A letter to the well-heeled protesters of Bangkok

webfact

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you, K. Rojanaphruk.

How can anyone argue against what you have written?

Is calling it a load of BS arguing against it?? If so, then I am arguing against it

Get the Shinawatra's out of politics is all that needs to be done to return calm and peosperity to ALL of the people in this country!!!

No, calling it BS is not an argument.

There are many posters who think this article is very well written, including me. We don't care what this guy has written or tweeted before or what group he belongs to.

The article stands on its own merit.

• Like 2

Revolutions start when the middle classes rise on behalf of the poor and down trodden.

Yea but not here in Thailand. The middlclass want to keep them poor & down trodden.

Disagree. Many of the middle class people I know are from farming backgrounds. The parents worked hard, put their kids through university so they could have a better life. Some middle class people may look down on farmers I concede, but I don't see them trying to keep them there.

The wealthy on the other hand (no matter their shirt colour), now they benefit from keeping them poor and down trodden. Poor farmers and labourers are cheap votes to buy and a cheap workforce to make the factory owners even richer.

• Like 1

Thank you, K. Rojanaphruk.

How can anyone argue against what you have written?

Is calling it a load of BS arguing against it?? If so, then I am arguing against it

Get the Shinawatra's out of politics is all that needs to be done to return calm and peosperity to ALL of the people in this country!!!

No, calling it BS is not an argument.

There are many posters who think this article is very well written, including me. We don't care what this guy has written or tweeted before or what group he belongs to.

The article stands on its own merit.

lets call it my personal opinion then.

There seems to be a lot of class hatred on this forum. Abhisit is a good an honest politician who has a lot of "class". Perhaps that's why many TV posters dislike him. They are rather typical of the low class British in the UK who dislike others from different backgrounds. It a pity they did not leave behind these prejudices when they left the UK. They should remember that this forum has members of vastly different backgrounds and some of us feel strongly about some of the uncalled for remarks about the elite, royalists and upper class to which some of us belong

I believe it was the great parliamentarian Nye Bevan who called your lot "vermin" in the House of Commons debate on the establishment of the National Health Service. I see no reason to disagree with his view.clap2.gif

• Like 2

There seems to be a lot of class hatred on this forum. Abhisit is a good an honest politician who has a lot of "class". Perhaps that's why many TV posters dislike him. They are rather typical of the low class British in the UK who dislike others from different backgrounds. It a pity they did not leave behind these prejudices when they left the UK. They should remember that this forum has members of vastly different backgrounds and some of us feel strongly about some of the uncalled for remarks about the elite, royalists and upper class to which some of us belong

I believe it was the great parliamentarian Nye Bevan who called your lot "vermin" in the House of Commons debate on the establishment of the National Health Service. I see no reason to disagree with his view.clap2.gif

I would call the 'nasty' Tory party vermin as well. I would also lump the PTP party into this category with Thaksin as the 'head rat' on a sinking ship called the Titanic!!

I would call the 'nasty' Tory party vermin as well. I would also lump the PTP party into this category with Thaksin as the 'head rat' on a sinking ship called the Titanic!!

Uh... that would be "Thai-tanic" wouldn't it???cheesy.gif

All your prejudices and you call me what? At least you can call us that on here as a keyboard warrior and still have your teeth in place.

Uh... that would be "Thai-tanic" wouldn't it???cheesy.gif

Damn!! missed out on that onesad.png . Well spotted.

has the op not realized that chalerms son shot and killed a policeman while he was out and about(partying) then he was promoted and given a govt position, never facing any charges at all, looks like the reds/ptp are even worse than the dems in this. Also all of these rich people getting off occured under a ptp govt, that also states where the favouratism is coming from for the rich, hmmm.

But this is not the way to go. We - and I say "we" because I come from a similar background to you - cannot go on trying to maintain minority rule.

The 'we' that Pravit mentions is no different to Suthep's 'we'. Hypocrisy.

Maintain minority rule? But that is precisely Suthep's point. Thaksin's party has ruled in different guises for around 9 years - for the benefit of himself, his clan and a small group of business people who have benefitted from his corrupt schemes. The amnesty attempt just showed who they were ruling for & it certainly wasn't the majority.

There is one good point emanating from the publishing of this letter. The red ranters will have a hard time criticising the Nation for being totally one-sided. It's a poorly argued letter but I applaud the Nation for publishing it.

• Like 2

Brilliantly said!

Totally agree great content and well said

Uninformed opinions by pedantic pedestrian miscreants. Someone has to stand up for Thais- because they won't do it for themselves- and pretty soon...it will to late to do anything but mourn.

I see the same idiotic marginalized clueless diatribe on replies to Bangkok Post articles.

It's no wonder the country has gone to the dogs

B.T.

• Like 1

Brilliantly said!

No it's not! It's suggesting all those opposed to Taksin are well heeled, maid employing, Fortuner driving hi so's. I can tell you, they are most certainly NOT. Who is this idiot? He really should get out more dry.png

It's very naive to think that one side is any more or less corrupt than the other.

It's too easy to tar the whole lot with the same brush. However, one side IS more corrupt than the other. A lot more corrupt.

Abhisit wasn't perfect, but his worst policies were head and shoulders better than the Shinawatres' best policies.

• Like 1

Brilliantly said!

No it's not! It's suggesting all those opposed to Taksin are well heeled, maid employing, Fortuner driving hi so's. I can tell you, they are most certainly NOT. Who is this idiot? He really should get out more dry.png

O-hooooooooooooooooooo...but is sure is okay to call all Thaksin supporters uneducated farmers, stupid buffalos, the unwashed and similar stuff!?

• Like 2

... There was even an 80 year old woman who was brought by friends in her wheel chair with gas mask at the ready because she wanted to do her her civic duty to eject the corrupt Shinawatra government and didn't want to miss an historic occasion, even if it was the last thing she ever did.

violin.gif.pagespeed.ce.8MK3fN8NTC.gif

giggle.gif.pagespeed.ce.AcGRO3FsZu.gif

• Like 1

O-hooooooooooooooooooo...but is sure is okay to call all Thaksin supporters uneducated farmers, stupid buffalos, the unwashed and similar stuff!?

Perhaps that's nicer than accepting that they are smart and educated enough to realise how corrupt the Shinawatra governments have been, but immoral and venal enough to accept that corruption in return for their cut.

• Like 1

... There was even an 80 year old woman who was brought by friends in her wheel chair with gas mask at the ready because she wanted to do her her civic duty to eject the corrupt Shinawatra government and didn't want to miss an historic occasion, even if it was the last thing she ever did.

violin.gif.pagespeed.ce.8MK3fN8NTC.gif

giggle.gif.pagespeed.ce.AcGRO3FsZu.gif

After the word got out that Thaksin would (have the government) pay B7.5 million for every protester killed, there was hardly a red family didn't donate at least one granny in hope of hitting the jackpot.

We have to learn to co-exist with others. And this cannot be done peacefully if you think that your views are the only ones that count.
To begin with, kindly tell your leaders to stop claiming to be speaking for all Thais. Let's call a halt to this ridiculous posturing.

And the rest of the email,

Totally Spot On.

• Like 1

Your post confirms what I wrote about class hatred. You are the sort of person I was reffering to.

• Like 1

I just laughed out loud! Not at this topic, but at a "Channel News Asia" report on the telly.

They were reporting on the southern Thais leaving Bangkok by train and going back home close to Malaysia. One of the Thais says: "Pheu Thai doesn't have one MP in the south! We don't like them. We don't like the Shinawatras!"

So I thought - "Yeah, it's because they don't give you a subsidy like they do the rice farmers". smile.png

The guy then says: "We want a subsidy for our rubber and for our palm oil!"

So there it is. Just give 'em the money and we can forget all about this 'democracy' nonsense. laugh.png

• Like 2

Pravit Rojanaphruk.? giggle.gifgiggle.gifgiggle.gif

A Thai, this we can see all after reading 10 % of his ... text. facepalm.gif

A 'Normal" tongue.png Thai, who is not used to think free!

Sad, sad. In every sentence he likes to please all his smiling

"corruption dos'nt kill" followers.

He starts with this: "Your supreme protest leader" bah.gif After this we know who is PRs leader !!bah.gif d you

If you like to snap your fingers, shame on you! Out of what rich family do you come ? A family where

the staff has to lie about the money for there not so s(a)mart masters? (Chaing Mai royals )

and the best

We - and I say "we" ..........

Sorry, I , I, i

You can not see, that you do exactly the same as you accuse others for?

You not see, that corruption brings Thailand down?

You ......

Edited by Somrak