Hare Krishna

madmitch

did they have work permits?

i have eaten quite often in their veg restaurants in various non Thai places, cant do anything other than highly recommend their very good cheap food. i also have no qualms in giving them my money for this food as they are not and never have been involved in any violent actions anywhere. just about the only religion you can say that about which is probably a big cause of the vitriol against them here and elsewhere. misery loves company as do these violent religious freak.

so you know what you are facing, i should add here that being accomplished dedicated groupies they are absolutely no slouches at all when it comes the snot slinging department.

There was a bunch of them working along Nanai Rd last evening at about 6pm. Only seemed to be approaching Thais though and not the French and Russians that were in the guest house bar I was sitting in.

They wandered past the Ting Tong bar (Nanai) and a couple of them came in soliciting alms (but left empty handed). The have improved their act, though - one had a trumpet and they had various other instruments.

There was a bunch of them working along Nanai Rd last evening at about 6pm. Only seemed to be approaching Thais though and not the French and Russians that were in the guest house bar I was sitting in.

They wandered past the Ting Tong bar (Nanai) and a couple of them came in soliciting alms (but left empty handed). The have improved their act, though - one had a trumpet and they had various other instruments.

Wow, the Ting Tong bar. Not hard to imagine what type of bar that is!

Good on them some of these girls can be saved by following Krishna.

Just a regular bar/resturant. Very good Fish & Chips.

Larry from Liverpool started it a good few years ago, he could not think of a good name so he just called it Ting Tong Bar as most people thought he was crazy to open a bar biggrin.png He sold it to the new owner a few yaers ago.

Saw them passing by on nanai road two days ago. Invited them to my restaurant and gave them as much food as they can eat. Then offered them to sing on my roof, under the moon and stars and oh boy that was some crazy singing and dancing. Looks like they are happy. And fo sho they are not on any drugs as I talked to few of them after that.

Just a regular bar/resturant. Very good Fish & Chips.

Larry from Liverpool started it a good few years ago, he could not think of a good name so he just called it Ting Tong Bar as most people thought he was crazy to open a bar biggrin.png He sold it to the new owner a few yaers ago.

Ah, beg your pardon.

did they have work permits?

i have eaten quite often in their veg restaurants in various non Thai places, cant do anything other than highly recommend their very good cheap food. i also have no qualms in giving them my money for this food as they are not and never have been involved in any violent actions anywhere. just about the only religion you can say that about which is probably a big cause of the vitriol against them here and elsewhere. misery loves company as do these violent religious freak.

I am all for Krishna consciousness but to say that " they" have never been involved in any violent actions anywhere is ridiculous. Go ahead and google Hansadutta Swami or "Krishna child abuse" or such .

All the same in the end man.

You have no idea how wrong you are.....try visiting one day and then post your retraction.

"some of these girls can be saved by following Krishna" - I think these girls would rather be saved by some ting tong farang falling in love with them. :) :)

• 4 months later...

Remember from my Amsterdam period that the local Hara Krishna community there offered free meals when you went to their place. It is part of the Hindu tradition that first the stomach should be filled in order to be able to receive the spiritual message, in Gurudwaras in India you also got/get a free meal.

Never mind these people....research suggests that young people joining a sect, on an average just stay in there for about 2 years.

Remember from my Amsterdam period that the local Hara Krishna community there offered free meals when you went to their place. It is part of the Hindu tradition that first the stomach should be filled in order to be able to receive the spiritual message, in Gurudwaras in India you also got/get a free meal.

Never mind these people....research suggests that young people joining a sect, on an average just stay in there for about 2 years.

Cheapie dates when in High School in America (very little to no money in hand), used to take the girls to the Hare Krishna temple for free dinners. We'd get there a little late so as to not have to do too much chanting. Vegetarian meals, quite tasty really.

Just a harmless Hindu sect.

NOT! I lived the first 2/3 of my life in San Francisco where they were at epidemic level. Drug Dealing, violence, forced sexual activities and mind altering drugs. No Good. I'd love to get a batch of Kool Air ala Jim Jones and finish off the lot. They would get members to set up others for kidnap and get the assets.. Bad sect of nutters.. Run them out of the Island

CPC