or out on bail - seems pretty fair to me and the end game once they have made the progress needed would be a referendum to the people, I fail to see anything wrong with this

If I was Suthep I would go ahead and setup the council and open offers to Thais from all communities under the guidance of an international mediator, create a set of changes/proposals and put it to the people to vote on, then and only then would it be possible to hold elections

People council will be good for the Thai people.

Because it is form by the people for the people (not by politicians).

Well Well Well

The Yellows are in a state of shock. They wanted to kick the entire thing into a frenzy ending up in a coup today.

But now? The Lady PM smiles, announces a new election, and the air has come out of the balloon for the Gang in Yellow.

Funny thing is the Yellow boys know they will lose the election and thus be made to look like fools and losers. Not much losing face do we there do we?

I suppose they could try and attack a woman PM making themselves look like the low lives that they indeed are--likely going to the Hague for crimes, or they can simply keep moving their fat mouths spewing nonsense and be ignored.

After all, we have an election coming and the BIG mouth heading the Yellow is running for nothing. But he should be running because he is still wanted for crimes.

One, today's protest isn't a 'Yellow' only protest. If you have no understanding of who's who or what's what. then it's really better to do some research first before posting and looking not too smart.

Two, no one expected a coup today. What we do expect is a repeat of 2006 when there is a coup after the Dems decide not to contest the snap elections.

Three, the Hague war crimes? Really? Maybe you should stick to your namesake and just play basketball.

Like I said.

Fatmouth

How witty! Hope you didn't hurt yourself coming up with that brilliant comeback.

You say an election (vote) solves nothing, but want to put a referendum to a vote. Surely this would get the same criticism of vote buying??? Edited by mjj

PTP wins because of demographics controlling the largest regional block. Vote buying exists on both sides but it did not swing the election. It is just an excuse to demean a whole cross section of voters and that is why they cannot get their votes... their not that stupid to know what is being said about them.

Average IQ in Isan is 87. And yes there is massive vote buying that goes on. Just ask your Thai girlfriend about what happens

during elections back in her village.

Link?

People council will be good for the Thai people.

Because it is form by the people for the people (not by politicians).

SO

Translation

A Coup will be good for the people--my people--to heck with the reds.

It overrides elections and the will of the people and follows the orders of the few rich and powerful.

My maid still has to get on her knees when she sees me and so I am ok with this committee.

Lucky Mandella was not a Thai fighting for rights. Here we would have killed him in the ocean like we did to the 15,000 other people.

You see, we CARE!