Interesting video on the current crisis.

Bangkokhatter

Very eloquent. Very convincing. Very well meant.

A political act. And as such it would be useful to see and hear the opponents.

Without the opponents statement equally eloquent, convincing and well meant, -

This video is meaningless, just emotional advertising.

• Like 1

Didn't really see any non truths and I believe the ordinary protesters believe in what the anonymous person in the video said. Of course Suthep probably has a different agenda. One thing the video said that is very true, an election now will change nothing and there will still be the same problems after the election. Many posters say that the politics in this country are not their business, and if you are only planning on living here a short time you may be right. However many posters are like me, I have settled in Thailand and have lived here for ten years and plan on dying here. Even though I can't really do much about it politics here is definitely my business.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ X using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Didn't really see any non truths and I believe the ordinary protesters believe in what the anonymous person in the video said. Of course Suthep probably has a different agenda. One thing the video said that is very true, an election now will change nothing and there will still be the same problems after the election. Many posters say that the politics in this country are not their business, and if you are only planning on living here a short time you may be right. However many posters are like me, I have settled in Thailand and have lived here for ten years and plan on dying here. Even though I can't really do much about it politics here is definitely my business.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ X using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

IMO nothing more than more one sided political hype, not really helped by the " anonymous " authors choice of music.

Does this female really think the world actually gives a toss whether or when Thailands elections are held or not held?

I think the only thing the world is concerned about as far as Thailand goes is if they can make money by investing in the

country, and right now I don't think they are rushing to pour their cash into Thailand.

But don't let that get in the way of the reds, yellows, blues and blacks, or anyone else who wants to jump on the bandwagon

pursuing the perceived wealth of a nation living on borrowed time and money.

God help Thailand. wai.gif

• Like 1

According to the 1812 Overture played at the end of the video, it appears these idiots are trying to equate their protest with the battle of Waterloo. The fact is that most of them would not have heard of the Battle of Waterloo.

The way forward to seek a solution to this political crisis is a compromise. The winner takes all attitudes will not gain any resolves to this problem. This has to be dealt with in a civilised manner, at the discussion levels and chewed over at the negotiating table, not by rule of mob protests and threats.

Diplomacy has to be used as a tool for negotiating alliances, treaties, and agreements. And while the yellow shirts continue to push their cause using threats and mob handed tactics in order to make their case, than they will never archive International approval or gain the respect and be recognised as a credible party by the majority of Thai people.

According to the 1812 Overture played at the end of the video, it appears these idiots are trying to equate their protest with the battle of Waterloo. The fact is that most of them would not have heard of the Battle of Waterloo.

The way forward to seek a solution to this political crisis is a compromise. The winner takes all attitudes will not gain any resolves to this problem. This has to be dealt with in a civilised manner, at the discussion levels and chewed over at the negotiating table, not by rule of mob protests and threats.

Diplomacy has to be used as a tool for negotiating alliances, treaties, and agreements. And while the yellow shirts continue to push their cause using threats and mob handed tactics in order to make their case, than they will never archive International approval or gain the respect and be recognised as a credible party by the majority of Thai people.

The Shinawatra Clan are organized crime.

The only offers they'll make are the ones you can't refuse.

Very disappointed with this vile propaganda.... The opening credits promised a MASSAGE to the world from Thailand I opened this expecting to see some sexy massage ladies doing dirty deeds and all I saw was people waving flags and shouting a lot I want to sue the producer

• Like 1

"According to the 1812 Overture played at the end of the video, it appears these idiots are trying to equate their protest with the battle of Waterloo. The fact is that most of them would not have heard of the Battle of Waterloo."

The 1812 overture is about the 1812 battle of Borodino in Russia. Not the 1815 battle at Waterloo in Belgium as some 'idiot' poster is trying to equate it to. 'The fact is that he would not have heard of the Battle of Borodino'

The Shinawatra Clan are organized crime.

The only offers they'll make are the ones you can't refuse.

Never-mind, sometimes the candle has to held up to the devil and is my meaning of compromise if it can divert Thailand from entering into a civil war that would mess things up for all of us.

To be honest I don`t give a rat`s behind one way or another about Thai polities. All I`m interested in as a foreigner here is that whoever gains power they will let me live my life in Thailand without hindrance and without prejudice the same as I have for the last 30 years and this is really only what should be of concerns to ex-pats living here.

Think I make sense and should agree, don`t you?

Edited by Beetlejuice

A couple of weeks ago, I read a fantastic and incredibly lengthy piece by "Zen Journalist".

Took a while but, my God, this guy lays it down.

Google it

I'll leave it you to speculate as to why the author will never be able to return to Thailand.

PS Mods, if this is against forum rules, accept my apologies and delete. Don't think it is, though

Edited by HardenedSoul
  • Like 2

Moderator SBK

In regard to the video in General where you closed the discussion. Disagree completely that the two videos are the same or similar.

The one at the top of this thread I agree with the few posters that it is propaganda American toned garbage.

The other video you have called similar is not anywhere to being similar at all and is a very accurate educated description of the events in Thailand.

Should be absolute watching for all the Red eyed falang Khwai who's limit of democracy is to who won at the booth. Suggest they educate themselves with democracy Rule 2 from just after 5 minutes in to 7.40 minutes.

RE linked here

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=pQVjUsKSKUE&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DpQVjUsKSKUE%26feature%3Dyoutu.be

Thanks Thailand for posting originally. Have saved this link .

Edited by Roadman

Moderator SBK

In regard to the video in General where you closed the discussion. Disagree completely that the two videos are the same or similar.

The one at the top of this thread I agree with the few posters that it is propaganda American toned garbage.

The other video you have called similar is not anywhere to being similar at all and is a very accurate educated description of the events in Thailand.

Should be absolute watching for all the Red eyed falang Khwai who's limit of democracy is to who won at the booth. Suggest they educate themselves with democracy Rule 2 from just after 5 minutes in to 7.40 minutes.

RE linked here

Thanks Thailand for posting originally. Have saved this link .

Much like the OP I posted the link which was sent to me by a Thai friend who is also the head of a large hospital, I won't post his comments as there were somewhat derogatory.

It is 100 per cent propaganda with a clever mix of some truths, half truths, many outright lies and half lies and terminological inexactitudes and obviously only aimed at the external media.

Take from it what you wish.

Neither side in this ongoing farce are going to come out smelling of roses, I simply hope they don't make this lovely country suffer too much more for their political/ financial aims.

Just as an aside. I find it quite interesting that the OP was sent it by his MD and I was was sent the link by my Thai friend. Anybody else received this type of thing from Thai connections?

I have never had anything similar before. Maybe a way to involve Farang in the current debate(outside of TV) although I don'T see any benefits?

A couple of weeks ago, I read a fantastic and incredibly lengthy piece by "Zen Journalist".

Took a while but, my God, this guy lays it down.

Google it

I'll leave it you to speculate as to why the author will never be able to return to Thailand.

PS Mods, if this is against forum rules, accept my apologies and delete. Don't think it is, though

The 'real story' is too sordid, and too complicated, for many hardcore posters (both sides). It's much easier (and more comforting) for them to believe this mess is about a fight for truth, justice and democracy (the western way).

"You can't handle the truth" - A Few Good Men

Edited by rijb

In line with the Thai Visa policy:

Policy In General Regarding Thailand Election/Political Discussions

As a result of the great increase in posts about politics in Thailand, we are requesting that members keep political discussion confined to threads already open in the Thailand News Forum.
Non-political topics in General which are hijacked with political arguments will see posts removed without further notice.

Members who cannot comply with our request will risk a posting suspension.

/Closed