Police lie low as protesters occupy Bangkok

webfact

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like this headline. The police, as members of one of the world's largest mafia organizations, spends

all its time plucking money from the average Thai person. That is why the Thai people hate them

so much. So now with so many Thai people united, the police are afraid to go near them, much

like the actions of a school yard bully. Advance when fear is shown, and retreat when shown power.

But actually the police should grow a pair, because if Suthep takes over, I think one of the first

things he will do is strip the police of their mind boggling power, ( ever wonder why immigration

officials wear police uniforms ? ) and stop their corruption and leeching of Thailand.

Not to defent the Police, but when one speaks about Suther doing this and that as if is guaranteed fact, without even being Thai and much less have an idea about anything, should focus on the subject of his own avatar instead.

Reread my post...

"because if Suthep takes over"..... So nothing is certain. Suthep could be in jail next week.

Regarding your opinion of me not having an idea about anything, that is a bit odd. I will consider

the source and not take offense. I have closely followed Thai news for 14 years here, and feel

I know a bit about Thailand. Perhaps even more than an Isan farmer who never watches the news.....

But you are right on one level, " Thainess" will always escape me, but I am ok with that....

This thread and Bangkok are so quiet I could hear Suthep drop his game plan.

This thread documents the beginning of the end.

Where are all the TVF rabble-rousers?

They're still partying at the other threads which presently are more fun. However, as I read the other threads, the advocates of the feudal council and no more democracy are tiring and resorting to one or two-line potshot posts rather than arguing in defense of the indefensible. It was bound to happen.

I am concerned though that Suthep & Co are getting desperate and feel it's time to sharpen their knives.

Edited by Publicus

Yes, it is the DEM's PDRC. The DEM said if they lose in parliament they will fight in the streets. All their MPs resigned but did not form another group but joined the PDRC and resigned MPs went on stage inciting the overthrowing of people elected government, don't pay taxes, stop works, threatened to cut water and electricity supply, occupying of state buildings and threatening medias and individuals if they don't follow their orders. Have they formed another group that is peaceful without issuing threats daily?

Actually the protests are led by the Peoples Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) and supported by the opposition Democrat party, which is boycotting the poll.

Yingluck yesterday proposed a meeting of the government, the PDRC and Democrats, as well as representatives of the courts and business, to discuss the Electoral Commissions proposal to postpone the election for one month. But former deputy Democrat leader Suthep Thaugsuban, who leads the PDRC, rejected the offer. He told protesters at Pathumwan intersection: We will shut down the city. We will do it all day and we will do it every day until we win No negotiations. No compromise.

So ?

Mr Suthep is clearly a reasonable man and an honourable man, as has been said in other circumstances. I'm sure some of you could give chapter and verse.whistling.gif

On the one hand they (police/admin) play it very smart atm , but on the other i doubt they 'just watch and report'. All the intelligence collected will be used and we gonna see it soon... this is a police state, doesnt matter who is on charge; just watch out, blood will be spelled as it seems we are crossing the rubicon soon!

Well played Yingluck. Continue this and the rank and file will get bored. ..as many Bangkokians are. Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Nothing but respect for the way Yingluck has handled this mob. Due worldwide respect is being shown to this government. Removing all chance of confrontation. Back to you Suthep...how you going to kick it off now

Please provide evidence of any notable organization, government or leading politician or diplomat that has shown respect or praise directly to Yingluck and the other minions.

Not all the comments urging peaceful solutions, democracy or other generalizations but ones specifically showing respect to Yingluck.

I like this headline. The police, as members of one of the world's largest mafia organizations, spends

all its time plucking money from the average Thai person. That is why the Thai people hate them

so much. So now with so many Thai people united, the police are afraid to go near them, much

like the actions of a school yard bully. Advance when fear is shown, and retreat when shown power.

But actually the police should grow a pair, because if Suthep takes over, I think one of the first

things he will do is strip the police of their mind boggling power, ( ever wonder why immigration

officials wear police uniforms ? ) and stop their corruption and leeching of Thailand.

He may well strip the police of powers. Hasn't he said that his gangs will take over the duties of the police, you know, the ones who beat the sh*t out of that taxi driver near Don Muang a couple of weeks back? Sort of reminds me of the SA in Germany in the 20s and 30s.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

He may well strip the police of powers. Hasn't he said that his gangs will take over the duties of the police, you know, the ones who beat the sh*t out of that taxi driver near Don Muang a couple of weeks back? Sort of reminds me of the SA in Germany in the 20s and 30s.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Well played Yingluck. Continue this and the rank and file will get bored. ..as many Bangkokians are.

Indeed, while the orders are naturally coming from Thaksin and the rest of the PTP elite, they are intelligently and peacefully painting Suthep into a corner. Without clashes with police and/or violence there can be no real justification for a coup.

However that being said the game of political chess is far from over, the real threat is the people of Bangkok clashing with protesters to remove them after their presence and effect on daily life simply becomes intolerable. The people of Bangkok charged with wrath over not being able to live their daily lives could be a very dangerous thing for both Suthep and Yingluck. On one hand the potential violence could be justification for a coup, however on the other hand a prolonged shutdown of Bangkok will slowly erode Suthep's and the Democrats credibility/political capital.

The political situation is ripe for a moderate off shoot of the democrat party to sweep in and become the political champion of the disenfranchised Bangkok residents but also former PTP supporters who lost faith in the PTP after the amnesty bill farce.

Why do people keep going on and bloody on about Sutheb wanting a coup ? He has publicly stated that he doesn't want one and I believe him. Can you stop stating your opinion as fact when it is utter bs please ?

Yes, it is the DEM's PDRC. The DEM said if they lose in parliament they will fight in the streets. All their MPs resigned but did not form another group but joined the PDRC and resigned MPs went on stage inciting the overthrowing of people elected government, don't pay taxes, stop works, threatened to cut water and electricity supply, occupying of state buildings and threatening medias and individuals if they don't follow their orders. Have they formed another group that is peaceful without issuing threats daily?

Actually the protests are led by the Peoples Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) and supported by the opposition Democrat party, which is boycotting the poll.

Yingluck yesterday proposed a meeting of the government, the PDRC and Democrats, as well as representatives of the courts and business, to discuss the Electoral Commissions proposal to postpone the election for one month. But former deputy Democrat leader Suthep Thaugsuban, who leads the PDRC, rejected the offer. He told protesters at Pathumwan intersection: We will shut down the city. We will do it all day and we will do it every day until we win No negotiations. No compromise.

So ?

Mr Suthep is clearly a reasonable man and an honourable man, as has been said in other circumstances. I'm sure some of you could give chapter and verse.whistling.gif

The discussion was on whether we have Democrat party AND PDRC, or PDRC as part of Democrat party.

A discussion on Suthep's character would be out of that scope. Mind you yesterday at Victory Monument I saw for sale black shirts with Suthep on them which did upset my stomach somewhat.

Reread my post...

"because if Suthep takes over"..... So nothing is certain. Suthep could be in jail next week.

Regarding your opinion of me not having an idea about anything, that is a bit odd. I will consider

the source and not take offense. I have closely followed Thai news for 14 years here, and feel

I know a bit about Thailand. Perhaps even more than an Isan farmer who never watches the news.....

But you are right on one level, " Thainess" will always escape me, but I am ok with that....

Make no mistake, associating Suther even hipotetically with a positive change, and the reference to Issan farmers makes very clear what is the side you keep for. At that point better to say openely you support that person and and his follower.

Why do people keep going on and bloody on about Sutheb wanting a coup ? He has publicly stated that he doesn't want one and I believe him. Can you stop stating your opinion as fact when it is utter bs please ?

Please tells us on which basis you believe a Thai politician, a dangerous one indeed ?

We all need to believe in something, maybe your wisdom can help.