Elderly German Man Robbed Of 50,000 THB

Rimmer

Elderly German Man Robbed Of 50,000 THB

pdn211.jpg

A group of Thai males who were driving a pick-up pulled in front of an elderly German man while he was walking back home. They then attacked him beating him unconscious and stole 1,000 Euro in cash before fleeing the scene.

PATTAYA – January 9, 2014 [PDN]; at 4.00 a.m. Pol. Capt. Witsanu Chaisuwan (Deputy Inspector of Pattaya city police station, Chonburi province) was notified from bystanders that they found a foreign man who had been attacked who asked them for assistance near Boonkanjanaram temple, Jomtien second road, Moo 12 Tambon Nong Prue, Amphur Banglamung, Chonburi province. So he rushed to inspect scene together with a police team.

At the incident the officers found foreign man a Mr. Franz Eibl, aged 75, German nationality; he had a swollen face a broken nose and black eyes. Therefore, the officers coordinate with the rescuers to perform first aid.

Full story:--http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2014/01/09/elderly-german-man-robbed-of-50000-thb/

--PATTAYA DAILY NEWS 2014-01-09

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From questioning bystanders they said that Mr. Franz Eibl was sitting leisurely in front of the market then he lost control while walking up some stairs and fell down the stairs injuring himself so they assisted him by performing first aid.

Poor chap. First assaulted, then this !

• Like 1

I don't think he got all of those facial injuries from falling down stairs, but what do I know? Maybe he was sitting after being assaulted and then fell??

I do like the stories where Thais assist farangs. We don't get enough of those stories.

The amount stolen is equal to only around two 500 Euro Notes. Maybe he felt carrying it was safer than leaving it in his hotel room.

Yet, being anywhere drunk and elderly in the middle of the night walking alone can find you mugged almost anywhere in the world.

• Like 2

Idiot!! Walking 4 am with that much money on the street !!!!!

Didn't take long for someone to come along and blame the victim.

I don't regard what andreas said as being the same as blaming him?ermm.gif

Everyone needs to exercise common sense and it is simply imprudent to walk around with large sums of money in the early hours of the morning?

• Like 2

The amount stolen is equal to only around two 500 Euro Notes. Maybe he felt carrying it was safer than leaving it in his hotel room.

Yet, being anywhere drunk and elderly in the middle of the night walking alone can find you mugged almost anywhere in the world.

Was he drunk?

Why do so many always assume that when a farang gets beaten up, robbed or murdered in Thailand that they were drunk?

• Like 2

Was he drunk?

Why do so many always assume that when a farang gets beaten up, robbed or murdered in Thailand that they were drunk?

Because a drunk is an easier prey than a sober person able to react faster, defend him self or be smart enough to run away....

wow they have 500 euro notes?

My country has 10k notes i think.

Everyone needs to exercise common sense and it is simply imprudent to walk around with large sums of money in the early hours of the morning?

What you are saying is that if he had only had 3-4000 bht, they would not have robbed him?

These gangs are looking for lonely elderly, and this time They got the jackpot.

• Like 1

Yes, I sympathize with him, but I would rarely walk about with that much money at any time and a 75 year old wandering about at 4:00 am is ridiculous. I feel very safe in Pattaya and even Bangkok, but I still exercise some caution.

• Like 1

Was he drunk?

Because a drunk is an easier prey than a sober person able to react faster, defend him self or be smart enough to run away....

Yep, he certainly looks as he would be a fast reactor, fighter and a fast runner. His attackers beingh a lot younger than him, i know this because I am a TV nember,would not have been able to match him.

Poor old man.

He is enough old to understand the world, and especially TH.

Why have to carry 1000 E over midnight in Pattaya? May be this money was his daily "bar budget" but didn't run out cause hookers wub.png didn't want to go with him and his buddies paid all his drinks.

sorry.gif

I am guessing you never saw 1000 euro in a hand. People like you can live 4 months with it. What a shame!

Well some of these ppl here have probably adapted to thai standards of living. 1000 euro is a lot of money for a thai and what is worse is that the largest amount of thai currency is the 1k bht so 1k euro is really so many 1k thb.

Was he drunk?

They watched all them CSI shows on cable..blink.png

Can somebody pls correct this story. Unless he had 50k of thb on him which was stolen then it's 50kthb if it's 1k euro that was stolen from him then it's only 45k thb not 50kthb this story makes it seem like the euro suddenly jumped up so high. What's next american had 40k THB stolen from him which is 1K USD. GTFOH

Yep your right 2 X 500 = 1000 10 x 100 = 1000 and your point is ???? Nobody in their right mind goes out

drinking with $1200 in their pocket.

• Like 2

In other braking news:

A Russian was seen drunk near walking street

An Australia youth wearing flip flops and no shirt mistook a lady boy for a woman

A group of Chinese tourists lost their tour guide and were blocking traffic looking confused in the middle of a busy intersection

• Like 2

What you are saying is that if he had only had 3-4000 bht, they would not have robbed him?

These gangs are looking for lonely elderly, and this time They got the jackpot.

That's exactly why I said it's imprudent to..............

1. walk around
  2. with a large sum of money

in the early hours of the morning ( And especially as you say if you are lonely elderly)

That way you wouldn't risk losing even 3-4000 bht would you?ermm.gif