Russian necklace snatch in South Pattaya

webfact

I don't understand how a 25k gold necklace is worth 70,000baht?

25 karat gold necklace... 70,000baht... what is there to understand?

But isn't 100 % pure gold 24 karat?

I am 110% sure!

25 carat would mean 5 grams of gold, about $200 if 24 karat....so heaven knows!

Please tell me that you are not a gold dealer.

OK.

I am not a gold dealer.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am 110% sure!

carat tells purity of gold!! It does not tell weight of neclace. so price can be whatever, depending on the weight

No it doesn't, carat is a unit of weight.

IE a 5 carat diamond.

Karat is what you are thinking of.

Edited by jacko45k

I am 110% sure!

There's no 100% gold.They keep dams here to 110 % full, and I'm 199% certain that the Russian had cat gold.

Carat conversion:

58.33% - 62.50% = 14k (acclaimed 58.33%)

75.00% - 79.16% = 18k (acclaimed 75.00%)

91.66% - 95.83% = 22k (acclaimed 91.66%)

95.83% - 99.95% = 23k (acclaimed 95.83%)

99.95 and above = 24k (acclaimed 99.99%) Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carat_(purity)

Carat purity is measured as 24 times the pure mass divided by the total mass:

8751b7da0a53b7104865b692debb2e22.png

where

6643e2dd8eb060850bbfe62e899f18e7.png is the carat rating of the material, 61b5068b5b759ca61b3567ecf0c74628.png is the mass of pure gold or platinum in the material, and 1fa926410c869d167ee022e2f5dd7520.png is the total mass of the material.

You make it sound as though you know what you're talking about and have some knowledge of the subject. Many people would have simply copy and pasted this last bit of information.

I'm surprised that two pages into the thread all the talk is of gold and Russian shorts and that no-one has made a crack about Mr Pishit's name. I'm not sure if people are steering clear of the forum's obscenity rules, or if this topic just attracted a more high-brow crowd... Shame on me for even noticing the name. smile.png

25k gold exists only in Startrek. the additional one karat is beamed into the 24 karat gold and the result is extremely expensive 25 karat gold of 104.16666% purity whistling.gif

rob but don't get caught !!the batle beetween the rich and the poor is not going to stop.

For sure these young fellows on the photo don't understand why some people have gold, the last expensive smart phone, plenty money in the poket, nice hotel room or house, always pretty young girls on their arms and they......they have to live in a shit place, eating rubbish every day and getting the uggly pussy one from the village for wife, because the nice one prefer to go with foreigner....well they are jalous man ...i know....and i think it is normal....!

the billions of bath that thailand make every year with tourism should be used since long time to give a better life to his citizen, but as usual some take the all cake for them and the rest of the population is there for the tipical amazing photo only.

the clever way to be in those countries but not only....... is to show as less as you can, and keep your gold to go to the oscar event.

I allready sais it before It s funny how in thailand police can not make any photos without telling people to point with the finger where the shame is.

perhaps it is me ....but i hate it!

good day and good night

coffee1.gif

God I really love these staged photo shots! Lol

Yeah, but Russian guy is not doing it right. He just stands there, with his hand slightly rised. He almost looks bored, and seems to not understand how important the finger pointing is.

Where is the passion, where is the arrogant, angry stare we usually see in these photo shoots? This kind of amateurish effort doesn't cut it.

• Like 1

should have known mbetter than to wear ANY gold chain in Thailand tourist areas, especially Pattaya!

No! A person should be able to wear gold, if he wishes.

This place should have some police presence. Local criminals know they get away with a crime almost every time. But not this time. Cops did a good job!

No such thing as 25 Karat, 24 karat is the highest, Baht weight is about 22 Karat, and goes down from there.