NACC meets to decide fate of 312 lawmakers December 13

webfact

NACC meets to decide fate of 312 lawmakers December 13

%E0%B8%9B%E0%B8%9B%E0%B8%8A.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The National Anti Corruption Commission will meet December 13 to consider fates of the 312 members of Parliament (MP) and senators who proposed the “unconstitutional” charter amendments to change the composition of the Senate.

A NACC commissioner Vicha Mahakhun said the meeting on December 13 would be the examination and inquiry process of all evidence to find out whether these lawmakers had committed wrongful acts or not.

He said if inquiry into the evidence shown that these lawmakers had committed a wrongful offence of malfeasance in office, then it would enter the process to summarize and prepare a verdict to be submitted to the Supreme Court of Justice’s Criminal Division for Persons Holding Political Positions.

He said that the process would not take long time but could not say exactly when it would be finished.

Commenting on the People’s Council as called by the protest leader Suthep Thaugsuban, the NACC commissioner said that this would be done son through the issuance of a royal decree and allowed the caretaker government to proceed as an urgent case.

Asked whether the caretaker prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra could step down or not as demanded by protesters, he declined comment but recalled that this had happened at the time when Prime Minister Thaksin Shinwatra was in power and had stepped down from caretaker prime minister, and appointed Pol Gen Chidchai Wanasathit to perform duty.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/nacc-meets-decide-fate-312-lawmakers-december-13/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2013-12-11

Whee!

Previously they were not due to give a verdict before several months. The fact that they have chosen to rush the verdict is a potent indicator of things to come, and the rest of the article makes it even more obvious which side the NACC is on. The repeat of 2008 is coming.

With 95% accuracy I can predict:

- 312 MPS lose their seat on December 13, making the House essentially empty except for Chuwit

- A wise and benevolent caretaker government is appointed ostensibly under Article 7 (But actually by the military).

- 2014 elections are delayed until 2016 for various bullshit reasons

- More Red shirts get killed, nobody cares.

- Everyone lives happily ever after, free from the evils of Thaksinism, corruption, and democracy.

I agree.

Whee!

Previously they were not due to give a verdict before several months. The fact that they have chosen to rush the verdict is a potent indicator of things to come, and the rest of the article makes it even more obvious which side the NACC is on. The repeat of 2008 is coming.

- 312 MPS lose their seat on December 13, making the House essentially empty except for Chuwit

- A wise and benevolent caretaker government is appointed ostensibly under Article 7 (But actually by the military).

- Everyone lives happily ever after, free from the evils of Thaksinism, corruption, and democracy.

Chuwit has resigned from parliament.

• Like 1

":May you live in interesting times", Well we certainly do.

No, actually we don't. It's just a re-hash of the same shit since 2006 if not longer. Only one prime minister has ever served a full term since Thailand became a constitutional monarchy. This is a repetitive as it gets.

":May you live in interesting times", Well we certainly do.

No, actually we don't. It's just a re-hash of the same shit since 2006 if not longer. Only one prime minister has ever served a full term since Thailand became a constitutional monarchy. This is a repetitive as it gets.

Yes but when you look at some of the other topics. eg the rice farmers, I think things could just get interesting.

• Like 1

"He said that the process would not take long time but could not say exactly when it would be finished."

Maybe have to await the "check-out" and see what finances can be arranged before any verdict......

Seriously tho'.....can't see much happening here....if they were all to be found guilty, it would mean the whole lot could be banned......doubtful I guess, but we'll see.

Whee!

I think you left out the bit where the country erupts in a civil war, possibly around Songkran.

• Like 1

Whee!

With complete guess work I predict:

- 312 MPS lose their seat on December 13 or soon after

- A caretaker government is appointed (god knows who)

- 2014 elections are not delayed and the democrats win without a majority and form a coalition

- No one else gets killed. everybody's happy

- Everyone lives happily ever after for a couple of years and then it all starts again.

Only a new show, for make people error. The only activity of them I could find was that they push away a corrupt broadcasting rival of Shin company. So I think the only reason for this is to white-wash the 312. Hope Im wrong, we will see...whistling.gif

Whee!

Having been dissolved, the house is essentially empty anyway. This would actually allow the recently returned TRT (Thaksin proxy Mk I) and PPP (Thaksin proxy Mk 2) MPs to replace the PTP (Thaksin proxy Mk 3) newly banned MPs without any internal fighting. Ofcourse, the smaller coalition partners will need to go to the wives, sons and daughters to replace their lot.

• Like 1

They're opening the Visa offices on Monday like they know this will end by that time. Looks like 312 lawmakers get banned from politics for 5 years on the 13th!

Nope you're reading too much in that. If PT MPs get banned again on Friday, it's very doubtful we will have a functioning government by Monday, and a spokesperson for the current government would not be planning for that scenario anyway.

Reopening of immigration office is simply a return to normal, since the protesters have vacated Chaengwattana area (for now).

- 2014 elections are not delayed and the democrats win without a majority and form a coalition

Well, there's a slim but non zero chance of that. PT is in hot water with its core electorate because of the rice pledging scheme failing to pay. The democrats haven't had better odds than that for over a decade. Unfortunately they are showing no signs of reaching out to voters outside their core base, and instead might even boycott the elections as in 2006. Pig-headed fools on both sides really.

• Like 2

Whee!

I think you left out the bit where the country erupts in a civil war, possibly around Songkran.

Well, implicitly that was the bit were red shirts get killed, because the army protects all Thais, but some Thais more than others. I was hoping to get a reaction out of that, but what I got from other board members was mostly gleeful enthusiasm.

I'm not sure I want to live on this planet any more.

Whee!

Don't stop there...

- redshirts win again.

- yellows shirts whine and moan and go on the march again...not because the new PM is a relative of Thaksin or even associated with him, but simply because they didn't win...all of them are nothing, but immature little babies who have no idea what real democracy is.

• Like 1

Asked whether the caretaker prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra could step down or not as demanded by protesters, he declined comment but recalled that this had happened at the time when Prime Minister Thaksin Shinwatra was in power and had stepped down from caretaker prime minister, and appointed Pol Gen Chidchai Wanasathit to perform duty.

Very interesting.  This contradicts what Yingluck and Surapong have been saying the last few days.

That was under the 1997 constitution, it was allowed then. It's not under the 2007 constitution.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Very interesting. This contradicts what Yingluck and Surapong have been saying the last few days.

That was under the 1997 constitution, it was allowed then. It's not under the 2007 constitution.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

They have closed the loop hole to stop people like Thaksin using it for his own advantage.

Looks like they have shot themselves in the foot.

Whee!

Another version

- sweet all will happen on the 13th as NACC is only preparing their recommendations for the courts on that day

- the courts in due time as in line with their 20 November finding rule the 312 guilty and kick their asses out

- the wise and benevolent caretaker government steps in being the Army

- the Army delays elections until whenever while it teaches the kiddies on both sides to share their toys with each other

- a Thai Airways jet flying over Dubai accidentally releases it's waste in a heavy clump which takes out Thaksin (the turd that does the damage belonged to Khun Abhisit)

- after passing Kindergarten a new uni share system of government is implemented by the Thais which the world agrees is better than democracy

- Martians arrive in Bangkok, with Elvis in tow, and after partying in the whore houses declare that indeed Thailand is the hub of the universe

No accuracy is giving with these predictions as they are just more of the fallacy BS produced in random heaps on this site.

• Like 1

Whee!

I agree.

Me too.

But how will it affect the poor old farang guests?

Scores out of 1 - 5

1 = not at all

2 = a little bit

3 = a little bit more

4 = problems

5 = big, Big problems.