Russian dies in high-speed motorbike crash in North Pattaya

webfact

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two posts hidden, one Russianbashing and the other one plain insensitive.

There is a dead person, please have some respect.

On a personal note I like to add you don't need a big bike to kill yourself, I almost achieved this last year with a scooter at 50 kmph. It was a full face helmet that saved my life.

• Like 1

Sad how many accidents waiting to happen are there around.

RIP to the deceased and sorry for friends and family, but it might be better if rentals of that sort of bikes were

not allowed.

Yes, of course you can kill yourself in a small scooter too, but not at that speed and not feeling so great about

it until it is too late. sad.png

Whilst it is most unfortunate another young man has died on a bike, it is not that likely he was a genuine biker. A tourist, or a local on a bike without the gear and/or training, is "just" a person on a bike.Bigger bikes should be limited for rentals - might help reduce this kind of accident... that and requiring genuine bike licenses and enforced helmet use and....And as for you gits who think it is OK to relish in "one less idiot" on the roads - your attitude is repugnant.

RIP to a fellow biker.Some of these machines are far too fast for Pattaya,but i suppose all the time there's a market for them people will continue to rent them out,and at the end of the day it's within the riders ability to make the bike go fast or slow.You never get a second chance on a bike, and so one needs to pay them the ultimate respect.
Edited by DualSportBiker

including a traumatic amputation of his left foot below the knee

I believe most feet are below the knee.

Maybe not if he came from near Cheynoble

How can you make such a nonsense post? Some TVF members are bikers and some might have accidents too. I had one before. Thanks for your kindness.

You wouldn't have written that if the victim was your friend,, would you? Rest in Peace!-wai2.gif

Edited by sirchai
  • Like 2

North Pattaya Road, if that was where the crash was, is a built-up area. In the UK it would be a 30mph speed limit. (48 km/h). We don't know but so many dangerous factors are probable for those who know Pattaya and the behaviour of its tourists and inhabitants.

1. Speed

2. Alcohol

3. Inexperience with very high-powered motorcycles (130 hp)

4. Inexperience with local sloppy driving habits

5. Somebody pulling out or changing lanes unexpectedly causing the rider to swerve

6. Poor street lighting

7 Very poorly maintained rental motorcycle, particularly brakes, tyres, balance, chassis/forks/swinging arm alignment

8 Lack of appropriate clothing and helmet

I would not be surprised if all 8 factors were involved here.

Sukhumvit Road in North Pattaya.

• Like 2

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride! ~Hunter S. Thompson

Hunter Thompson ripped that quote from George Carlin. The original quote is "Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, martini in hand, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man,what a ride!' George Carlin (2003)
Do you take all of your life's advice from the rankings and ravings of the pickled brain of an admitted alcohol and drug addict? One great role model there...so when are you two going for your ride?

Perhaps we can burn the works of Hemmingway and Steinbeck. Erase the accomplishments of Churchill and trash the works of Van Gough. Being an alcoholic does not remove a person from humanity or their deminish their contributions, however controversial. Those that condemn and criticize must indeed live a perfect life.

The inference I take from the quote is that one should engage in risky behavior to have had a worthwhile life and it is that with which I don't agree. I got no problem with alcohol and other natural mood enhancers if said use doesn't endanger oneself or others. Unfortunately it often does.

Stupid?

Good riddance?

Another idiot got what he deserved?

Seems that compassion fro this young man and his remaining family and loved ones is very low here on Thaivisa. One could question why these kind of remarks are allowed here? They sure don't make this site any classier.

I have ridden big bikes and in Thailand even being very careful you get other kind of idiots turning in front of you from some little Sois without even looking who or what is coming their way. I have hit a big construction hole that was in no way marked and due to it being evening after sunset, I was struggling to keep the bike not falling down (reason why I not drive night time anymore). There has been car drivers that do not slow down even there is nowhere to go and they still keep honking their horns and expect you to vanish somewhere. There has been other bike drivers that obviously miss even the basic skills and forethought to conduct their journey just cutting in front of you.

And...where you there? Seeing what happened? Sometimes drivers contributing to someone's death just disappear, not waiting to be questioned. I have a close friend who died when a car bumped him and he lost control of the bike and hit a concrete pole. In that case the Thai driver stopped and called the police. That is not always what happens.

This being Thailand and ranking #3 in the highway death statistics, I would keep myself quiet and pay a little respect to the poor fellow. Or if this would happen to your son or friend, would you speak this way? If so, I would not like to be your son neither your friend.

I agree with your point of compassion for anyone that passes away before their time. You point out that "I not drive night time anymore" & "Thailand and ranking #3 in the highway death statistics". So 2 questions come to my mind 1) How many sober people are driving around Pattaya at 1:30 am & 2) Even if you are sober, do you believe everyone else is?

Good, one less threat to me on the road.

Another stupid comment, someone died here, don't you have any decency or compassion?

Whatever you do don't ever change...

If people deliberately risk innocent peoples lives, then it is better they die. No sympathy from me.

• Like 1

Another stupid comment, someone died here, don't you have any decency or compassion?

If people deliberately risk innocent peoples lives, then it is better they die. No sympathy from me.

And you have proof of this...your deliberately risking innocent people's lives theory? As has been posted, there are myriad possible reasons for this accident, with irresponsible or risky behavior being but one of them.

• Like 1

You're so smart, sure everyone knows that the foot is below the knee but not all amputations are. An amputation of the foot could also occur above the ankle or if more of the leg is lost it could be below the knee. Think about it and RIP to the victim who was probably rented a high powered motorbike without having to prove he was qualified to ride it.

• Like 1

Deliberately???

Who would do that???

This is a candidate for the most stupid post of the year for sure.

They just don't know any better, can't control themselves nor the motorcycles.

Extremely sad.

And yes, much better they kill themselves alone than them taking any innocent person with them. Still, if those motorcycles were not available for rent to that kind of people, it would save lives, including the deceased in this case.

RIP. I hope he didn't leave a grieving widow and children. I don't like seeing stupid genes being passed on to next generation, but perhaps if did have kids they may be a bit more cautious to balance risk taking gene.

And you have proof of this...your deliberately risking innocent people's lives theory? As has been posted, there are myriad possible reasons for this accident, with irresponsible or risky behavior being but one of them.

I was not particularly referring to this incident, though going by the report, he seems to have been well over the speed limit. I repeat, anyone who DELIBERATELY puts innocent peoples life at risk, ie drunk driving etc, would be better dead.

It could have been below the shin, or below the ankle, which is not just anywhere. Nowhere. Right?

Either way, he obviously felt nothing and his foot is no good to him now.

Any amount of alcohol can affect all decisions on a bike. Forensics will throw light on that.

There aren't many places except a straight freeway, where you can open up a bike like that, wearing the right gear too.

I think it is about time there was some sort of licensing and control over all motorbike rentals, the scams are as bad as tuk tuks and jet skis, they will rent to anyone hoping they have an accident, the bikes are rarely maintained and quite often still have red plates on them. I have seen people get on a scooter and crash it outside the rental shop and they still let them go out on the road with them!!

Big bikes are worse because a lot of people that rent them do so because they have never had the opportunity to ride one before. I dare say there aren't too many big bikes going around in Siberia.

I ride a big bike and always wear the minimum of jeans boots and a DOT approved helmet (I import them from the States, $100 - $150 isn't too much to pay for something that will save your life). Long trips a leather or reinforced jacket, I guess the thrill of enjoying yourself when on holiday blocks out common sense.

RIP all the same

• Like 2

Deliberately???

Who would do that???

This is a candidate for the most stupid post of the year for sure.

They just don't know any better, can't control themselves nor the motorcycles.

Extremely sad.

And yes, much better they kill themselves alone than them taking any innocent person with them. Still, if those motorcycles were not available for rent to that kind of people, it would save lives, including the deceased in this case.

Read my reply on post 50.

Whatever you do don't ever change...Another stupid comment, someone died here, don't you have any decency or compassion?

His nutty driving is putting me and my family at risk. I have no sympathy for him and am glad he is off the road.

Edited by tominbkk
  • Like 1

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride! ~Hunter S. Thompson

Though Hunter went out in his late 60's... not mid 20's.

I guess not for want of trying.

Too bad he had to die, but that's not my problem. His reckless driving could have easily killed somebody else, a child, a family, or even a dog. If he wants to be reckless or suicidal, he should do it in a place where only he is at risk.

Edited by tominbkk
  • Like 1

Cannot teach stupid as it is something you are born with.

The young man is dead. You now have an opportunity to rethink your callous and brutish remark.

We are all judged by what we do and say and eventually must answer for them.

What is that, from Leviticus 12 or something? w00t.gif

Put your beer bottle down and think of what you just wrote.

I drink wine, not beer, and then only on weekend nights.

You should get off the stool, the bargirls went home hours ago! wacko.png

As for what I said, I've seen these bully boys racing down the road without regard for people or animals.

• Like 1