Policeman Mobbed, Severely Injured By Anti-Govt Protesters

Lite Beer

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No I do not, after all that was 2010, it is now December 2013. Quite surprising the level of matureness on here, you sound like a little kid. I am not discussing the red shirts, I don't care about the red shirts either. I simply state that real demonstrators don't need a security detail, and that this particular security detail should be locked up, based on what they did.

Oh dear, getting personal are we. Your original argument makes no sense if you don't include all protest security details. If it is wrong now then it was wrong then. I personally don't see the need for security details. Attracts those looking for a ruck. If you are referring to just one security detail you should have said so in your post.

I am not getting personal, but please bear with me if I fail to see how the red shirts are of relevance in all of this. Why is there a need to refer to the other side all the time. Just as little kids would do when they get into trouble, pointing to others.

My original statement is pretty clear, "real protestors don't need a security detail" . This article deals with December 2013, it doesn't deal with the security detail of the red shirts in 2010, neither does it deal with the security detail of the pad in 2008.

I know all of them employ this method, and I believe it to be wrong in all cases, but I am referring to these protestors specifically as they are the subject of this thread.

No I do not, after all that was 2010, it is now December 2013. Quite surprising the level of matureness on here, you sound like a little kid. I am not discussing the red shirts, I don't care about the red shirts either. I simply state that real demonstrators don't need a security detail, and that this particular security detail should be locked up, based on what they did.

Oh dear, getting personal are we. Your original argument makes no sense if you don't include all protest security details. If it is wrong now then it was wrong then. I personally don't see the need for security details. Attracts those looking for a ruck. If you are referring to just one security detail you should have said so in your post.

I am not getting personal, but please bear with me if I fail to see how the red shirts are of relevance in all of this. Why is there a need to refer to the other side all the time. Just as little kids would do when they get into trouble, pointing to others.

My original statement is pretty clear, "real protestors don't need a security detail" . This article deals with December 2013, it doesn't deal with the security detail of the red shirts in 2010, neither does it deal with the security detail of the pad in 2008.

I know all of them employ this method, and I believe it to be wrong in all cases, but I am referring to these protestors specifically as they are the subject of this thread.

I don't agree with your stance, but that's life, people disagree. However saying I 'sound like a little kid' [while an innocuous enough insult, I won't lose any sleep over it] is getting personal. You have your point, I have mine, they are not the same, we can argue the issues without insults.

Reportedly, Pol.Sen.Sgt.Maj. Sunthorn suffered with head injuries and wound infections in his knees, causing the medical team to operate on his nose and keep him at the hospital.

His condition has been described as severe, but gradually improving.

Sounds like he was probably OK till the medical team got hold of him ;)

I wonder why he didn't pull his gun out and shoot them rather than allow himself to be beat up?

he suppose to have a back up from the other cops with him. Recording on a smartphone was in his private, and not official, capacity.

accusing somebody for "spying" because he recorded on a smartphone, is beyond believe

Perhaps you could share the large amount of information you have to be able to make your statements.

Further, violence is not OK.

Edited by scorecard

I don't agree with your stance, but that's life, people disagree. However saying I 'sound like a little kid' [while an innocuous enough insult, I won't lose any sleep over it] is getting personal. You have your point, I have mine, they are not the same, we can argue the issues without insults.

It wasn't meant as an insult. It was a observation, as said pointing to others, without any relevance is what little kids do.

Propaganda. Maybe.

And how much corruption paid for the cop's "Smartphones"

Most reds cannot afford one!

Take your foot out... http://edition.cnn.com/2013/12/10/world/asia/thailand-protests-society/

Which foot, and where from? Also, your posted article has no relevance.

Maybe it would have done if the farmers got the money from the rice scam, but they did not. And now they know Isaan is dying.

World-Wide prices for agriculral products down.

Thaland 's government destroying a healthy economy to keep itself in power, and a family rich.

Where am I wrong? Please tell.

Maybe the man who cares about the poor, so never payed tax on a 2 bill sale of public assets, can tell u.

B lucky, and send some to the Thai people; not the Thai rich.

Edited by Soi Sauce

@sjaak327

Kind of getting off topic here, so last say on this from me. Incidents like this one do not happen in isolation. They are part of a spiraling sense of us and them camps. What the current protestors do now, they do because of what went on before, and they will influence the behavior of others in the future. You think differently, fair enough.

However, just because I disagree with you it doesn't mean I am pointing fingers saying 'please sir, he did it first'. No protests should need security details, the BIB should do that job, but they don't/won't/can't so they all have them. They all act in the same bully boy fashion towards perceived enemies, so called spies and anyone they don't like the look of. Their existence is part of a historic series of protests, occupations and political conflicts. I condemn them all, I don't see any as being better than the others.

My argument is based on this premise, not a desire to defend one side by saying they did it first.

@sjaak327

Kind of getting off topic here, so last say on this from me. Incidents like this one do not happen in isolation. They are part of a spiraling sense of us and them camps. What the current protestors do now, they do because of what went on before, and they will influence the behavior of others in the future. You think differently, fair enough.

However, just because I disagree with you it doesn't mean I am pointing fingers saying 'please sir, he did it first'. No protests should need security details, the BIB should do that job, but they don't/won't/can't so they all have them. They all act in the same bully boy fashion towards perceived enemies, so called spies and anyone they don't like the look of. Their existence is part of a historic series of protests, occupations and political conflicts. I condemn them all, I don't see any as being better than the others.

My argument is based on this premise, not a desire to defend one side by saying they did it first.

Fair enough. In fact we agree on the point that none of them should need or should be allowed to run a security detail. I guess it is inevitable in the case of Thailand. I sincerely regret that instead of actually offering security, they often are a source of violence, case in point 2008,2009,2010 and now.

This is the future if Suthep gets his way.

He should change the yellow shirts to brown shirts, more inline with their thugish actions.

Just one remark, i already condemned these actions.

If you read correctly it stopped the moment Suthep hear about it (allegedly) So that points to him not condoning it either. So how that would point that this would happen a lot if he gets in power is beyond me.

That's exactly what Hitler said before he murdered Rohm (special security).

And then he went on to create...?

You should study a bit more modern history my friend.

How do you know what Hitler said? Were you there?

Propaganda. Maybe.

And how much corruption paid for the cop's "Smartphones"

Most reds cannot afford one!

Take your foot out... http://edition.cnn.com/2013/12/10/world/asia/thailand-protests-society/

Which foot, and where from? Also, your posted article has no relevance.

Maybe it would have done if the farmers got the money from the rice scam, but they did not. And now they know Isaan is dying.

World-Wide prices for agriculral products down.

Thaland 's government destroying a healthy economy to keep itself in power, and a family rich.

Where am I wrong? Please tell.

Maybe the man who cares about the poor, so never payed tax on a 2 bill sale of public assets, can tell u.

B lucky, and send some to the Thai people; not the Thai rich.

You might be an expert on Thai politics (at least in your mind). But, you're all wet about the smart phones.

http://langhub.com/en-th/thai-business-news/958-thailand-is-buying-record-numbers-of-smartphones

He should change the yellow shirts to brown shirts, more inline with their thugish actions.

If you read correctly it stopped the moment Suthep hear about it (allegedly) So that points to him not condoning it either. So how that would point that this would happen a lot if he gets in power is beyond me.

That's exactly what Hitler said before he murdered Rohm (special security).

And then he went on to create...?

You should study a bit more modern history my friend.

No harm to you my friend but the closest evil to Hitler (I hate even typing the name on my keyboard) I have ever seen connected to Thailand is your good friend Thaksin, it's a good job Thai people recognised this before he really got out of the blocks - how many deaths is he responsible for ? I'll bet you have no clue - very loose talk you should be ashamed

Perhaps you don't understand a lot about the interwar period in Europe.

There was a great disappointment with democracy- (the Depression, the reparations that some were still paying from 1918 weren't helpineg- and yes, most of these fledgling 'democracies' were corrupt. And incomptentent.)

Many looked back to a golden age- which history shows, never existed.

An age of absolutism. Where the people were as one- when the poor had properly accepted their fate as dictated by emperors and living gods.

This was resurrected in Romania- then Italy- then Germany-

All rejected the corruption that democracy, unfettered by 'common sense' had unleashed.

All ended up in tears

Many Thais- and some very ignorant westerners, have demanded a 'benevolent dictatorship'.

Germany had one- So did Italy- and as they picked their lives from the smouldering ruins of their broken utopias- they became devotees of all that Suthep hates.

(Well, in fact part of Germany, all of Romania, all of fascist (arrow cross) Hungary- were to endure, thanks to their embrace of absolutism, a few decades of Stalinism- more absolutism)

Nothing in history has caused so much suffering as the quest for the perfect social order.

Edited by blaze
  • Like 2

When did this happen? Very bad indeed. Despicable acts normally reserved for red shirt thugs.

Obviously not a reserved behaviour after-all!

Thuggery, violence, attacks on public servants, bullying, paranoia and theft.............. and a rejection of democracy.

• Like 2

What yellow shirts?

I mean really some people should have some kind of clue before posting their opinionsrolleyes.gif

Have you missed it? Suthep was the one who stopped it all once he learned of it.

You really trying to say red shirts or any other shirts never assaulted anyone?

For f...k sake, not so long ago, some farmers, Somchais stopped and attacked Google car because they thought it was a spy car, despite Google being written all over itw00t.gif

That maybe so but I think this behaviour is apparent with all Thai 'political' protesters. By no means unique to Suthep's gang. Just cast your mind back to the red clowns.

I agree Mr. Suthep probably ordered the beating stopped. My hunch is that he is hoping for the opposite to happen- he wants to provoke the police into attacking his protestors so that he wins more support form the undecided. So far Yingluck has wisely abstained from force, waiting for the protesters to disband.

Its a numbers game and the opposition knows that they can not defeat the Reds/Thaksin Group at the polls, so they are trying on the streets.

But they still lack the numbers.

• Like 1

I agree Mr. Suthep probably ordered the beating stopped. My hunch is that he is hoping for the opposite to happen- he wants to provoke the police into attacking his protestors so that he wins more support form the undecided. So far Yingluck has wisely abstained from force, waiting for the protesters to disband.

Its a numbers game and the opposition knows that they can not defeat the Reds/Thaksin Group at the polls, so they are trying on the streets.

• Like 2

Your hunch is as good as mine but if he really hopes for the police to start shooting on protesters that is truly evil. I am not saying it is not his plan as i don't know but I do know if it is its evil.

• Like 1