Reflections jomtien

rayongchelsea

I saw the show apartment mock-ups when it was launched.....and they were lovely.....some of the best that I

have seen.

The cost reflects their quality..............

Thinking about it, maybe that is why they called it Reflections....

Yes, open and with a few people living in it on some floors last time I looked. But the decorative/finishing work isn't completely done yet.

Nice place, quite overpriced and with higher maintenance fees than I would care to pay. Prices were much more sensible at launch. Judging by the advertising still going on discounts are probably available.

Yes, open and with a few people living in it on some floors last time I looked. But the decorative/finishing work isn't completely done yet.

Nice place, quite overpriced and with higher maintenance fees than I would care to pay. Prices were much more sensible at launch. Judging by the advertising still going on discounts are probably available.

I have tried to google up the original prices but can't find them.

Now we are being quoted 100k , probably on launch 75-80k would that be a fair assumption.

Plus , do they have different ( higher) prices for foreigners.

Thanks.

Wasn't this renamed (maybe a new development company) and originally called something different than Reflections?

It was always called Reflections as far as I know. Maybe you are thinking of La Royale?

I nearly bought at last royale at launch 2006?

Glad I didn't they were still working in it in 2011.

I live next door. It is definitely open. I believe (but only hearsay) they have sold a great many units to Bangkokians as investments. I believe the cost is around 120K psm so not cheap but makes my place which is on a par quality wise an absolute steal.

Nice looking build and the area is getting better and better, easy access to sukhumvit, wine bar, cool coffee shops and seafood aplenty. Best of all it is quiet and away from the madness but not too far.

I think the smallest are 60sqm 1-bed units. I looked at one that size a few weeks ago and they were talking about 30K/month but that seemed to be open to negotiation.

Who would pay that for 60sqm 1BR? I understand the view can be spectacular but still!

Why buy in Pattaya? 3 months later somebody makes a new development for cheaper and the other places dont even have a decent occupancy level.

Try somewhere new.

Hmmmm that makes sense but.... if that was true, how come rents aren't getting cheaper, and condos are full almost everywhere?

I think the smallest are 60sqm 1-bed units. I looked at one that size a few weeks ago and they were talking about 30K/month but that seemed to be open to negotiation.

Good to know because I went to the Facebook page of Reflection and I asked for the price and they told me they had one unit for rent 60sqm and wanted 40.000 baht for a 1 year contract !

Edited by balo

Who would pay that for 60sqm 1BR? I understand the view can be spectacular but still!

A similar unit for sale was 6MB list price, plus furnishings, though I suspect some discount could be arranged on that. Based on those quoted prices 30K/month rent is about 5%/year which I would say is about right. Which of course is not to say that the purchase price makes much sense. I seem to remember that the same units were about 4MB at launch.

That was in the rear tower and the view from there is not really spectacular as far as I'm concerned as the front tower is very visible from the balcony. Nice enough, but no more. Only on the front of the front tower do you have a truly open view and you are not overlooked when on your balcony.

In my 60sqm condo which would have an asking price less than half that of the one in Reflections I have a panoramic view (sea and city) and am not overlooked at all. My common fee is just a tiny percentage of the fee in Reflections also.

Another thing that put me off was that I would probably have trouble trying to get a bahtbus to/from that far end of Beach Road, and so would probably have to use my car all the time which is something I would like to avoid being obliged to do. I dare say the average person buying in Reflections would not be seen dead in a bahtbus and so probably wouldn't care about their availability, but I like to keep my options open, thinking of a future in which I perhaps cant drive for whatever reason.

Hmmmm that makes sense but.... if that was true, how come rents aren't getting cheaper, and condos are full almost everywhere?

We are in the middle of the peak of high season. Even the hotels near the Avenue are showing "full" signs. Give it two weeks and the "vacancies" signs will surely be out again.

Personally I think current achieved rental prices are dropping rather than increasing, and I suspect they have a long way further to fall. Rental prices for really nice units in really good locations may hold up longer, but these form a very small percentage of the available units in Pattaya.

Very hard to find somewhere around there where there is no possibility of being overlooked at some point, as many buildings have empty plots next to them and it is all to easy to bung up another high-rise. Most of the developers of new buildings there seem to own very large plots of land and start on the development next door as soon as the first one is 75% sold out. Just look at Nam Talay/Centara and the surrounding area. I pity the people who bought on that side of La Royale, what with the legal issues and all. And I pity the people in that rather smart village nearby who are now overlooked by Nam Talay (the Nam Talay balconies appear to be about 3 feet from those multi-million Baht houses, and Nam Talay is not exactly a HiSo residence).

People in Metro used to be OK but many of them are now overlooked by that Lumpini condo, and those on the other side of Metro must be wondering what will be built in the empty plot there. It was certainly something that I wondered about when I looked at possible purchases in Metro a few years ago.

Pratumnak is more or less a complete write-off for me, there is just so much development going on there and it being so hard to get to.

So my advice is only buy where there is no empty plot visible from your (future) balcony, and good luck in finding such a place.

Very hard to find somewhere around there where there is no possibility of being overlooked at some point, as many buildings have empty plots next to them and it is all to easy to bung up another high-rise. Most of the developers of new buildings there seem to own very large plots of land and start on the development next door as soon as the first one is 75% sold out. Just look at Nam Talay/Centara and the surrounding area. I pity the people who bought on that side of La Royale, what with the legal issues and all. And I pity the people in that rather smart village nearby who are now overlooked by Nam Talay (the Nam Talay balconies appear to be about 3 feet from those multi-million Baht houses, and Nam Talay is not exactly a HiSo residence).

People in Metro used to be OK but many of them are now overlooked by that Lumpini condo, and those on the other side of Metro must be wondering what will be built in the empty plot there. It was certainly something that I wondered about when I looked at possible purchases in Metro a few years ago.

Pratumnak is more or less a complete write-off for me, there is just so much development going on there and it being so hard to get to.

So my advice is only buy where there is no empty plot visible from your (future) balcony, and good luck in finding such a place.

Thanks. That's why I like the front tower of reflections, appreciate you taking the time to response.

It's already insufferable due to the dirt, noise, contruction noise & traffic with consideration for late-night working hours often ignored & present ongoing jobs not being finished for at least 2 years with more planning in the pipeline.

The 'big' connection who has a place down there must have decided that all was fair game & it can only be a matter of time before the Asia hotel gets floored as it's present design is not at all suited to a refub.

I have been told that the 9 hole course is actually a separate piece of real estate which if this true then I see a massive development being done.

Some of the nice plush houses up there are starting to appear on the market as I assume the privacy they once offered will become a thing of the past with tourists looking down onto you from their balconies