NBTC: Thaicom satellite signals disturbed

webfact

NBTC: Thaicom satellite signals disturbed
By English News

13896077016611.jpg

BANGKOK, Jan 13 - Thailand's National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC) secretary-general said today that signals from the Thaicom satellite have been disturbed, causing low streaming quality on televisions, possibly countrywide.

Thakorn Tantasit, secretary-general, said on Monday his organisation has sent out mobile units to check mobile phone and satellite frequencies during the Bangkok shutdown today by anti-government protesters of the People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC).

Following Thaicom's report that its frequencies have been disturbed, resulting in low TV streaming quality, Mr Thakorn said NBTC will resend mobile units of its 14 offices nationwide to recheck the Thaicom satellites and search for the sources of disturbances.

He admitted that the monitoring will be difficult to conduct, for the frequency disturbances were done at different locations. Those found guilty for such acts will face imprisonment of as many as five years.

Regarding phone signals in local communities, the signals were normal at 95 per cent both for phone calls and internet use.

NBTC reported that mobile phone operators -- AIS, DTAC, True, CAT Telecom and TOT -- had expanded their phone signal channels, as previously asked by NBTC, to support the intensity of use at protest areas. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-01-13

causing low streaming quality on televisions, possibly countrywide.

Will anyone notice?

Yes exactly...Thailand has possibly some of the worst ISPs....and many wouldn't notice.

If they have been self jamming ..(highly likely, although we'll never know).....then they have the ethics of Soi dogs......!!

Another act of treason by the anti government thugs.

At least they didn't try to sell the satellite slot to a foreign power on the sly.

Now that would have been treason.

Oh dear. Read "the book" and see who who the "foreign powers" were that invested in it...

"Those found guilty for such acts will face imprisonment of as many as five years."

Yeah right. Unless they are Suthep and the anti-gov protesters, they are above the Law and the Constitution. They can commit any crime they want. They have approval of the highest order and I aint gonna be the one to arrest them because that's way to high for my arse and I will only be risking my life. No thank you.

how do they know its protesters doing this and its just not a technical problem ?....if a person was going to mess with telecoms systems, they would knock them out completely, not decrease the "quality" of the signal, doesnt make sense....except to the red shirted members of TV, who see Suthep around every corner...

At least they didn't try to sell the satellite slot to a foreign power on the sly.

You consider Singapore a foreigner power???? What a joke.

Edited by Nowhereman60

"Those found guilty for such acts will face imprisonment of as many as five years."

Yeah right. Unless they are Suthep and the anti-gov protesters, they are above the Law and the Constitution. They can commit any crime they want. They have approval of the highest order and I aint gonna be the one to arrest them because that's way to high for my arse and I will only be risking my life. No thank you.

Why derail this thread with childish nonsense? Go away

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Well, if my wife can't view her Soap shows I pity Suthep because she will hunt him down and hurt him bad. You don't pee on Superman's cape or mess with my wife's Soap shows.

If Thai soaps are interrupted, it will trigger a real revolution

Exactly! Soaps disturbed?

If that would be the fact I would have heard from my wife.

That would be the start of the civil war biggrin.png

And to me the whole news is quite big nonsense.

How can one disturb a satellite signal "possibly nationwide" from the ground level.

What a BS.

4 GHz or 11 GHz signals could be disturbed in a very short range using jammers on the ground.

But nationwide: trash.

The solar storm is over (regarding to the news), so anyone to give a plausible explanation for these disturbances?

Edited by KhunBENQ

What is this nonsense? Bringing in another unrelated incident into this topic. Really dumb. That's like a criminal hoping to reduce his sentence at a plea bargain by arguing along the lines that at least i'm not a child molestor i just rob people not rape young kids like that would reduce the severity of his crime. That's the same type of logic you are employing here.

how do they know its protesters doing this and its just not a technical problem ?....if a person was going to mess with telecoms systems, they would knock them out completely, not decrease the "quality" of the signal, doesnt make sense....except to the red shirted members of TV, who see Suthep around every corner...

TV is became unreadable. Because all red, yellow, black, white make speculations and then insult each other.

Look at topics this morning. Who shoot this morning at bar? RED SHIRTS!

Who disrupt signal? YELLOW SHIRTS!

Grow up guys!

Blaming the anti government protesters doesn't make sense. All schools, shops, restaurants and assorted businesses in the south seem to be tuned into the Bluesky channel from morning to night.

I'd be happy if it was jammed as I'm sick to death of the ranting monologues but my wife puts it on in the morning and back on when she gets home from school.

Can you guess which channel is on in their office? Jammed by the anti government mob? No chance.

This article doesn't make any sense at all. The satelites themselves are way beyond human interference. Not even the kamnan himself could manage that one despite his recent superhuman award. Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You are a bit wrong there... you'd be surprised how easy it is.

You may need to invest about $4000 in second hand kit off ebay and could deploy it from the relative safety of Africa if you wanted.

You consider Singapore a foreigner power???? What a joke.

What do you consider them then Einstein? A benevolent fellow Chinese ran wealthier neighbour?

• Like 1