Immigration services at Cheang Wattana now suspended

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

According to the immigration website the CW offices are open!

Is this just the fact they haven't been updated at all then?

I am going there tomorrow, and I don't know what time will be like if I have go to Lad Phrao and it is closed. It will take quite a long time to get from there to CW!

Hi,

I am going there tomorrow, and I don't know what time will be like if I have go to Lad Phrao and it is closed. It will take quite a long time to get from there to CW!

INCORRECT.

Both general immigration webiste and Bangkok immigration website still show CW-road to be cloased.

Given the long time it is closed now, it will also probably take a couple of days after things calm down enough to open CW-road again to get things up to order and open it for the public.

I have removed all replies that started dragging this topic into a off topic political discussion.

Edit: Add one to those that questioned my actions. If you want to discuss the protests you can do it in the news forum.

Actually, if your not able to make it to a temporary immigration center, you can go to Bungrungrad Hospital and they can do it for you (for a cost). I doubt if young backpackers could use this service. But if you are a resident (long term or ill) the hospital will assist. Be sure to call them first.

Major Hollywood is a bit of a distance but nevertheless easy to get to.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

My extension visa is due for renewal only in October but I'm afraid the 'Monk" will still be blocking CW so I want to prepare myself for the obligatory change of venue.

I just googled this Major Hollywood place.

360/14 Moo 7 Soi Suksawat, Rat Burana Rd., Rat Burana, Rat Burana, Bangkok 10140

Looks like a long taxi ride in perspective !!

Is Immigration in the same building as the Major cinema ?

Major Hollywood is a bit of a distance but nevertheless easy to get to.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

My extension visa is due for renewal only in October but I'm afraid the 'Monk" will still be blocking CW so I want to prepare myself for the obligatory change of venue.

I just googled this Major Hollywood place.

360/14 Moo 7 Soi Suksawat, Rat Burana Rd., Rat Burana, Rat Burana, Bangkok 10140

Looks like a long taxi ride in perspective !!

Is Immigration in the same building as the Major cinema ?

I think CW will be open by then.

But you need to go back through this topic because what is shown on Google maps is wrong. See this post and click the links posted. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/696226-immigration-services-at-cheang-wattana-now-suspended/page-7?p=7521455#entry7521455

I too seriously doubt the monk and co. will still be at CW come October...

But, just in the off chance, the Immigration office at Major Hollywood Suksawat, as explained in the link Joe posted above, is an easy 10-15 minute taxi ride from Chong Nonsi BTS.

It's a shorter and quicker trip to there, than by comparison, starting at Victory Monunment or Mochit BTS and then taking a taxi from there to CW.

Lad Phrao, Soi 81, Big C, 5th floor, extension this morning took less than an hour and it was crowded. Officials all friendly and helpful. Piece of cake.

I'll second that, I went at lunchtime today for 90 day reporting and it took all of 10 minutes. As mentioned, friendly and helpful staff. They did tell me Mondays should be avoided, obviously because of the weekend build-up.

To continue the idiom theme- it was a breeze,( though outside was scorching).

Suthep has just announced during his nightly address that Phra Issara will be lifting the blockade of the 'consulate department' at Chaeng Wattana from Monday 17th to allow the application and processing of passports.

No mention was made of the Immigration or other offices.

I've just seen on Channel 3, that Chaeng Wattana Immigration Office will be open for business form Monday 17th March.

The report was obviously in Thai, and my Thai isn't good ... Any other news or views?

I was planning to go to Major Hollywood IO on Tuesday 18th for a Visa Extension, but living in Lak Si, CW is better

Edited by Bocking

Perhaps you misunderstood what was said. It could be that they were talking about the passport office.

There is nothing I have seen about CW immigration opening. Their website still says that CW is closed.

Perhaps you misunderstood what was said. It could be that they were talking about the passport office.

There is nothing I have seen about CW immigration opening. Their website still says that CW is closed.

Thanks Joe

Hi,

Went this morning and still closed, staff told me they going to open again tomorrow 18 March 2014.

Hi,

Went this morning and still closed, staff told me they going to open again tomorrow 18 March 2014.

That's good news. I'll mail my 90-day to CW next week! I'm relieved I won't have to waste half a day at Lad Prao!

There is no announcement on immigration website about CW reopening.

I don't think I would try going there until it is confirmed.

Is the office still in Big-C, Ladprao?

Either there or Major Hollywood Suksawat are open.

There is no announcement on immigration website about CW reopening.

I don't think I would try going there until it is confirmed.

Is the office still in Big-C, Ladprao?

Either there or Major Hollywood Suksawat are open.

You are right ubonjoe.

I went to Big-C Ladprao at about 3pm today to have my re-entry. After filling up the form, had it checked by the officer and I was given a queue. About less than an hour of waiting and was done.

Thank you very much for the information ubonjoe!

Did my extension today. Bl**** awful. Got there at around 11am. Awful queues. Took me over 3 hours from start to finish. Poi Pet is relaxing compared with the ordeal I and many others had to go through today. T-Total for over 6 years, but today I was sorely tempted, but didn't.

I'm assuming you're talking about a visit to Lad Prao, not Major Hollywood???

So does Major Hollywood seem less busy?

I recently got a residence certificate at Lad Prao, staff were doing their best but simply overwhelmed. and whilst that location is easier for me to get to, I've to do my extension and get a re-entry next month and could do without the long queue.

I've yet to see a single post that I can recall complaining of any long waits or queues at Major Hollywood, and there certainly weren't any when I was there a month or so back.

That's why I was asking the prior poster. From his complaint, I was assuming he meant Lad Prao...