Immigration services at Cheang Wattana now suspended

What's the status of the CW complex? I drove around the detour on Tuesday and it appeared they were busy taking down all the tires and sandbags but when I drove to DMK on Wednesday the highway in front of the building was still closed. I heard that the government offices were supposed to be reopened on 3 Feb, now it's the 7th. Would should I expect when I return? Where is the definitive source of which offices are reopened? I need to go back to the ministry of foreign affairs and CW is much closer for me than Central Bang Na.

So far no news about the MFA.opening yet. The consular affairs department passport operations are going back to work but will not be accepting applications for them there.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to the Major Suksawat today. I was simply amazed at the bias to favour the whiteys.

The 'three group' (Laotians, Cambodians, Burmese) of arund 100 were made to line up in three long lines and guided by orders to the windows to wait for the three staff.

The whiteys-- all 6 of us-- were given three windows to ourselves with three staff and no demands to stand up and form a queue...

We were all there to do the 90 day notice.

Another Hollywood report. Reached Wongwian Yai at 11am, left Hollywood / Immigration office at 12:30. If you take a cab, you should watch for the big Major Hollywood sign on the right, and get off across the street. Note that this is _not_ the "Major Hollywood - Suksawat" Google Maps pin, but rather โรงภาพยนตร์ เมเจอร์ ฮอลลีวูด สาขาสุขสวัสดิ์

http://goo.gl/maps/dsPDq

Did a new-passport transfer and bought a new re-entry visa. As expected, they automatically extended my retirement visa (from last July) to full term without any paperwork other than transfer request. Staff was very nice; way less stressed out than Chaeng Wattana or Suan Phlu ever was.

NB: the re-entry visa counter _does_ apparently close from 12 (or 12:30) to 1:30 -- the clerk told a bunch of other folks who were waiting that they should go get lunch, but was nice to me, and expedited my stamp. Not saying that my being older, speaking Thai, and wearing a necktie had anything to do with it, but ...

On return, took a cab to Chong Nonsi via Bhumiphol Bridge. Same price, and about the same time, as the trip from Wongwian Yai (which is slow because there's construction on the main road).

-- Retiree

Not sure why there's this confusion in Google Maps entries, but yes, it can be very misleading... From the Thai Immigration-provided map, their Major Hollywood office is located near Sukwawat Soi 60 -- and NOT the location up on Charansanitwong Road.

post-58284-0-47364000-1391954740_thumb.j

If you do a Google Maps search for "Major Hollywood Rat Burana," it seems to bring up the correct location.

BTW, another way to travel there appears to be taking the BTS Silom line to Chong Nonsi station, then walking along the Skywalk toward Sathorn to catch the Bangkok Rapid Transit (BRT) express bus line. From the starting point of the BRT line there, it will take you to stops near both the Bhumibol Bridge (B6 Wat Dan) and the Rama IX Bridge (B9 Rama IX), where you can then take a taxi for a short trip across the river to Immigration at Major Suksawat.

post-58284-0-80674500-1391954897_thumb.j

Most immigration offices want the bank book to be updated on date you apply or as in your case a ATM slip will do.

Can you do the THB100 deposit before the Immigration officer meeting, rather than running off to an ATM in the middle of it. (I worry that the additional THB100 will not tally with the bank's letter of balance.)

anyone know?

FYI, here's my trip report on my travel and visit today to Major Hollywood Suksawat for 90-day reporting. No mail-in allowed.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/700970-90-day-reporting-by-ems-mail-to-chang-wattana-office-closed/?p=7420258

PS - Although this small mall is pretty dumpy and seemingly little-used, there are quite a few different Thai bank ATMs located there as you walk in.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

FYI, here's my trip report on my travel and visit today to Major Hollywood Suksawat for 90-day reporting. No mail-in allowed.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/700970-90-day-reporting-by-ems-mail-to-chang-wattana-office-closed/?p=7420258

PS - Although this small mall is pretty dumpy and seemingly little-used, there are quite a few different Thai bank ATMs located there as you walk in.

Good report....I need to do my 90 day report in a week or so and will use the Suksawat office since it's on the west side of Bangkok where I live. It will be a closer and faster drive for me compare to CW. I located it using Google Maps and below is a picture of the front of Major Hollywood Suksawat. The GPS coordinates are 13 degrees 39 minutes' 43.20 seconds North, 100 degrees 31 minutes 01.42 seconds East per Google Maps.

post-55970-0-02341400-1392039445_thumb.j

Is this office good for Tourist Visa stamps as well?

I have a double entry tourist visa,

thanks in advance

If you mean extending an existing tourist visa, I believe either Lad Prao or Suksawat can do so.

AFAIK, both are supposed to handle the same kinds of Immigration issues for westerners that Changwattana normally would handle.

Except, of course, for mailed-in 90 day reports, which they're not accepting.

Not sure why there's this confusion in Google Maps entries, but yes, it can be very misleading... From the Thai Immigration-provided map, their Major Hollywood office is located near Sukwawat Soi 60 -- and NOT the location up on Charansanitwong Road.

attachicon.gifImmigration Major Suksawat.jpg

If you do a Google Maps search for "Major Hollywood Rat Burana," it seems to bring up the correct location.

BTW, another way to travel there appears to be taking the BTS Silom line to Chong Nonsi station, then walking along the Skywalk toward Sathorn to catch the Bangkok Rapid Transit (BR

Where most of us are use to seeing maps referenced to the North, It seems Thais quite often post maps that are rotated 90 degrees from North. Plus they annotate the map on a macro scale leaving out some of the smaller nearby roads/landmarks. I see this quite often...just like the immigration map which appears to me to be rotated 90 degrees clockwise from North...plus some curving roads made to look straight. I wish companies/agencies who put a location/map on their websites would also include GPS coordinates so a person could just punch those coordinates into Google Maps/GPS Navigation to see a correctly oriented map and to whatever scale the person wants to view it at...zoom in...zoom out...etc. It sure would save a lot of neck twisting and map rotation when trying to get their posted map and Google Maps to line up.

Hi folks, I'm on a one-year work visa & I need to do my 90 day check-in.

I'm planning to go on Monday February 17, and I'm wondering is the Chaeng Wattana immigration office is open?

Or do I need to go to the Hollywood immigration office?

I've heard also that it can be done at Imperial World LadPrao, 5th floor on LadPrao Road, Wang Tong Lang?

My previous stamp/check-in, states I need to check in again on February 11. The immigration website says I can check in with 7 days after this date which would be February 18. I'm assuming the 7 day grace is allowed, can anybody verify this?

One other question, I have changed my home address where I moved from Samut Prakan to Bangkok center area. Can the address change be done at the same time as the checking? How important is it to check in with my local police station?

Edited by wrazoru

Hi folks, I'm on a one-year work visa & I need to do my 90 day check-in.

I'm planning to go on Monday February 17, and I'm wondering is the Chaeng Wattana immigration office is open?

Or do I need to go to the Hollywood immigration office?

My previous stamp/check-in, states I need to check in again on February 11. The immigration website says I can check in with 7 days after this date which would be February 18. I'm assuming the 7 day grace is allowed, can anybody verify this?

CW is not open yet. You can report to either temporary office.

The 7 day rule is still in effect. But it would be the 17th because they often count the day your report is due in the count.

• Like 1

Go to Ladprao Big-C. it's in the 5th flr.

There is no other Big-C in Ladprao. Or if you know Tha Mall in Bangkapi, get bus #145 (lots other buses) in front of it and you can tell the conductor Big-C and they will drop you opposite of Big-C because Big-C is on the other side of the road.

One other question, I have changed my home address where I moved from Samut Prakan to Bangkok center area. Can the address change be done at the same time as the checking? How important is it to check in with my local police station?

You'll probably need to submit a completed TM28 change of address form in addition to the standard TM47. Best if you also took along with you some proof that you were actually living at your new address. No need, however, to check in with your local police station as well as Immigration AFAIK - at least I've never done so in my 5 years of living here with no dire consequences (to date at any rate).

I did my 90 day, Change of Address (TM28), and got a re-entry permit as well all in 1 trip.

If you can get the .pdf of these forms so you can fill them all out before hand, they will love you for it!

You'll probably need to submit a completed TM28 change of address form in addition to the standard TM47. Best if you also took along with you some proof that you were actually living at your new address. No need, however, to check in with your local police station as well as Immigration AFAIK - at least I've never done so in my 5 years of living here with no dire consequences (to date at any rate).

Go to Ladprao Big-C. it's in the 5th flr.

There is no other Big-C in Ladprao. Or if you know Tha Mall in Bangkapi, get bus #145 (lots other buses) in front of it and you can tell the conductor Big-C and they will drop you opposite of Big-C because Big-C is on the other side of the road.

There are at least 2 Big C on Lad Phrao. The one the OP wants to go to faces directly on Lad Phrao and is located around the level of Soi 83, on the odd soi number side. If approaching along Lad Phrao on the even sided sois, the bus stop is around Soi 96, then use the cross over foot bridge to the odd numbered side, Soi 83. Once you're in the area it's hard to miss. Big building, big sign.

Lad Phrao , Soi 83, Big C 5th floor is correct.

Not sure if it's useful or of interest but I just did my yearly visit to the immigration today. The place was completely packed, I recommend to arrive before 9 if coming in the morning (even though they open officially at 10:30), have your form pre-printed and filled and all other documents photocopied in advance. It will save you more time and hassle than usual. The place is just too small for the kind of crowd now and hence not very well ventilated, noisy, and there aren't enough chairs to sit and wait or writing desks to fill forms.

On the plus side, and kudos where they're due, despite the general stressful atmosphere the immigration officers were working very hard and fast to process applications as quickly as possible under these not so easy conditions. All while still remaining professional and courteous.

As for transport, if coming with a car, there was plenty of free parking in the shopping mall at 9am but traffic on Ladprao is slow to very slow even during off peak hours.

I have a different suggestion on this:

Why fight the crowds at Lad Prao. Use the other Immigration Office at Major Hollywood Suksawat instead, a 10-15 minute taxi ride from the Chong Nonsi BTS station.

Not busy, no long queues, in and out quickly with little hassle. All the same services provided as Lad Prao.

I have a different suggestion on this:

Why fight the crowds at Lad Prao. Use the other Immigration Office at Major Hollywood Suksawat instead, a 10-15 minute taxi ride from the Chong Nonsi BTS station.

Not busy, no long queues, in and out quickly with little hassle. All the same services provided as Lad Prao.

Interesting, I did not know that. Ladprao is much nearer to me but had I known that office was that much better I would have at least considered going there instead. Good info.

Based on member reports here dealing with convenience and speed, the difference between the experience at Lad Prao and Suksawat seems like night and day.

I haven't been to Lad Prao, but I've read lots of crowded, long waits, queues, posts here.

I have been to Suksawat..last week...and was in and out in 10 minutes. No queue. No waiting.

I did my report today at Ladphrao.

14:00: Left home (Donmueang area)

14:25: Arrived at Ladphrao Big C. Walked around a bit inside the mall hoping to get lucky and stumble upon the place.

14:35: Finally remembered (from reading this thread a few days ago) that immigration was on the 5th floor. Took the elevator to 5 and found the office easily.

14:40: Stood in the paperwork check line (which appeared quite long, perhaps 25-30 people, but it moved fast).

15:00: Got my number and sat inside the waiting area. There were about 20 people ahead of me, but three windows were open.

15:10: Called to the window, officer quickly checks TM47 and passport, hands me my receipt and I'm on my way. No waiting time between handing in the TM47 and getting your receipt, as there always is at Chaengwathana.

When you walk in, it appears to be a huge disorganized mess. But in fact, it went very smoothly.

post-140919-0-87175000-1392639904_thumb.

• Like 1

As of today immigration services at CW-road in BKK are suspended till further notice because of the closure of CW-road itself.

Immigration services fully available at two alternate locations.

Due to the demonstrations, Immigration services provided at Government Complex Center are suspended

Our temporary offices are :

1. Immigration Service Center for 3 national Legalized Labors, Major Hollywood Suksawat, 1st Floor,

Suksawat Road, Ratburana, Bangkok. Click here to view a map

2. Immigration Service Center for 3 national Legalized Labors, Imperial World Ladprao, 5th Floor,

Ladprao Road, Wang Tong Lang, Bangkok. Click here to view a map

This temporary service will be started from January 13rd, 2014 until the situation improves.

We apologise for inconvenience.

Service time Mon-Fri 10:30 - 18:30 Closed on OFFICIAL HOLIDAYS

Note the different opening times!

Services available till further notice.

Hi, can anyone tell me the best (most efficient, less hassle etc ) immigration office to go to to get a 30 day extension on a 60 tourist visa. Have been told elsewhere on this forum that it's possible to do this on a passport with less than 6 months validity. Visa expires 10th March but don't want to wait til last day etc Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

There has have been several reports that Major Hollywood Suksawat is less less crowded than Lad Phrao. The process would be the same at both of them.

Don't worry about your passport validity there will no problem with that.

Thanks ubonjoe for your fast & informative reply! Ok how is it best to get to Major Hollywood and which form is it that I need to complete? I think it's a TM...something or other. Apart from my passport what other documents would I potentially need?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand