Protest leader Suthep declares Bangkok seizure after New Year

webfact

Many of the TV trolls hate Suthep. If you are one of them, please feel free to offer alternative ideas on how to rid Thailand of the Shin wannabe dictatorship.

The Shins were voted in democraticly.

If the people want to be rid of them, let them vote them out.

Or other forces could try to keep sending them into exile, one by one.

Or stage a coup of various kinds, such as military, legal or "reform".

• Like 1

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is going to put Yingluck in the same position as Abhisit in 2010. Faced with an organised mob orchestrated by a dictator, albeit from the front not the rear this time, the question is how will she react when she knows she must avoid at all costs leaving herself open to charges like the Democrat PM.

Those January Sales must look more inviting by the minute.

From the front? Old Musso never goes anywhere near the battle grounds that he sends the cannon fodder to. Did you see him at the election registeration punch-up? Of course not, he struts about the stage at Victory Monument ranting and raving to the cameras of his own TV station protected by his bodyguard of thugs.

You could do us all a favour by not trying to make this utterly corrupt old crook appear to be some kind of Joan of Arc, rather than the desperate has-been that he is, trying to get his snout back in the trough.

I totally agree with you catmac. Old "Musso" is taking a page from "Old Square-head's" strategy book re avoiding exposure in conflict areas.

But it is interesting to see "Old Musso" marching at the head of thousands of his followers just like "Old Square-head" did back in 2010.

Old "Square-head" was always around to lend support to his red shirt followers just like "Old Musso" is doing, only from thousands of miles away..

"Musso"rants on stage at Democracy Monument while "Old Square-head" ranted from his penthouse in Dubai.

it's not bangkokians, who should leave the city, but you and your goons should go back to the sticks.

many in the private sector are going to be seriously p*issed when the city will be run amok by endless protests.

I would like to agree with this, but am finding it is primarily foreigners who are seriously pissed. From what I have been experiencing from Thais (family, friends, acquaintances), and what I am reading, this country is so polarized that those who used to have an open mind, no longer do.

You are either a RS or not a RS. There is little in between. I have learned to not even try to discuss issues with Thai Bangkokians unless you first let them know you are on their side. As an example, just look at the problems objective journalists are having in Bangkok.

• Like 1

Many of the TV trolls hate Suthep. If you are one of them, please feel free to offer alternative ideas on how to rid Thailand of the Shin wannabe dictatorship.

And you think this guy is OK? Hmmmm.

Let's see what the people of Bangkok think in the New Year. Suthep is completely off his trolley and needs a padded room!

And by the way, the PTP were elected by the people.

And you think that a bought election that put Pheu Thai in power and gave them carte blanc to do whatever they want and are above the law is democratic?

"Mr Suthep said those killed and injured in clashes with the authorities will be given financial aid from the fund of the People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC)."

Does this mean he is looking for volunteers to fill the position of 'cannon fodder'?

I'm sure he will call them martyrs.

• Like 1

And you think this guy is OK? Hmmmm.

Let's see what the people of Bangkok think in the New Year. Suthep is completely off his trolley and needs a padded room!

And by the way, the PTP were elected by the people.

And you think that a bought election that put Pheu Thai in power and gave them carte blanc to do whatever they want and are above the law is democratic?

Election was fair. Democratic.

Power not absolute. Neither is Obama's, with the finger on bombs to nuke planet earth.

Corruption is another matter. There is a legal system to deal with criminals, e.g. TS.

• Like 2

It's not understandable for almost all foreigners why an election is not the solution specially when all concerned parties are confidence to succeed. With a strong opposition (red or yellow) constitutional reforms and other changes can be implemented. As much as I dislike S and the demonstrations they also a legitimate democratic process if their area in the framework of the constitution. I am sure that all present and future government ruling in Thailand will be more careful and transparent in the future ( this includes also Big T).

Now we are in the process of keep face S with his Victory Day and S with her date of election. Get over it and save Thailand from the embarrassment to become the first freely elected dictatorship in the world. Looks like the lemming suicide.

Old Musso's in top form today! Stand by for the Blitzkrieg you lucky Bangkok people! He did let slip that his mob are being backed and financed by big business, not suprising in this land of unfettered monopolies and cartels all enriching themselves at the public expense.

Will be interesting to hear the squeels from the "hi-so" expats working for big International companies when their phone lines and power are turned off by the mob. They might be posted to Singapore and lose all that cheap sex that makes BKK so appealling to them!biggrin.png

What a crass, ignorant post or maybe your just jealous of expats who can actually find a decent job over here. Many of us have families over here and a vested interest in the country.

You seem to think it's quite funny how Suthep and his followers are tearing the capital apart.

What I find amusing is the way the Bangkok middle-classes all flocked along like lemmings behind Musso thinking he was the great hero when he obviously couldn't give a toss about their welfare. Having used them to create the impression that he had such popular support, he can now dump them to rot in the chaos that he, and he alone, is creating by his Blitz. He is probably the one who is laughing at how naive they were.

Sorry, I'm well past the age where I have to look for a job anywhere, but your lot are not the only ones who may have loved ones and comitments to this country, so stop trying to make out that you are somehow special.

• Like 2

Sure!

As soon as Suthep -in detail- explains, what his alternative is.

Just talking hot air and adding "we will tell you later", when uncomfortable questions get asked, is not a program- it is a hoax!

• Like 2