Former top military brass calls PM to resign, back reform

Lite Beer

Those retired should stay retired. There will be bloodshed if what they said is taken seriously.

Sent from my GT-I9200 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The key word in this news is "retired".

Whilst it may be so that these commanders and now "retired". One wonders what the correlation is between the current active commanders and the retired. If it is a close correlation then this could to be seen as a warning or indication from the current armed force leaders that they are in favor of the total dissolution and removal of PTP to pave the way for Suthep.

There is NO Way that the current commanders could have sent this letter without it being considered an intended coup or first act of an official army coup.

I think what they may be saying is that in the event that things dont die down and go smoothly between now and Feb 2nd that there could be an inevitable coup which might not be a bloodless one.

No.. I think the message clearly stated 'immediately'.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha ha ha :lol:

Suthep did not get his expected support from the military, so he turned to the old ones.

Maybe a few well groomed old ladies from a Bangkok tea room should join the nostalgic general in giving Suthep some well needed encouragement.

This cockroach is finished :rolleyes:

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Those retired should stay retired. There will be bloodshed if what they said is taken seriously.

Sent from my GT-I9200 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

There will be bloodshed if they are not taken seriously!

What they have said seems perfectly reasonable, they are not calling on the generals to make a coup. They recognise that if PTP cling to power no matter what, then there will be bloodshed. PTP's rejection of the costitutional court is gainst the democratic system, so hardly fit people to lead constitutional reform in the future!

Maybe, it's too late, maybe there will be bloodshed regardless.

There's the rub...! And this is the strongest signal yet that KhunT and his corrupt followers need to drop the reins and allow true democracy to finally emerge in this country...!

• Like 1

Well done! There should be reform in this country. But knowing the Shinwatras, they will do anything to cling onto power. Even if it means tearing this country apart.

Please, stop your nonsense, only one is tearing the country apart, and that is Mr Suthep with his minority , if you like it or not, he has only a few followers, and you seems to be one of them .

• Like 1

i am reading all these replies and what I see is that I guess in your country there is NO CORRUPTION Right??????? You all better wake up every country in the world has corrupt politicians that all they wants is power and money. So what is the difference here in Thailand? NO DIFFERENCE.

Yes, there's corruption then there's corruption on a scale so large people can't ignore it. PTP kind of corruption is costing this country trillions of baht and that kind of money is money this country can't afford to lose. I read about people in this present government crying and moaning about lost revenue from the tourists while they ignore the billions of baht lost because the rice pledging corruption scheme and then there's also the 2 trillion baht infrastructure bill. Yeah that's all about building up this country!

This made me laugh , is there anything else than the rice pledge you can talk about, I don't think so ! you just don't have the clue......sweet dreams ....

i am reading all these replies and what I see is that I guess in your country there is NO CORRUPTION Right??????? You all better wake up every country in the world has corrupt politicians that all they wants is power and money. So what is the difference here in Thailand? NO DIFFERENCE.

Yes, there's corruption then there's corruption on a scale so large people can't ignore it. PTP kind of corruption is costing this country trillions of baht and that kind of money is money this country can't afford to lose. I read about people in this present government crying and moaning about lost revenue from the tourists while they ignore the billions of baht lost because the rice pledging corruption scheme and then there's also the 2 trillion baht infrastructure bill. Yeah that's all about building up this country!

This made me laugh , is there anything else than the rice pledge you can talk about, I don't think so ! you just don't have the clue......sweet dreams ....

Is there anything else PT has done in the past 28 months ?

Oh yeah, there is also the failed tablets scheme, the failed water retention plan, the failed promise to bring the minimum wage to 300 Baht and lest but not least the absence of the PM on almost every parliament meeting. Yingluck I mean, not the fugitive.

I think he has a lot more to talk about than you. At least he is offering debate, unlike you who is just deriding him without any valuable contribution of your own.

Plus, you sound as about as educated on the subject as my 9 year old son.

Sweet dreams.

Is there anything else PT has done in the past 28 months ?

Oh yeah, there is also the failed tablets scheme, the failed water retention plan, the failed promise to bring the minimum wage to 300 Baht and lest but not least the absence of the PM on almost every parliament meeting. Yingluck I mean, not the fugitive.

Don't feed the troll.

Probably another incarnation of member 'jackrich'.

His style, just insults and zero debate and even less intelligence.

• Like 1

Well done! There should be reform in this country. But knowing the Shinwatras, they will do anything to cling onto power. Even if it means tearing this country apart.

I think you forgot something. They WERE elected NOT appointed. They have not called the police and the army to come out with snipers. Have THEY?????????? Maybe where you are from there is no democray so I can understand you.

And just because they were elected, it doesn't give them the right to be corrupt and steal TRILLIONS of baht from us taxpayers. Reform is needed. Maybe not to the extent of what Suthep wants but reform is definitely needed to keep those people who were 'elected' honest. The fact of the matter is, they can be elected again but in a few years, they'll run this country into the toilet and we'll have another round of protests again. I would prefer some form of reform now so we won't have to go through this kind of shit again.

So Suthep and the dems are not currupt right??? cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif

Edited by monkfish

It's so nice for the PTP to have defenders like you who can laugh at corruption that's costing the taxpayers trillions of baht. People like you aren't clueless. You're just brainwashed. How sad for you.

It's so nice for the PTP to have defenders like you who can laugh at corruption that's costing the taxpayers trillions of baht. People like you aren't clueless. You're just brainwashed. How sad for you.

So Suthep and the dems are not currupt right??? cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif

Nowhere near as corrupt as Thaksin and his entire puppet show.

They are so corrupt it even make corrupt people puke with disgust. In fact, they are so corrupt, even past corrupt people have brought hundreds of thousands onto the street to stop them.

That is how corrupt they are.

the truth is, the junta really would like to do one more coup, but for some obvious they can't...

so they just sign a petition asking the pm to resigncheesy.gif

From which tree you're climbing down?

junta?

I guess you do not know what this word means.

Knock on the wood.

Be happy that you can post what you think here.

the truth is, the junta really would like to do one more coup, but for some obvious they can't...

so they just sign a petition asking the pm to resigncheesy.gif

From which tree you're climbing down?

junta?

I guess you do not know what this word means.

Knock on the wood.

Be happy that you can post what you think here.

i forgot this forum is full of: crazy.gif

Ha ha ha laugh.png Suthep did not get his expected support from the military, so he turned to the old ones. Maybe a few well groomed old ladies from a Bangkok tea room should join the nostalgic general in giving Suthep some well needed encouragement. This cockroach is finished rolleyes.gif Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Seems to sum up the situation quite well.

And here we go. Now can understand more of who is backing Super Suthep... No wonder!

I think its very clear where this comes from - and I don't think its necessarily support for Suthep, rather its anti - Thaksin. Like the present military senior ranks they were all appointed by the same person.

So because they were appointed by Anand over 20 years ago, they remain incapable of independent thought about what is good for their country?

No not Anand, and for sure they are probably smart men. But there is only one person who can appoint anyone above the rank of Colonel

Sending out a message that the army, in fact, are not 100% behind the election before reform as incorrectly stated in Sunday by the Defense secretary who was actually speaking on behalf of Thaksin and not the military. So there is your answer to people meddling!

Incorrect use of the phrase 'the army' . It is a selection of retired army generals with friends who are being financially backed by those needing to remove Thaksin. The current C in C appears to be in Thaksins camp. This can never be misconstrued as 'the only peaceful solution'. This may fracture the army...for me thats civil war. All started by a few wealthy family in the name of ...........

Sending out a message that the army, in fact, are not 100% behind the election before reform as incorrectly stated in Sunday by the Defense secretary who was actually speaking on behalf of Thaksin and not the military. So there is your answer to people meddling!

Incorrect use of the phrase 'the army' . It is a selection of retired army generals with friends who are being financially backed by those needing to remove Thaksin. The current C in C appears to be in Thaksins camp. This can never be misconstrued as 'the only peaceful solution'. This may fracture the army...for me thats civil war. All started by a few wealthy family in the name of ...........

But only one of those wealthy families has continually stirred unrest by repeatedly breaking electoral and constitutional laws and accusing the courts of bias when they do their jobs, and using propagandists to spread misinformation to inflame their supporters. Why is that?

Edited by JRSoul