Mae Hongson getting busy yet ?

Pond Life

Got back yesterday from a 4-day motorbike trip including Mae Hong Song(MHS) and I can tell you that Pai is very quiet for this time of year ( not to mention very cold) and MHS is extra-ordinarily boring beyond belief....if you are looking for a town with unlimited lousy food offerings, over priced rat-hole hotels, no nightlife and snotty people....and no tourist, then you are going to enjoy! ...... I found the Cross Roads bar was the worst pit of despair I have come upon in ages.

I will never ride the MHS loop again, better rides in CM province by far.

• Like 1

Thanks HS, I agree MHS town is a boring place, but theres some nice scenery and villages around it.

Pai seemed to be filling up on Fri night, Im guessing many will be staying for xmas.

Anyone thats actually in MHS this weekend, Id be grateful for a report !

Sure,much better than the road to Pai from the 107, really needs serious work in many places. The 1263 from Khun Yuam to Mae Chaem is really nice.

The hotel we stayed in MHS was empty but the owner said next week they are fully booked.

Edited by HaleySabai

Got back yesterday from a 4-day motorbike trip including Mae Hong Song(MHS) and I can tell you that Pai is very quiet for this time of year ( not to mention very cold) and MHS is extra-ordinarily boring beyond belief....if you are looking for a town with unlimited lousy food offerings, over priced rat-hole hotels, no nightlife and snotty people....and no tourist, then you are going to enjoy! ...... I found the Cross Roads bar was the worst pit of despair I have come upon in ages.

I will never ride the MHS loop again, better rides in CM province by far.

actually, the food is quite good in MHS. if youre looking for overpriced, crappy thai food, then hard to beat CM. bah.gif

never understand why people think a place virtually landlocked (5 hours away from anything truly developed) is going to be a tourist mecca with nightclubs open until 3 am and a general circus-like atmosphere. perhaps, people should read some books...

Edited by samsara
  • Like 1

actually, the food is quite good in MHS. if youre looking for overpriced, crappy thai food, then hard to beat CM.

....... sure, back-water Bob, whatever you saycoffee1.gif

perhaps, people should read some books...

....perhaps some people should learn how to read.whistling.gif

Edited by HaleySabai