Yingluck to be nominated for Nobel Prize?

webfact

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yingluck has represented the country well. She has done with grace and dignity. She is a worthy contender for the prize.

She has engaged in no military action and she has been diplomatic with opponents.

There have been winners who are a lot less deserving than her.

I wish her the best of luck.

Perhaps you could give us some examples of her amazing successes. I suggest you start with reconciliation, stopping corruption, improving the life of Thai citizens.........

BTW why would she engage in military action? What we have today is genuine peaceful protesters, not a facade hiding armed insurrectionists.

Reconciliation is a two way street. Her opponents are not interested in reconciliation. As a matter of fact, in spite of what may be said about Thai culture, it is not very concilatory. Someone up the food chain decides what should be done and everyone keeps their mouth shut and gets on with life. Those days are gone.

She has steadfastly held to not using force against her opponents, something that her opponents didn't adhere to in the Temple in Bangkok.

The cause of the problems in Thailand are not of her making and her absence will not make them go away.

She has been an ambassador for the Thai people and is worthy of the nomination.

• Like 1

Yingluck has represented the country well. She has done with grace and dignity. She is a worthy contender for the prize.

She has engaged in no military action and she has been diplomatic with opponents.

Perhaps you could give us some examples of her amazing successes. I suggest you start with reconciliation, stopping corruption, improving the life of Thai citizens.........

BTW why would she engage in military action? What we have today is genuine peaceful protesters, not a facade hiding armed insurrectionists.

Reconciliation is a two way street. Her opponents are not interested in reconciliation. As a matter of fact, in spite of what may be said about Thai culture, it is not very concilatory. Someone up the food chain decides what should be done and everyone keeps their mouth shut and gets on with life. Those days are gone.

She has steadfastly held to not using force against her opponents, something that her opponents didn't adhere to in the Temple in Bangkok.

The cause of the problems in Thailand are not of her making and her absence will not make them go away.

Your a wind up merchant.

Her government elected 3 years ago-she was appointed to be the PM.

According to the PM job description appointing a qualified cabinet to run the country for its term of 4 years.

If it had done this Everyone would have been more than happy (even all posters) PROBLEM She did not do what she was supposed to do.

She hasn't run the country as she promised.

Your last sentence is stupid-with respect. The cause of Thailands problems ARE her makings she took on the role who can blame a.n.other ????

You are seeing anger at her bankrupting the country in 3 years---get it.

Yep, she has shown great restraint by not shooting people armed with whistles.

P.S. read the Thai article, she hasn't been nominated for anything, she may have a ticket for the Fashion TV Awards though.

Yingluck has represented the country well. She has done so with grace and dignity. She is a worthy contender for the prize.

I like your satire.

However, everything, every plan, sentence, speech she touches is a complete disaster. Do you read the news in braille, and accidentally touched the wrong surface, or is the local homegrown stuff that potent?

• Like 2

About as much sense in this as Obama being nominated before he was elected president. bah.gif

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Yes they devalued their brand by giving the prize to Obama before he actually did anything, and it turns out he won't be earning it either.

It's been devalued for a very long time... Arafat, Carter...

I am pretty sure the Nobel is a few years away from allowing PUPPETS in the group.

I agree, but I think they will be CGI characters who "united people around the world providing goodwill and common understanding" or some nonsense like that.

The Nobel Peace prize has lost its shine for me. Nelson Mandela ..... thumbsup.gif Barack Obama.... mmm.....

Yasser hadafat

And others:-http://listverse.com/2007/10/17/top-10-controversial-nobel-peace-prize-winners/

Yingluck has represented the country well. She has done so with grace and dignity. She is a worthy contender for the prize.

I like your satire.

However, everything, every plan, sentence, speech she touches is a complete disaster. Do you read the news in braille, and accidentally touched the wrong surface, or is the local homegrown stuff that potent?

Congratulations. Satire is a much neglected form of wit!

• Like 2

Really, people aren't paying attention!

She is being nominated for the physics prize for her ground-breaking paper "Improved Determination Of Tau Lepton Paths From Inclusive Semileptonic B-Meson Decays".

She is also a strong contender for the chemistry prize, for her development of nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy for determining the three-dimensional structure of biological macromolecules in solution.

Well...that makes sense......thanks for clearing this up for everyone.....I just totally misunderstood her calling.....

About as much sense in this as Obama being nominated before he was elected president. bah.gif

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Yes they devalued their brand by giving the prize to Obama before he actually did anything, and it turns out he won't be earning it either.

No more of a joke than Obama receiving the Peace prize in view of Afghanistan, Iraq, and numerous drone strikes.

Oh, silly me, I'm forgetting there is a substantial cash award along with the prize.

• Like 1

I like your satire.

Congratulations. Satire is a much neglected form of wit!

Wait a minute... I think I qualify for the nod for the Nobel Peace prize.

I drink with grace and dignity and I never chuck my cookies.

I have engaged in no military actions against foreign entities except for a few sweaty and very fleshy skirmishes just across the border.

There have been may less deserving nominees than me.

I therefore seek the T.V. nomination for the Nobel Peace prize for what I'm never going to do in the future.

Thank you three times!

I haven't got the time to read all the jokes, jibs and ridicules this topic has generated,

I will add my own by saying that Alfred Noble is turning in his grave just at the notion

that something like that even being remotely conceded, even as a joke...

• Like 1

Hi there, I'm astonished by the negative, and I would say even strange, reactions of my fellow expats to the notion of a nobel for the PM. If you know some history, or even follow current news, then you must know that in other countries demonstrations which explicity attempt to overthrow an elected or non-elected government are generally met with extreme force. This is a PM who allowed demonstrators to enter government buildings, has instructed police and military *not* to use force on those who seek to overthrow her government, and has done her best to avert a military coup, which might well result in futher bloodshed (remember the last times the military ruled this country when unarmed workers and farmers were shot down in cold blood in the capital). Enough, Eric

• Like 1

Hi there, I'm astonished by the negative, and I would say even strange, reactions of my fellow expats to the notion of a nobel for the PM. If you know some history, or even follow current news, then you must know that in other countries demonstrations which explicity attempt to overthrow an elected or non-elected government are generally met with extreme force. This is a PM who allowed demonstrators to enter government buildings, has instructed police and military *not* to use force on those who seek to overthrow her government, and has done her best to avert a military coup, which might well result in futher bloodshed (remember the last times the military ruled this country when unarmed workers and farmers were shot down in cold blood in the capital). Enough, Eric

You clearly know nothing.

Try researching some history of events over the last 4 years.

This whole thing is a cynical publicity ploy. They hope it will go international and her name will be linked somehow with the words 'Nobel prize' then if the PT government of thieves is ousted, the international community will think 'Oh but she has a Nobel prize, she must be a good person'. Yes it is not true, no she was never nominated but people have that connection in their brains and don't bother to check anything. PT detritus same as usual.....Thaksin is trying every tool in his arsenal to sway opinion to his side.

• Like 1