Immigration services at Cheang Wattana now suspended

There has have been several reports that Major Hollywood Suksawat is less less crowded than Lad Phrao. The process would be the same at both of them.

Don't worry about your passport validity there will no problem with that.

Thanks ubonjoe for your fast & informative reply! Ok how is it best to get to Major Hollywood and which form is it that I need to complete? I think it's a TM...something or other. Apart from my passport what other documents would I potentially need?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

If you look back through topic you will find some posts on how to get there.;

You will need a TM7 form with photo attached. Download and print two sided: http://immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/tm7.pdf

You will need copy of passport photo page, visa, entry/permit to stay stamp and TM6 departure card. Plus 1900 baht for the fee.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi ubonjoe. Just a question on the TM6 departure card. I'm going to get an extension as I'm awaiting a new passport to be delivered which I know can take 3-4 weeks. I'm looking to work here eventually so will get work permit, non B etc. on the TM6 departure card, what info will they need if I'm not going to necessarily "depart". Thanks for the info so far, very helpful.

You just need a copy of your current TM6 departure card you got when you entered the country.

Will have a look but not sure if I have that or not. I have the stamps etc in my passport. Is it imperative I have this or is there any other way to do it?

You just need a copy of your current TM6 departure card you got when you entered the country.

Will have a look but not sure if I have that or not. I have the stamps etc in my passport. Is it imperative I have this or is there any other way to do it?

You should have one in your passport. Immigration staples them in your passport when you arrive. You will need it's number when you fill out the TM7 form.

If you have lost it then you may need a police report for it before you go to immigration.

You should have one in your passport. Immigration staples them in your passport when you arrive. You will need it's number when you fill out the TM7 form.

If you have lost it then you may need a police report for it before you go to immigration.

Sorry. Was being stupid. It's stapled into my passport. Had a mild panic attack then. Ok cool I'll get a TM7 form. :)

Sorry. Was being stupid. It's stapled into my passport. Had a mild panic attack then. Ok cool I'll get a TM7 form. smile.png

cheesy.gifclap2.gif

sorry.gif Just had to that .because I did laugh.

I did my 90 Day reporting this morning at Major Hollywood Suksawat. It was the fastest I have ever did it. In and out in 5 minutes. I was impressed.

I hope Immigration will continue to allow us to report at these other sites instead of CW. So...so...so much better.

Edited by Silurian

I did my 90 Day reporting this morning at Major Hollywood Suksawat. It was the fastest I have ever did it. In and out in 5 minutes. I was impressed.

I hope Immigration will continue to allow us to report at these other sites instead of CW. So...so...so much better.

That sounds promising! I need to go there; which BTS stop is it near to?

ubonjoe I think I love you wink.png

You're in there, Joe!!! wub.png

First, I want to thank everyone who posted to this thread, especially for the detailed information without which I don’t how I would have renewed my “retirement” visa earlier today. Here’s my experience:

I selected Suksawat because of the posts saying that it was faster than Ladprao. From entry to exit, it took me exactly 1hr 50min to both renew my visa and obtain a re-rentry permit.

I drove by car from lower Sukhumvit to Suksawat in an hour, and back in 30 minutes. Traffic going there at 1:00 PM was heavy. My driver had no trouble finding the place even though he had never been there before. What I told him was: “Major Hollywood, Suksawat soi 60.”

As others have mentioned, it is a little bit confusing once you arrive, but I simply asked one of the security guards and I was easily directed to the very back of the first floor, through a long corridor of shops and tables filled with goods for sale. Keep walking. You’ll know when you get there as there are lots of people around and it is clearly an immigration office.

Although it looks disorganized and hectic, in fact, it is quite well done and I had no problem in finding each table, window, personnel that I needed.

There are two copy shops on premises and I used the one directly across from immigration. I don’t know about photos.

A sign confirmed that the office is closed 12:30-1:30. Another sign said that it opens at 10:30. I assume that it closes at 6:30 PM per the immigration Web site.

Altogether a better experience than at Cheang Wattana; still, I’m happy that I only need do this once a year.

• Like 2

First, I want to thank everyone who posted to this thread, especially for the detailed information without which I don’t how I would have renewed my “retirement” visa earlier today. Here’s my experience:

I selected Suksawat because of the posts saying that it was faster than Ladprao. From entry to exit, it took me exactly 1hr 50min to both renew my visa and obtain a re-rentry permit.

I drove by car from lower Sukhumvit to Suksawat in an hour, and back in 30 minutes. Traffic going there at 1:00 PM was heavy. My driver had no trouble finding the place even though he had never been there before. What I told him was: “Major Hollywood, Suksawat soi 60.”

As others have mentioned, it is a little bit confusing once you arrive, but I simply asked one of the security guards and I was easily directed to the very back of the first floor, through a long corridor of shops and tables filled with goods for sale. Keep walking. You’ll know when you get there as there are lots of people around and it is clearly an immigration office.

Although it looks disorganized and hectic, in fact, it is quite well done and I had no problem in finding each table, window, personnel that I needed.

There are two copy shops on premises and I used the one directly across from immigration. I don’t know about photos.

A sign confirmed that the office is closed 12:30-1:30. Another sign said that it opens at 10:30. I assume that it closes at 6:30 PM per the immigration Web site.

Altogether a better experience than at Cheang Wattana; still, I’m happy that I only need do this once a year.

well described! good infothumbsup.gif

I've just returned from extending my B visa at Ladprao.

10:15 arrive and get queue number 32 (currently serving #11)

12:45 number called.

12:53 Passport gets first set of stamps. Get next queue number waiting to pay the fee.

13:45 number called, fee paid. Return to immigration officer for final review and stamp/signatures.

Then I sped off to Dindaeng to renew the work permit. Managed to get both done in one day.

post-201747-13938337414114_thumb.jpg

I got a visa extension at Major Hollywood today. I got a BTS to Chong Nonsi and then got a taxi to Major Hollywood. When getting a taxi ask for "Soi 60 (in Thai 60 is hok sib) Suksawat. You may go by highway which may incur a fee of 50 baht in addition to your taxi fare which will be around 100 baht. Remember to take photos 4.5 x 6 and a pen to complete your application. It was very busy when I went but well signed. You need to show your form and documents to an officer before you are issued with a queue ticket. It is not air conditioned in there and is crowded, maybe it's different if you go earlier I don't know. I have attached a photo of the place to make it easier for you to find as well. Allow for about an hour. They do have copy and photo services there should you need them.

Sorry if this off topic. wai.gif

But I was just wondering how this closing of CW affects the time needed for getting a new extension based on Marriage. Aren't all the documents from the Immigration offices send to CW for decision making ? Fortunately I still have around 4 months left so I hope by then the situation has returned to normal.

Thanks

Bump or am I wrong in thinking that the extensions of stay applications are send to CW?

:wai:

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

It has been reported as less busy.

I went right after lunch, and was in and out in just a few minutes.

There might be some queue, probably short, if you arrive right at their opening time. But during the rest of the day, everyone's pretty much reported a breeze there.

But I was just wondering how this closing of CW affects the time needed for getting a new extension based on Marriage. Aren't all the documents from the Immigration offices send to CW for decision making ? Fortunately I still have around 4 months left so I hope by then the situation has returned to normal.

Thanks

Bump or am I wrong in thinking that the extensions of stay applications are send to CW?

wai.gif

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I don't think there is anybody working at CW now. The approval will still be done by a higher ranking officer than is normally at a immigration office. I don't know where they have relocated the division 3 office which would be the approving authority for all applications from central Thailand.

• Like 1

Thanks

I did see a queue for reporting for marriage/spouse yesterday at Major Hollywood but I was there for different reasons so didn't investigate further. Maybe best to check it out soon prior to your four months expiring.

Thanks

I did see a queue for reporting for marriage/spouse yesterday at Major Hollywood but I was there for different reasons so didn't investigate further. Maybe best to check it out soon prior to your four months expiring.

Thanks for this, but I am reporting / getting my extension here in Pattaya.

As you maybe know, if you have a extension based on marriage, a copy of the paperwork is send to BKK for approval (unlike retirement, which is handled by the local office) and because CW is closed, I was just wondering if there is a major delay in approvals or not.

:wai:

Sent from my iPad, so please excuse any typos

I went to Major Hollywood Suksawat today. However it can't be found in Apple maps and Google maps take me to wrong location. Some idiot marked Major Hollywood Suksawat in Tha Pra area. In order to go there, I pass from several tollways and had to go in normal roads (traffic in silom area) but if gps location was correct, I could go there in one tollway without traffic.

I wasted 1 hour 45 minutes to go there, thanks to incorrect gps location marker. It was under 45 minutes to go back to my home.

To help you guys, I created a link for google maps, send this to yourself and then you can use google maps with navigation to drive if you wish.

However, there was almost no que at all, I waited like 10-15 minutes but it felt like 5 minutes to me (because only one person in front of me and lack of clear directions cost us lose time but thats not important).

So if you hate to wait in immigration I recommend suksawat. There was also a foreigner sitting next to me, he came for visa extension (not sure what type) and he also did not wait at all, very fast.

http://goo.gl/maps/mTIiI

or

https://maps.google.com/?q=360/7+%E0%B8%AA%E0%B8%B8%E0%B8%82%E0%B8%AA%E0%B8%A7%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%AA%E0%B8%94%E0%B8%B4%E0%B9%8C+Khwaeng+Rat+Burana,+Khet+Rat+Burana,+Krungthep+Mahanakorn+10140&hl=en&gl=tr

As has been previously explained in threads here, the Google Maps reference for Major Hollywood Suksawat points to the wrong location for some reason. That's been previously explained here, and the correct maps and references and traveling directions provided.

Technology like online maps are great. But they shouldn't take the place of good ole' reading and research.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/696226-immigration-services-at-cheang-wattana-now-suspended/?p=7416262

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/700970-90-day-reporting-by-ems-mail-to-chang-wattana-office-closed/?p=7420258

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

What he said.

As has been previously explained in threads here, the Google Maps reference for Major Hollywood Suksawat points to the wrong location for some reason. That's been previously explained here, and the correct maps and references and traveling directions provided.

Technology like online maps are great. But they shouldn't take the place of good ole' reading and research.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/696226-immigration-services-at-cheang-wattana-now-suspended/?p=7416262

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/700970-90-day-reporting-by-ems-mail-to-chang-wattana-office-closed/?p=7420258

Can anyone confirm if CW will still be closed tomorrow 7/3/14?

And if the same 2 temp sites in Lad Phrao and Suksawat will still be operating?

I have to go change my tourist visa to a non-imm B visa there. I did it at CW once before, with no major problems.

Are both temp sites processing applications for this?

Thanks