Redshirts meet to discuss anti-coup campaign

webfact

Redshirts Meet To Discuss Anti-Coup Campaign
By Khaosod English

reds.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Hundreds of local Redshirts leaders across the nation have attended a conference in Nakhon Ratchasima province to discuss campaigns against a possible military coup.

The conference was held at Liptapallop Hall inside HM King′s 80th Birthday Anniversary stadium. Over 5,000 coordinators and activists under the leadership of the United Front of Democracy Against Dictatorship (UDD) gathered at the venue this morning to hear speeches by UDD chairwoman Thida Thawornseth.

Other prominent UDD leaders such as Mr. Nattawut Saikua were also present at the conference. The meeting was broadcast live on Asia Update, a Redshirts-allied satellite channel.

Ms. Thida told the coordinators that the Redshirts must be on alert for any potential military coup against the government of Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra. She also raised suspicion over the Royal Thai Army′s moving of tanks and other military equipment into Bangkok this week for the occasion of Children′s Day.

Although the army has insisted the weaponry will be in Bangkok only for a public display on Children′s Day, which falls on 11 Saturday this year, Ms. Thida criticised the move, citing the already-fragile political turmoil in Bangkok.

"The army should not move armament into Bangkok in this situation," Ms. Thida said.

The conference also exchanged opinions concerning the UDD′s further campaign against the planned "shutdown" of Bangkok called by the People′s Committee for Absolute Democracy With the King As Head of State (PCAD) on 13 January 2014.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNNE9UQTRNekl4TWc9PQ==

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-01-07

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that they just do not have the funds to hire "rent a mob" these days, (someone spent it on a shopping trip).

I think there is nothing to do with shopping but the middle guys pocket in a high percentage of the fund to rent them.

"The army should not move armament into Bangkok in this situation," Ms. Thida said.

However past exhortations and looking at recent developments current covert exhortations to bring bottles of flammable liquid into Bangkok so as to burn Bangkok and peoples personal property down are of course totally acceptable.whistling.gif

• Like 2

I have to say poor Thida looks lonely up there. I'd almost like to join her for a cup of tea and a chat.

lonely heart club meeting! Get some rats behind you instead of the stupid poster! Although the fund is running out but you can do better than this!

Edited by bunny11kk

Scamper post # 9

From the photo posted with the story, the " meeting " appears to be going very well.

I think you'll find due to the fact it was a meeting of Red Shirt minds and the one brain cell couldn't be found that is why the stage is vacant.

No raw mateial available

Perhaps the UDD should have a word, with the caretaker Defence-Minister, and tell her to cancel the army's plans, for Childrens' Day ? wink.png

Or does she think that the army don't discuss this sort of thing, with their political boss, who is also her own PTP-party leader & number-one party-list candidate ?

Basil B, on 07 Jan 2014 - 15:55, said:

I think that they just do not have the funds to hire "rent a mob" these days, (someone spent it on a shopping trip).

Wrong.......they already paid 500Baht for a trip to Korat.

Bangkok is between 1000 to 2000 Baht.

Haven't heard how much will be for voting yet.

I'll keep you informed.

that old avowed communist Thida still lives in her Marxist nightmare world with her ego for company and really believe that Thaksins political aims and hers are in tune with each other .

Poor misguided woman she'd be one of the first for the chop if Thaksin came to power followed by all of her and Thaksins Red Shirt pawns and cronies too.

No competition allowed under a Thaksin dictatorship.

You favour the fascists under Suthep who want to replace a democratically elected government by a "people's council" of Mussolini style. Welcome in your fascist dictatorship,

dont think he said that in his post do you troll man..grow up and try constructive debate if you can.....if you read his previous posts hes not a fan of suphep like most on here,jog on...coffee1.gif

• Like 2

The red shirts should be asking themselves what to do now the woman they got married to has hoist the jolly Roger, donned a pointy hat and cancelled their ATM cards.

When they've figured that out they should then be asking themselves how it is that the inimitable and despicable Suthep is trying to divorce their wife, burn the jolly Roger and become more popular

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Those poor redshirts, looks like a rocky road ahead . First they have to deal with Suthep trying to dump Yingluck,

and his ability to gathers protestors in numbers never ever seen before. Then the rice farmers are turning

on them since the money to pay the farmers for the crop they sold does not exist anymore. And now the Army is

rolling heavy equipment and keeping mum about coup plans. Must be sleepless nights in Dubai for Thaksin

as his plans slowly crumble....... But happy nights for me, as it appears that the cancer upon Thailand, the Thaksin

clan, is on borrowed time and will soon be gone.

I sincerely hope you are right but I don't think these beasts can be removed easily. At least the army comes out to warn them against crazy violence next week. Let's see how it goes.

you know I am not allowed to call our beautiful caretaker PM her official nickname (crab) otherwise my post would be removed immediately. AH!

Edited by bunny11kk

From the photo posted with the story, the " meeting " appears to be going very well.

cheesy.gif Good one, Scamper. This meeting and others, they have called recently. I have yet to see THEIR millions of supporters, in one place cheesy.gif

At least, in this picture, the people are a little easier to count and there shouldn't be hours of discussion, on how many were in this picture.

They will be getting it all sorted as to who will be in charge of the grenade launchers, the rifles, who will get the amo and what are the best targets for the bombs and petrol bombs.

They took out Sae Deang last time so they will have to organize a new leader, arrange for the payments and all the other details.

that old avowed communist Thida still lives in her Marxist nightmare world with her ego for company and really believe that Thaksins political aims and hers are in tune with each other .

Poor misguided woman she'd be one of the first for the chop if Thaksin came to power followed by all of her and Thaksins Red Shirt pawns and cronies too.

And Thaksin surely isn't a communist. The red dream for using Thaksin for their own goals just doesn't work.

cheesy.gif Good one, Scamper. This meeting and others, they have called recently. I have yet to see THEIR millions of supporters, in one place cheesy.gif

At least, in this picture, the people are a little easier to count and there shouldn't be hours of discussion, on how many were in this picture.

Ah, a bit of lazy thinking, Mr. kurtgruen. It is very easy for people to rally in BKK. Take a day off in Bangbon, ride the BTS, and PRESTO--instant protester number 233,567. Duh. The people up north have many serious considerations, many are more than ten hours away, and this is a busy time of year for them to feed their families. Believe me, there are millions of red shirts, and, yes, I know some of them are very dangerous, and we should all be glad they are not converging on BKK. There are radical elements on both sides, unfortunately. Men In Black is not just for the police, and never was here, and even Will Smith went that way.

The red shirts might converge on Bangkok, depending on how this plays out. This is very serious; this is people's lives and children and aspirations. Do you really think every single ballot was bought? People vote for whoever they think might help improve their life. Many in the US voted for George W Bush, including myself. And that was a BIG mistake.

I think Thais have the right to make their own mistakes.

I really do not support either side in this, even though I have a vested interest in my Thai wife and Thai daughter. I honestly believe that I am only entitled to an opinion about events and information, not people themselves, just their actions and words. I hold that Thai people should determine their own future, and that they should progress, and thrive, and prosper in their own way, in their own time. I for one am glad that foreigners cannot own land here because all the land would be bought up in less than six months by foreign elements, and we all know it.

But your lazy thinking to punt a point for whatever side you consider your side is neither funny nor intelligent nor polite. We are visitors, and Thais only pay attention to polite visitors. Sitting there at your computer, do you think Thailand is some distant country? You breathe Her air.

I do NOT think this is the endgame at all...in chess this would be 'check', not 'checkmate'. This is serious, and Thais are reading what you write. I can tell you have a brain. Please stop being lazy with it.

post-4641-1156693976.gif

• Like 1

Another coup for the rich? Military strongmen like Prayuth have had the same education Suthep is bragging about, that means that their daddies paid the tea money and bribes so they could get a title without studying. What they did not learn is that the times have changed, Foreign companies do not consider Thailand half as important as only 5 years ago. Now Burma is opening up, they just move 500 kilometer away from Bangkok, The same can be said for the strategic importance of Thailand. Therefore this time tourists and businesses alike will move and stay away. The Democrat Party was always a party on the take with sponsors like Ekayuth, family of Chuan who made it out of the country with his help, directors of huge companies who did not repaid their creditors and losers of small companies that ran without paying like Sondhi.

Anyone who thinks that corruption will disappear with this government is dreaming. The DP and the army are the most corrupt institutions of Thailand. But than again a man who says the fake bomb scanners are working fine should not be judges as sane.

• Like 1

Except the latter won't be allowed to happen.