Why are so many foreigners backing Suthep?

kawaiimomo

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose, just because someone is agreeing to one or an other idea or comment of a person,
and even if that's a crocked person, doesn't mean he supports what ever idea or believes that
person has.

So if one believes that some ideas, comments or actions of Suthep, Thaksin, Abhisit or even
Yingluck made sense, doesn't instantly means, one is backing their party or their own agenda.

To Think like that would just be ridiculous coffee1.gif

Edited by JoeLing

Who cares about thai politics.

Just read the frontpage of Bangkok Post last 2 decades.

Same same. This 2 for next 2 decades.

I'm same same. .I Don't give a shit who's in power because things seem to never change. .

Thailand the hub of protests, corruption greed and puppeteers....Sad for Thailand really....

I'll just continue to come to Thailand and try and enjoy where I go and what I do...If I think it's too dangerous I have the option of leaving or cancelling arranged trips.

I said years ago I would never invest one baht in Thailand and I feel the same today..Far better and safer places to invest than Thailand IMO...

Funny OP.

My wife is and has been 100% anti Thaksin for years as well as their family. However none of them support this latest move. None of them could be called Yingluck supporters but they are not against her nor do they think that she has done anything wrong. been elected

They do realize that as soon as a caretaker government is put in place that hasn't been elected that the red shirts will now organize and force another disolvement and chaos.

The only problem with the assumptions the OP made is that he believes that anyone in this country is democratically elected. Corruption is so rampant and pervasive in this entire country that no one in either party is clean. I kind of like the idea that a new government should be formed out of people that have never held an elected position. Or to make one party out of the least corrupt members of both parties and force them to work together making an orange shirt party.

The final solution would be for Thaksin to give up, do his jail term, stay out of Thai politics and let his sister and a neutral party filled with people that don't lead coups and violent protests.

Finally to address the specific question of the OP. Perhaps many support the yellow shirts because more and more foreigners are marrying middle and upper class Thais not the uneducated farm girls that support the Thaksin Regime.

• Like 1

Incidentally, who said the democratic system came up a perfect result everytime? A large number of voters will generally be unhappy with the result in most cases (except in Zimbabwe where everyone votes for Mugabe!). But tell me a better or fairer way to measure and implement the will of the majority?

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Below from OP is my favourite

uneducated people are the ones who understand and respect democracy

cheesy.gif

We give you 500 baht and you vote for us

We give you Chinese tablet and you vote for us

We buy rice from you for more than its worth and you vote for us

Yes, they most certainly do understand and respect democracycheesy.gif

I don't know which country you come from but I would bet anything vote buying goes on in your country too. Anything.

• Like 1