Immigration services at Cheang Wattana now suspended

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's interesting... thanks for that report.

The last time I went to Major Hollywood, I too took BTS to Chong Nonsi (and taxi from there) from my home in the Asoke area, figuring that was the best route.

I never would have thought taking a taxi direct from the Asoke area to Klong Toey via Rama II would be faster... Might also depend on the time of day and avoiding the morning or afternoon commute rush hours.

• Like 1

Major Hollywood @ Suksawat .. Thursday 27th March (11:15am) I went for a 30 day extension (Form DM7). The office looked very busy, but I was in and out within 16 minutes. I live just 5 minutes away from Chaeng Wattana, so the journey to Suksawat was a pain, but I was very impressed with the service at Immigration .. Well Done.

• Like 1

FWIW, there was a news article the other day about the newly reinstated (Abhisit era) National Security Chief going to meet with the CW Buddha asking him to allow the reopening of the NSC office at CW.

The answer from the CW Buddha, according to the NSC chief in the news report, was that he wasn't opposed to allowing the reopening, but that wasn't something he was willing to talk about now, so it would have to be something for the future.

Unfortunately, that makes is sound like -- barring some unexpected change -- no one's going anywhere at CW Immigration anytime soon.

Thought I'd ask this here rather than start a new thread.

I'm flying out to Japan from Swampy on Monday night around 10 pm. Is the 24 hour desk still there for me to get a re-entry permit? I'd rather just go earlier and get it done there rather than drive down the congested lad prao road in this heat.

Answers from google are from a year ago. And knowing how things are in Thailand I thought I'd just double check

I'm flying out to Japan from Swampy on Monday night around 10 pm. Is the 24 hour desk still there for me to get a re-entry permit? I'd rather just go earlier and get it done there rather than drive down the congested lad prao road in this heat.

Answers from google are from a year ago. And knowing how things are in Thailand I thought I'd just double check

Yes it is still there.

• Like 1

Yes it is still there.

Cheers! That saves me baking in the sun today to get down the forever congested Lad Prao road biggrin.png

Actually was there yesterday for a re entry permit and was in & out in an hour. Not too bad. A few weeks ago my 90 days took me 3 minutes!! I went both times in the late afternoon. Much less crowded.

I would recommend that if you want a small service (ie not extension and the like), I would go about 4-5pm.

Copies are available at both locations.

But to save time it is best do the copies before you go.

yes, of course, but if you want a re-entry visa the same day you need to submit a photocopy of your newly extended visa.

Copies are available at both locations.

But to save time it is best do the copies before you go.

yes, of course, but if you want a re-entry visa the same day you need to submit a photocopy of your newly extended visa.

I always purchase a new re-entry permit at the same time I do my annual retirement extension.

But at CW, I've never had to mess around with photocopies of my new retirement extension. I just fill out the re-entry permit application form at home in advance, and then write in the new extension permit info on the re-entry form before I submit it.

Obviously, Immigration takes your passport, and can see the new extension of stay stamp when you then/subsequently give them your passport for the re-entry permit.

• 2 weeks later...

Joe, as you probably saw in the news today, Suthep was claiming that they were going to allow government workers back into all government facilities except for Government House and the Interior Ministry.

Unfortunately, that doesn't necessarily shed any light on what the infamous monk and his supporters will do out at Chaeng Wattana, since they're seeming to operate somewhat on their own.

As has been discussed in another topic it will be several days after immigration has access to the office before they will reopen.

I think the earliest would be after Songkran and more than likely the week after.

As has been discussed in another topic it will be several days after immigration has access to the office before they will reopen.

I think the earliest would be after Songkran and more than likely the week after.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Been at Nontaburi immigration for six hours today to cancel work permit. What a crap place.

Why did you go to immigration to cancel a work permit ? smile.png