Good tv series

beechbum

16 hours ago, stud858 said:

Good question.  I stream very. low resolution movies at around 1 Mbps.

Google says,

Recommended Internet Speed. You need a minimum download speed of 3 Megabits per second to watch a single video stream in clear, standard definition. The best Internet speed for HD streaming is 5Mbps, and if you go all the way up to 4K streaming, or ultra HD, your bandwidth should start at 25Mbps.

but if you check with a speed test website you may find your 30 Mbps is much lower.  

but I think you'll be fine for standard hd. 

sometimes the issue is with the website upload speed, so you could have 100 Mbps and still face choppy stream.

Yes thats right, even a low speed connection can theoretically stream movies, any buffering etc is usually out in the broader internet or the server upload etc. 

Also, lots of streaming nowadays (Kodi add ons) is doing torrent download or peer to peer in the background. it may buffer etc until it finds 3-4 seeders or peer connections..

Edited by Peterw42
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, xylophone said:

One for knowledgeable out there...……..if I wanted to get a Smart TV, what download speed would I need to ensure good viewing on an HD movie/TV series.

Reason I ask is cos my 3BB is the copper wire one (can't get a fibre feed as problems with the owner......don't ask!) and seems to run at about 30Mbs at a cost of 631  baht pm. According to a 3BB person 30Mb is the highest available on that??

Any suggestions/advice please.

Sounds like you'll be fine. I'm currently away from Phuket reliant upon a pocket wifi router using an AIS 4g 6MB SIM card and I'm able to simultaneously stream Netflix normally and ITV Hub via Astrill VPN. I only expected it to be suitable for basic internet so this is a bonus.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Psimbo said:

I struggled for ebooks when Kickass went down- TPB just isn't the same. just found a few on Lime that I have been after for a while so thanks for the info.

I think I will be turning into a hermit- just had TWO more series recommended Yellowstone and Condor. 3 parter about london's new Sewer is getting good feedback as well. I'll never get out at this rate!

for ebooks try http://www.libgen.io/

One for knowledgeable out there...……..if I wanted to get a Smart TV, what download speed would I need to ensure good viewing on an HD movie/TV series.

I use an android box and AIS fiber 100mbs   BUT am now getting speeds alot higher ?  Only699/month!!!

great for watching tv/movies using Supremacy, placenta, at the flicks.... addons

Edited by phuketrichard
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looking forward to the first episode of Fox TVs War of the Worlds tonight. Like the story, not so much the Tom Cruise version with Dakota (can I scream again) Fanning. BBC version coming soon too. Be interesting to see how they match up.

Damn. Well that was pilot error. It was the Tom Cruise version movie playing tonight. Seems the Canal / Fox version starts shooting this fall :(

Sent using Tapatalk

I managed to get some good stuff through Lime- unfortunately my pop-up blocker is not stopping their little ads from appearing. I have no interest in chiselled young young men called Thor and Dragan!

Edited by Psimbo

10 hours ago, beechbum said:

"Rake", Season 5, episode 1 ready to DL.

Excellent- the mind boggles as to what he will get up to next. You can't help but like him. Just finishing Unforgotten (superb again), Yellowstone and Condor next. Will start Elementary once the series is complete. Trumpland with Ed balls seems interesting as well.

Watched the first episode of Bodyguard and am a bit unsure if I'll bother with more.

I initially thought it was in some sort of eastern European language and was looking for subtitles to work out what was being said.  I eventually twigged the main character was speaking in a form of English, but it sounded like he had a deep fried mars bar in his mouth.  

Then this guy suddenly developed a deep affection for the would be suicide bomber who was about to blow up the train, and his children, and obstructed the anti-terrorist squad from taking her out.

I shouldn't have been surprised considering it's a BBC production, but the part that got to me was the unrealistic amount of woman in all the main jobs. The anti-terrorist squad leader, their sniper and the bomb defusing expert were all female. When he got back to the office, his lady boss promoted him to look after the Home Secretary, also a very strong woman. I got sick of hearing him say "Yes Mum" every couple of minutes. Even his ex treats him like crap, and she has taken a new lover. I'm laying odds on that person's gender fitting the theme.

• Like 1

On 8/29/2018 at 4:42 AM, The manic said:

Bodyguard by the writer of Between the lines is getting good reviews. 

Impressive start for the show! I'll definitely continue watching this one.

BBC 2

The Repair Shop.
 A fascinating series where top craftspeople repair and bring back to life old family heirlooms. Anything from cracked Victorian chamber pots to centuries old rocking horses. 

The skill of the restorers is absolutely amazing, well worth viewing if you like fixing things or have even the slightest interest in restoration projects.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08l581p

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6685272/

Available on TVCUK, TorentDay, RARBG and the bay of obliging Pirates.

:thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just finished Yellowstone- it's already been renewed for a 2nd series and the plot was left open to possibly make it better than the first. Some hot women in it (stick with it for the last episode and 'Avery') and Ep 7 shows that it isn't just in Thailand where Chinese tourists are a PITA.

Struggling with Westworld- the first few episodes were all over the place but the plot seems to be coming together now.

On 8/27/2018 at 6:24 AM, beechbum said:

New BBC 6 part series, "Bodyguard".

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7493974/

Also, "Myans MC" due to start soon (around Sept 4), an offshoot of "Sons of anarchy".

SOA got far too gay in the end for me. Group hugs white socks with trainers and Jax's smouldering glower just got on my pecs. Sometimes they go a series too far and it was getting weird.