JohnPark

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

glad you are ok to post it here.

were you able to ride the bike back home after the accident? It looks like OK after the accident.

and i did not notice any sand spot on the place of accident. suspensions suck on cbr250r and it is a major thing that was killing my confidence.

so what is broken and how much it costs to fix the bike?

I was able to ride home no problem.

Bike was missing the left foot peg and had bent the left handlebar, had to replace all the plastics on the left side.

Total cost 15000 bt but would have been cheaper if I hadn't bought upgraded parts.

The suspension is really bad, think I'm going to buy a new bike when I get back from work next month. Getting quite bored with the 250, not bad for a first bike though (good to learn on)

Bike was missing the left foot peg and had bent the left handlebar, had to replace all the plastics on the left side.

Total cost 15000 bt but would have been cheaper if I hadn't bought upgraded parts.

The suspension is really bad, think I'm going to buy a new bike when I get back from work next month. Getting quite bored with the 250, not bad for a first bike though (good to learn on)

I know where there's a year old er6n for sale.

Pl me if you're interested.

Glad your ok and ready to upgrade.

Norman

I know where there's a year old er6n for sale.

Pl me if you're interested.

Glad your ok and ready to upgrade.

Norman

Think I'm going to buy new so that I can pay it up on finance but thank you for letting me know.

Hopefully you've run that road again to figure out what you did wrong (ideally without crashing again, and in better footwear).

Yep, run it again many times since then. Don't have boots yet but going to buy some when I get back to the UK.

Good to see you are ok - but don't worry, insurance will pay for that.

Hopefully you've run that road again to figure out what you did wrong (ideally without crashing again, and in better footwear).

Yep, run it again many times since then. Don't have boots yet but going to buy some when I get back to the UK.

Good- you got a cheap lesson in decent gear- we all <deleted> up on a bike once-in-a-while (lord knows I have;)) but dressing properly for the (potential) crash is cheap insurance- good boots can save not only your feet and ankles, but also your knees as they reduce the force of the impact if your feet hit the ground (which is the leasing cause of knee injuries)- you got out of that lightly- damage to the bike is never that big of a deal, but damage to you really sucks.

Good to see you are ok - but don't worry, insurance will pay for that.

Never bothered claiming the insurance, just fixed everything in my driveway.

Glad you're OK and that you are back on the bike.

So did you figure out what went wrong ? To me it looks like two things.

Just prior to the accident you braked - or at least let go of the trottle - putting more weight on the front weel and extending the distance from front to back weel requiring a larger turn radius (because of released suspension).

You tried to steer the bike through the corner by just pulling the handlebar - which usually will make the front wheel loose friction (especially with added weight on the front weel) - since the cam angle didn't change.

If you need to adjust the curve it is quite essential to lean into the curve. You learned it the hard way - but that sometímes means that it is remembered better...

Please don't considder this a negative know it all post. I too make mistakes and am always happy when somebody helps me figure out what went wrong.

What goes wrong is people driving too fast and have no vision ahead!!

Buy a bicycle instead of a bigger bike. It will kill you. Your driving is abysmal, lane discipline is non existent.

Dual cariageway, no oncoming traffic on that road.

I can see that it's a dual carriageway, that doesn't take away the fact that your lane discipline going around bends is deplorable. Your supposed to follow the course of the road whilst remaining in the correct lane, not take the shortest route on the road.

• Like 1

Here come the army of TV critics. Yawn.

Glad you're OK. You'll learn from your mistakes, don't worry about it.

Stock tires? I loathed the stock tires on the CBR250R, replaced them as quickly as I could.

• Like 2

Here come the army of TV critics. Yawn.

Glad you're OK. You'll learn from your mistakes, don't worry about it.

Stock tires? I loathed the stock tires on the CBR250R, replaced them as quickly as I could.

Pirelli Diablo rossa 2, great tyres. Also hated the stock ones.

• Like 1

Good example, that ABS makes sense. Glad you made it without much damage, to yourself and the bike. And also important to note that the right gear certainly is worth the money and sweat.

Really wish I had went for the ABS version now, I think that would've prevented the crash.

Every bike I buy from now will have it fitted.