Bitcoin really illegal?

It seems to me, from various news articles i have read that "using bitcoin to purchase goods" "may" be illegal?

Is it illegal to purchase bitcoin as an investment? (ie... not use it to purchase goods or services).

If not illegal, anyone have any recent experiences with being able to transfer money to overseas bit coin exchanges. And if so, which ones?

Any recommendation. I dont want to purchase from anyone based in Thailand as this could possibly be illegal. Id just like to wire money from my Thai account to overseas agent. Any ideas?

Most of the big exchanges don't accept THB directly. Will probably have to convert to some other currency first. If you still have an account outside Thailand, you can most probably use that. Otherwise, there are the local sellers that will accept THB or something else you can agree upon.

Whatever you do, do it quickly. The most recent dip is quickly fading.

I believe Thailand is the only country in the world to ban Bitcoin. Can't say I'm surprised there. Growth and change is not something Thais are interested in. Not to mention, they can't manipulate it, so no interest.

I believe Thailand is the only country in the world to ban Bitcoin. Can't say I'm surprised there. Growth and change is not something Thais are interested in. Not to mention, they can't manipulate it, so no interest.

From the article that the bartender dude posted, to wit:

"The reason for the panic is that the Chinese state has stopped financial firms from dealing with Bitcoin exchanges, which makes it almost impossible for anyone in China to buy or sell Bitcoin for yuan."

That sounds a lot like "banning." Are you ever correct about anything?

selling sex is illegal in thailand

And that is relevant to Bitcoin because.....?

because there are lots of laws in thailand that are not enforced

just because bitcoins are illegal doesnt mean the police have the ability (or desire) to do anything about it

The last thing in the world Thailand needs is another method of tax avoidance.

Not a currency, currency is a misnomer. It's a currency exchange similar to Western Union. The US is now clamping down heavily on Bitcoin exchanges making them do the same paperwork and reporting as other currency exchanges. Pursuing fraud and other things for those that don't comply. Currencies have Central Banks, etc, etc. It may survive, but the wild ride is over.

From the article that the bartender dude posted, to wit:

"The reason for the panic is that the Chinese state has stopped financial firms from dealing with Bitcoin exchanges, which makes it almost impossible for anyone in China to buy or sell Bitcoin for yuan."

That sounds a lot like "banning." Are you ever correct about anything?

lol

And who told you that Bitcoin is illegal in Thailand?

I hope you not suggesting the post from the nutcase who couldnt manage his business properly, so told the world that bitcoin is illegal in Thailand.

The same company that stated that they where told it was also illegal to SELL mining equipment...

The same company to who now sells mining equipment, thus breaking the law that they had in actuality made up. The same law that is also not legal, unless banks can now create laws.

Call them up like I did and ask them for the truth.... Their story will change after a few minutes on the phone... https://bitcoin.co.th/en/

As for China...

Ask yourself one question... Why would any bank trade in Bitcoin when Bitcoins purpose is to destroy the banking infrastructure.

Must feel bad to be a victim of bad reporting.... I see a LOT of victims in this post....

I have a bridge I am selling !!!

http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/news/362222/bitcoin-declared-illegal-in-thailand

And who told you that Bitcoin is illegal in Thailand?

I hope you not suggesting the post from the nutcase who couldnt manage his business properly, so told the world that bitcoin is illegal in Thailand.

The same company that stated that they where told it was also illegal to SELL mining equipment...

The same company to who now sells mining equipment, thus breaking the law that they had in actuality made up. The same law that is also not legal, unless banks can now create laws.

Call them up like I did and ask them for the truth.... Their story will change after a few minutes on the phone... https://bitcoin.co.th/en/

As for China...

Ask yourself one question... Why would any bank trade in Bitcoin when Bitcoins purpose is to destroy the banking infrastructure.

Must feel bad to be a victim of bad reporting.... I see a LOT of victims in this post....

I have a bridge I am selling !!!

• 8 years later...
On 12/20/2013 at 1:40 PM, bartender100 said:

Bitcions took a hammering yesterday lost 1/2 value or near to that

http://www.economist.com/blogs/schumpeter/2013/12/bitcoins-collapse

Nice to see that nowadays Bitcoin doesn't fall from $1200 to $500 in a day like the collapse in 2013.

If you are a new investor, this is what BTC does, just HODL for no more than 500 days and you'll be well in profit.