When logic set in and they turned the lights off

grumpyoldman

The only logic involved in this is money. I have never seen any traffic build up at those 3 way intersections prior to the new lights.

I don't think they were placed because of traffic build-up but because of danger. At the sai yuan intersection eg were daily multiple accidents.

Sent from my D90W using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The only logic involved in this is money. I have never seen any traffic build up at those 3 way intersections prior to the new lights.

I don't think they were placed because of traffic build-up but because of danger. At the sai yuan intersection eg were daily multiple accidents.

If you are talking about Saiyuan & Viset I agree they need lights there but the other 2 on Saiyuan I feel people have always approached those cautiously & courtesy generally prevails.

Yeah,stop lights. One that has been bugging me for a long time is one I have to pass by on my way to paradise island, where the very busy Ranong-Phuket road meets the far less traveled Phangnga-Phuket road. The light turns green for about 10 seconds, before turning red for a long time to allow the trickle of traffic from Phangnga to pass through.

Why do it the easy way when you can also do it the hard way?

You can rest assured somewhere in a dark room in Phuket the Traffic Disruption Police are working diligently to win the annual longest 'JAM" on the island award. An accolade at the moment proudly held by the Chalong Police who for a brief moment when they ceased shaking down tourists to install traffic lights just before the circle in Chalong. These guys would be dangerous if they utilised the source of their acumen.

• Like 1

If you are talking about Saiyuan & Viset I agree they need lights there but the other 2 on Saiyuan I feel people have always approached those cautiously & courtesy generally prevails.

Agreed, Sai Yuan and the speedway ( Vichit) needed lights, but the three 3ways where the lights were installed was a nice earner for a few people, but caused unnecessary traffic at intersections that didn't need the lights. Glad to see the lights are again non functional.

The daughter of my wife used to work in the restaurant opposite the new Sai Yuan lights, and she told me there were daily multiple accidents. You may feel it safe, but apparently it is not there.