Shutdown is illegal, govt warns

Lite Beer

Regarding the slavery thing, I am not saying that you are for slavery. If you look at the constitution, when they posed the question of "All men are equal..." some people saw slave as property, so they were not free men. So they don't fit that definition. So in a sense it was not at all illegal. That is why the civil war was such a tragedy in US history. They couldn't talk it out, because it was so contentious. So they fought instead. But that is what I was trying to point out, that there can be flaw too, and depends who holds power will abuse the flaw. But do we keep quite and let it continue to run and take the nation to ruins? Again it's up to one ideology. And as you say, we each have our views.

But thanks for the debate. Moving on.

That brings up a good point. Simply because a majority of voters elects a party into office, doesn't mean that gives them carte blanche to do whatever they want. I.E. pardoning your brother of all crimes. They tried to pull the wool over the people's eyes at 5 am and now they're paying for it. Now little sis acts all shocked with tears in her eyes wondering why this is happening.

Well actually, it pretty much does give them carte blanche, if they win the vote, up to them.

Sent from my LG-P880 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding the slavery thing, I am not saying that you are for slavery. If you look at the constitution, when they posed the question of "All men are equal..." some people saw slave as property, so they were not free men. So they don't fit that definition. So in a sense it was not at all illegal. That is why the civil war was such a tragedy in US history. They couldn't talk it out, because it was so contentious. So they fought instead. But that is what I was trying to point out, that there can be flaw too, and depends who holds power will abuse the flaw. But do we keep quite and let it continue to run and take the nation to ruins? Again it's up to one ideology. And as you say, we each have our views.

That brings up a good point. Simply because a majority of voters elects a party into office, doesn't mean that gives them carte blanche to do whatever they want. I.E. pardoning your brother of all crimes. They tried to pull the wool over the people's eyes at 5 am and now they're paying for it. Now little sis acts all shocked with tears in her eyes wondering why this is happening.

Well actually, it pretty much does give them carte blanche, if they win the vote, up to them.

So the winning party can commandeer all the peoples money if they want?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

So the winning party can commandeer all the peoples money if they want?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

They certainly seem to think that.

Actually no it does not, as we've seen here. There is thankfully a working judicial branch of government that worked as it should in this case.