Immigration services at Cheang Wattana now suspended

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from Major Hollywood for an extension for my tourist visa.

Timed the journey wrong and got there just as they went off for lunch so had an hour wait to get my ticket. There were only about 5 people ahead of me waiting for a ticket.

Then it took about an hour to be seen and get my passport back as the lady on the tourist visa wasn't seeing anyone to begin with.

The other counters for non-imm O and 90 day reporting were going down quickly though.

There isn't much to do in Major Hollywood apart from get a massage and eat some grim looking food.

But they have lots of photo and copy shops in there and its very quick to get to from Silom/Rama III area in a taxi on the highway.

Thanks for all the advice and help.

I inadvertently drove past Immigration at Chaeng Wattana yesterday. Was heading to a function at Laksi and exited the 2nd stage expressway to head east up CW Rd because for some reason I had in my mind that the blockade was almost gone. However this is not the case.

Though there aren't big crowds there the blockade is still firmly in place with market vendors and PDRC guards. All the traffic that would normally traverse CW Rd is diverted through the government complex in a giant uturn so the traffic through there is nose to tail.

Even if CW Immigration were to re-open, getting there wouldn't be fun. I wouldn't hold my breath.

• Like 1

Just been to Suksawad, Major Hollywood yesterday (11th) to get an extension from my tourist 60 days visa.

Went there about 11am, left the place by 11.45.

I asked, thanks to recomendations from UbonJoe here on TV, for a 60 days extension as married to a Thai wife.

It went quite smoothly, just had some troubles with the 1st lady at the counter who checked our papers and pieces, as she wanted to discard our appartment rental contract in Bkk, cause it was 1st established for 3 months so ending end of next month... Even if 6 months was also added on it... (They didn't care at all about the TabianBaan copy maybe as it wasn't from a house in Bkk)

Finally after some discussion she gave up and told us "Ok you'll check that at the counter..."

Then at the final counter, no problem at all, the lady only focused on the wedding certificate (the original) and my passport (which was brand new so she started to ask why my passport number wasn't the same as on the wedding certif ) rolleyes.gif

So I had to explain I just made it new a few months ago while we married 3y ago.. "OOhh Ok!"clap2.gif Anyway...

Then payment and done !

Note that she told me I could 1st ask for a 30 days extension as any other tourist in Thailand.

Then I could come back within these 30 days to ask for a 60 days more as visiting spouse ...!!!

I've learnt to be quite prudent while in here so didn't know if she was really right as I never heard about that...

I didn't want to come back next month just to hear "sorry Sir you already have had 30 days..."

and just proceed with the 1st 60 days ext.

Anyway I've already planned to go to Laos in june to get a 2nd tourist visa.

That was just my short feedback from getting an extension to visa in Major Hollywood office...

And I would like to thank UbonJoe again for his precious help early this week !!

Glad it all worked out.

There have been reports of people getting the 30 day extension then the 60 day one but not all offices will do it that way.

Why get a tourist visa. Make a trip to Savannakhet and get a multiple entry non-o based upon marriage that will give you 90 day entries for a year. They don't ask for any financial proof.

• Like 1

You mean that they won't check for a 400000TB deposit ? wow strange...

Well, I'll see that in June. If indeed there's still no ask for financial proof, it could be awesome.

Things change sometimes quickly in regards of these visa things...

Happy Songkran Joe !

You mean that they won't check for a 400000TB deposit ? wow strange...

Well, I'll see that in June. If indeed there's still no ask for financial proof, it could be awesome.

Things change sometimes quickly in regards of these visa things...

Happy Songkran Joe !

As of today they do not ask for financial proof. It has been that way for some time now.

Just check back here to confirm there have been no changes but I don't expect there will be.

Even a single entry non-o is a good option because you can get almost 5 months without leaving the country by getting the 60 extension added to the 90 day entry it gives you.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It is not open.

As I wrote in my previous post this topic will be a pinned topic until it opens. If you see this topic at the top of this forum page it is still closed.

I think the first post should be edited to include these words or something like "This topic will remain open and pinned until the offices officially reopen. if the topic is still open, then the main offices are closed.

Of course lock it once the office is confirmed open for a couple of days.

• Like 1

1) From people's experience of doing Extension of Stay at Major Hollywood, is it better to go in the morning, or after lunch. I need to do E of S, plus Re-entry, plus 90 day report.

2) As a matter of interest can I do my 90 day report whilst I'm waiting to be called for my E of S? (Will the fact that my current E of S expires within 10 days affect the 90 day report?)

3) Also, I placed my THB800k in my savings account on 10 February. Will it be sufficiently seasoned on 9 May? (Is it 90 days or 3 months?) I'm getting ansty with all the likely shenanigans in the next few weeks and wondering whether I should try and go on Friday 9th, rather than my scheduled 15 May. Any advice?

4) Is there a Krungsri ATM/Passbook update machine at Major Hollywood?

Thanks for your help.

1) From people's experience of doing Extension of Stay at Major Hollywood, is it better to go in the morning, or after lunch. I need to do E of S, plus Re-entry, plus 90 day report.

2) As a matter of interest can I do my 90 day report whilst I'm waiting to be called for my E of S? (Will the fact that my current E of S expires within 10 days affect the 90 day report?)

3) Also, I placed my THB800k in my savings account on 10 February. Will it be sufficiently seasoned on 9 May? (Is it 90 days or 3 months?) I'm getting ansty with all the likely shenanigans in the next few weeks and wondering whether I should try and go on Friday 9th, rather than my scheduled 15 May. Any advice?

4) Is there a Krungsri ATM/Passbook update machine at Major Hollywood?

Thanks for your help.

1. Late morning or in the afternoon is good. The have lunch 12:30 to 1:30.

2. You should be able to do the 90 day report while you wait. It will depend on how busy they are..No problem with the 10 days remaining.

3. It is 3 months. Immigration is closed on the 9th and so you will need to wait till Monday. They are closed again on Tuesday the 13th.

4, Can't help

The certification is done at consular affairs office of the MFA. Immigration offices do not do it.

The current temporary office for certifications is located in the Esplanade shopping center. Easiest way to get the certification done is to pay the translation service to do it for you.

I hope this doesn't include mailing in my 90 day report as I just sent that in today!

The date on my receipt is Feb 6 so I'm plenty early, but I just saw a Richard Barrow Tweet RE: this same announcement about actually going to CW. I live in BKK so CW is where I send my reports to under normal circumstances.

Can you explain what you mailed as I thought I would have to visit Immigration every 90 days?

Major Hollywood deal with triple entry tourist visa 30 day extensions ok ?

Have a friend who wants extend his current second entry & possibly in future his final 3rd entry too.

Wondering if this still an easily provided service concidering ongoing changes & tempory offices ?

Edited by BuckBee

Fiesty there are instructions on TV for mailing in your 90 reports BUT, because of some people messing up CW, do not follow those instructions till notified here.

UbonJoe is keeping tabs on things and will post here in this thread when CW is open again, as that is where you mail the 90 reports to, saving a wasteful trip to Major Hollywood or CW, or wherever to do a 3 minute exchange of papers. From what I've read here, MH is the better place to go, but then you may live closer to the other sites and get along fine there.

RE: my 90 day I mailed

Since mine was sent right before those jerks closed off CW, it could not be delivered, and even if it could have been delivered, no one could get into the CW facility to do the work. Hence I had to go to Major Hollywood to do the 90 day. It worked out OK as I needed to renew my ext of stay anyway and took care of those plus a re-entry permit.

People at MH are nice and it's never been crowded the 2 times I've been there. Be sure to follow this topic for answers and updates.

I hope this doesn't include mailing in my 90 day report as I just sent that in today!

The date on my receipt is Feb 6 so I'm plenty early, but I just saw a Richard Barrow Tweet RE: this same announcement about actually going to CW. I live in BKK so CW is where I send my reports to under normal circumstances.

Can you explain what you mailed as I thought I would have to visit Immigration every 90 days?

Just completed my first Extension of Stay at Major Hollywood Suksawad and thought it might be of interest to others due shortly. That, plus 90 day report, plus Re-entry permit was completed in 2 hours. Arrived just before 1.30 pm, (the place did not appear to have closed for lunch). Did the Extension of Stay first, and whilst waiting did the 90 day report. E of S took about 40 minutes, 90 day report about 10 minutes, and Re-entry about 30 minutes. All very satisfactory. Getting there took 20 minutes from Sathorn and about the same coming back, (avoiding Narathiwat crossing).

I had previously asked if there was a Krungsri bank at Major Hollywood - there is not. So instead we went to our branch at All Seasons this morning and picked up the letter as well as depositing THB100 (to show a transaction on the day - not possible to do at Major Hollywood), and had the passbook updated.

The IMM is very hot - does not appear to be any aircon working, and the large fans are inadequate. When you first get your ticket for E of S they ask you to complete a "Statement" (regarding where you live), and a further paper declaring something else, (I forget). Tried to get blank copies so that they could be uploaded for future visits, and to avoid the rush of completing it there, but the girl was absent when I went back to get them. Anyway, it appears part of the ritual. Once you have completed, she checks your papers and so the process is a little more streamlined when you present them at the counter.

So door to door it's a more (time) favourable experience than Cheangwattana, which was about 5 hours I think. Perhaps we'll still be doing them at Major Hollywood next May?!

Fiesty there are instructions on TV for mailing in your 90 reports BUT, because of some people messing up CW, do not follow those instructions till notified here.

UbonJoe is keeping tabs on things and will post here in this thread when CW is open again, as that is where you mail the 90 reports to, saving a wasteful trip to Major Hollywood or CW, or wherever to do a 3 minute exchange of papers. From what I've read here, MH is the better place to go, but then you may live closer to the other sites and get along fine there.

Since mine was sent right before those jerks closed off CW, it could not be delivered, and even if it could have been delivered, no one could get into the CW facility to do the work. Hence I had to go to Major Hollywood to do the 90 day. It worked out OK as I needed to renew my ext of stay anyway and took care of those plus a re-entry permit.

FWIW, I had a 90-day report due middle May. So I decided to take a small chance, based on member reports here, and instead of traveling to MH as I did for the prior one, I returned this time to my normal habit of mailing mine into Chaeng Wattana at the end of April via EMS.

EMS tracking shows it was successfully delivered to someone and signed for the very next day at Laksi. No "undeliverable" or "failed delivery" notations like some folks got much earlier in the protests process.

I haven't received my return receipt in the mail as yet from Immigration. But since my actual due date was just a couple days ago, even normally, I wouldn't be expecting the receipt back in the mail for another week or two.

That's interesting TallGuy as I was one of those people w/the EMS "enroute" or waiting message.

Let us know if your receipt ever makes it back to you. If it doesn't, be sure to bring the EMS receipt with you when you have to get the 90 day in person as they wanted that knowing i had already sent in my paperwork.

FWIW, I had a 90-day report due middle May. So I decided to take a small chance, based on member reports here, and instead of traveling to MH as I did for the prior one, I returned this time to my normal habit of mailing mine into Chaeng Wattana at the end of April via EMS.

EMS tracking shows it was successfully delivered to someone and signed for the very next day at Laksi. No "undeliverable" or "failed delivery" notations like some folks got much earlier in the protests process.

I haven't received my return receipt in the mail as yet from Immigration. But since my actual due date was just a couple days ago, even normally, I wouldn't be expecting the receipt back in the mail for another week or two.

Eman, I remember when we had a prior exchange when you had your prior problem with the mailed-in 90-day report. That was some time ago, and that was part of the reason I went in person to MH three months back.

This time, the reason I decided to take a chance on mailing in now is because I've seen several posts here lately of others who've mailed to CW and did receive their return receipts, though perhaps a month after mailing. So that gave me at least enough confidence to give a shot at mailing in, once again.

I'd say the prompt delivery and acceptance for my mailing is a good sign. So now I'll wait and see how long before the return receipt arrives.

• Like 1

Went to major Hollywood for tourist visa extension at around 3pm on Friday. You go in to the right into a shitty looking building continue through to the back and you will see the immigration windows. Slightly past there on the left is a lady doing photocopies and finger printing if you need that. Opposite are some desks, one has a sign saying "90 days" I think, I filled in the 30 day tm7 form and was directed to window A6 but when I got there a woman said "no staff" so I took a seat and waited. After about 15 minutes someone came and waved to me. I handed over my passport, form and fee and after 9 minutes got my passport back. I was the only whitey, maybe that's why no staff. All other windows inc 90 days had staff.

On Google maps it shows a Tops but I couldn't find it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app