Immigration services at Cheang Wattana now suspended

Funny ending there! I am surprised that they don't want passport copies but then again, they always mailed mine back to me when I mailed in my reports. Thanks for the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My pleasure the info. I think the difference between passport copies required and no passport copies is whether you mail it in or you present yourself with your passport. If you appear in person they can see at a glance all the information that needs to be copied for a 'mail in'. If you mail in they need to be able to corroborate your info with copies of your passport information.

We got to Major Hollywood Suksawat today in the late morning. It was 85 THB for the cab ride from Wongwian Yai BTS. I had the name and address written in Thai for the cabbie. Even when my tones are pitch perfect since I've started to read Thai, sometimes the fact that I don't look really Thai throws off Thais.

There was no queue for tourist visa extensions. Though it took nearly an hour in all. It's my first time so had been psyched for it taking much longer.

Make sure you also have a photocopy of the entry STAMP as well, not just the T6 immigration white slip. Should have thought of that as bureaucracies the world over love their inconsequential bits of paper. Photocopying wasn't an issue.

"Imperial World" is about as imperial as my hairy arse. It's some crappy little mall at the back of Big C with the world's slowest lift up to the 5th floor. The immigration officials are also painfully slow, although very good-humoured. Horrible traffic jam to get back to MRT Lad Phrao.

Edited by edwardandtubs

"Imperial World" is about as imperial as my hairy arse. It's some crappy little mall at the back of Big C with the world's slowest lift up to the 5th floor. The immigration officials are also painfully slow, although very good-humoured. Horrible traffic jam to get back to MRT Lad Phrao.

I guess it depends on what time you go there. I drove there on Thursday, 23rd, arriving around 1 pm. Did my 90 day report and was in and out in 15 min. and very little traffic driving down Ladprao going to Minburi. I agree the mall is a bit "dated" and when I first entered the Immigration area things looked unorganized. For anyone driving I think it's better to enter the mall via Soi 83. Drive down the soi about 200 m then take the ramps up to the 5th floor.

Edited by Spaniel

I guess it depends on what time you go there. I drove there on Thursday, 23rd, arriving around 1 pm. Did my 90 day report and was in and out in 15 min. and very little traffic driving down Ladprao going to Minburi. I agree the mall is a bit "dated" and when I first entered the Immigration area things looked unorganized. For anyone driving I think it's better to enter the mall via Soi 83. Drive down the soi about 200 m then take the ramps up to the 5th floor.

Thanks for the parking suggestion. Very helpful.

Need a quick understanding of this Visa I just received in Ventianne.

I thought it was a 60 day, double entry visa, that required a stamp at an immigration office in thai, to extend it to 90 days,

but is marked April 22, must re enter kingdom, so, it is very clealy a 90 day Visa?

I believed I was applying for a 60 day Visa, that was renewable, (once) required a stamp after 60 days at a local immigration office, giving me 90 days, and then I would have to renew it, (somehow) to give myself a full 6 months, in country

but this implies I only need crossd a border before April 22, and not do any of the things mentioned above, which seemed crazy, but, nothing to me seems crazy in thailand anymore,

If this is a new style of Visa, perhaps, that explains it?

The date on the visa is the expiry date, you must make both entries before April 22.

You enter Thailand get 60 days, go to immigration and pay 1,900 baht to get another 30 days and leave the country and return to Thailand to get another 60 days and go again to immigration with 1,900 baht for an additional 30 days.

But this second entry must be made before the visa expires, on the 22nd.

• Like 1

ok, I get it now.

I would have "discovered" this upon entry to Thailand tomorrow, but Ventianne is so similar, I forgot I wasn't back in Thailand yet!

thank you for the data,

Steve

The date on the visa is the expiry date, you must make both entries before April 22.

You enter Thailand get 60 days, go to immigration and pay 1,900 baht to get another 30 days and leave the country and return to Thailand to get another 60 days and go again to immigration with 1,900 baht for an additional 30 days.

But this second entry must be made before the visa expires, on the 22nd.

Thanx Spaniel. Does it not close for lunch (same as C/W)?

Most immigration offices want the bank book to be updated on date you apply or as in your case a ATM slip will do.

Can you do the THB100 deposit before the Immigration officer meeting, rather than running off to an ATM in the middle of it. (I worry that the additional THB100 will not tally with the bank's letter of balance.)

Another Hollywood report. Reached Wongwian Yai at 11am, left Hollywood / Immigration office at 12:30. If you take a cab, you should watch for the big Major Hollywood sign on the right, and get off across the street. Note that this is _not_ the "Major Hollywood - Suksawat" Google Maps pin, but rather โรงภาพยนตร์ เมเจอร์ ฮอลลีวูด สาขาสุขสวัสดิ์

http://goo.gl/maps/dsPDq

Did a new-passport transfer and bought a new re-entry visa. As expected, they automatically extended my retirement visa (from last July) to full term without any paperwork other than transfer request. Staff was very nice; way less stressed out than Chaeng Wattana or Suan Phlu ever was.

NB: the re-entry visa counter _does_ apparently close from 12 (or 12:30) to 1:30 -- the clerk told a bunch of other folks who were waiting that they should go get lunch, but was nice to me, and expedited my stamp. Not saying that my being older, speaking Thai, and wearing a necktie had anything to do with it, but ...

On return, took a cab to Chong Nonsi via Bhumiphol Bridge. Same price, and about the same time, as the trip from Wongwian Yai (which is slow because there's construction on the main road).

-- Retiree

Another Hollywood report. Reached Wongwian Yai at 11am, left Hollywood / Immigration office at 12:30. If you take a cab, you should watch for the big Major Hollywood sign on the right, and get off across the street. Note that this is _not_ the "Major Hollywood - Suksawat" Google Maps pin, but rather โรงภาพยนตร์ เมเจอร์ ฮอลลีวูด สาขาสุขสวัสดิ์

Is the building you show in this Google photo the one that houses the Immigration office?

Is the building you show in this Google photo the one that houses the Immigration office?

Is this the building where the Suksawat temporary immigration office is?

post-36039-0-44024700-1391488563_thumb.p

Thanks. I was hoping that CW Imm might be opened today, but it would appear only the first building "A", which does not house IMM. However, the monk is negotiating, so maybe by tomorrow he will have devined the (correct) answer. Perhaps a bit of defrocking might make him make up his mind.

I'm at Major H. now and it's been pretty much a breeze getting thru my 90 day, change of addy, and for good measure getting a re-entry permit. Personnel are VERY nice and the re-entry permit is the only thing that took an extra 10 minutes or so getting the stamp for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yep. Just head to the back, (parking lot) and enter thru the backdoor.

Everything is clearly marked and it was pretty dang easy.

BTW, the lady at the 90 day window said she is hoping that CW reopens soon and was sincere about that.

Thanks, and the photo I showed, (from Google) is the correct building?

Will go over next week to do my 90 day [probationary] report.

Edited by emanphoto

There was one new requirement I have not heard of before. In addition to the bank letter I provided, and my bank account passbook, I was required to go to a nearby ATM, make a withdrawal (100 baht was suggested), and then bring the ATM transaction slip (showing my account balance), plus a copy of same back to the counter. No problem, and easily done, but passbook, letter and now this as well?

When you got your bank book updated, did it show a transaction on that day? Even if your book is updated on the day you go to Immigration, if there was no transaction that day they may insist on you doing something (e. g. withdrawal) so they can see an entry and new balance for that very day. Doesn't seem to make any sense but they asked me for that too. So it's good to always make a withdrawal at an ATM immediately before getting your book updated on the day you apply.

----------------------

In Chaengwattana the banks were/are downstairs on floor 1.

So they nay ask you to go and make a 100 Baht deposit or withdrawal.

That way the date/time and amount of your balance are stamped into your passbook and the immigration can make a copy of that entry and outline the date/time/balance of that entry.

That goes with your paperwork and shows exactly what your balance was at the time you applied for the extension.

This is often done for initial marriage or retirement applications.

Some immigration officers like to use this procedure, some don't.

In my initial retirement application, I was asked to do this, but for my 3 renewals they haven't asked me again, just accepted my embassy income letter.

What's the status of the CW complex? I drove around the detour on Tuesday and it appeared they were busy taking down all the tires and sandbags but when I drove to DMK on Wednesday the highway in front of the building was still closed. I heard that the government offices were supposed to be reopened on 3 Feb, now it's the 7th. Would should I expect when I return? Where is the definitive source of which offices are reopened? I need to go back to the ministry of foreign affairs and CW is much closer for me than Central Bang Na.

Sorry if this off topic. wai.gif

But I was just wondering how this closing of CW affects the time needed for getting a new extension based on Marriage. Aren't all the documents from the Immigration offices send to CW for decision making ? Fortunately I still have around 4 months left so I hope by then the situation has returned to normal.

Thanks