Farmers plan protests against the government for rice payments

Lite Beer

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope Yingluck has packed her desert clothes

Have you ever been to Dubai? It's the most pampered place you can imagine crawling with the world's richest hi-sos living in air conditioned luxury and not a red shirt in sight.

Where else would you expect any champion of the poor to lead his troops from against those millions of elitist hordes from Bangkok and beyond. smile.png

Its a bunch of buildings in the desert.

Everything is the colour of sand

In many ways its like Singapore with everything new and the old character gone

Good hotels, interesting functional monument for desalination. Been up the Burj.

Almost never see any locals. Indians and Philippinos do the grunt work

Give me Cairo any day

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Why are they complaining?

They are going to get paid on the 31st!

Anyway.....please vote for PTP in the next elections.........you are not stupid after all.

O.K. Mr. Crystal Ball.

Since you know so much.

When am I going to get paid my 2250b./rai for 25 rai that the gov.t promised me and I saw for one month only ?

Yea, vote for them if you want liars as your representatives.

Gotta love "true" democracy........thumbsup.gif

I think that there was more than a hint of sarcasm contained in his comment!!

Will these people ever wise up?

I think this article implies that in fact they have. The thing is have PT wised up to that fact yet?

They've woken up to the fact that PTP are a bunch of lying, manipulative crooks. That's all fine and dandy, but what is really needed is for them to wake up to why and how populist policies like the Rice Scam are disastrous to the country and to themselves; if not Thailand will continue in a cycle of ill thought and damaging vote buying schemes.

In other words, they need to be switched-on enough to see what a boondoggle a scheme like this was from the very beginning, not only when the funds dry out two and a half years and hundreds of billions lost later.

• Like 1

Economists, scientists, businessmen, judges, lawyers, professors, engineers, social workers, doctors, public servants, consumer advocates, unions, students, tax payers, teachers, academics and now the rice farmers are starting to see the PT for what they truly are. The rice scheme was a great success apparently according to the fanboys. Then they went from 1st to 3rd place rice exporter. Rice farmers didn't care. Fanboys didn't. The PTP never do any wrong. The rest did. Now the money has stopped and the rice farmers are perking up. Stand in line boys. There are many many people before you with grievances as well. When your undemocratic and demagoguery is your poison then expect the current situation to rear its dictatorial head about 2.5 years after coming into power. The day that the Shinawatra's can run a respectable democratic govt will be the day that they tell the truth about the rice scheme. The way things are going the only supporters of the PTP will be about 9 falangs on TV. whistling.gif

Nine ? I thought there were only 2 or 3, posting under a number of false monikers ! clap2.gif

• Like 1

This protest proved the farmers need the rice scheme. The rice scheme was sabotaged and obstacles laid to make it difficult to operate and delayed the result. The farmers should instead help the government in rooting up the unscrupulous traders, politicians, irregularities and oppositions of the scheme etc to make the scheme continue to bear fruit of their labor. If the farmers are unhappy with the rice scheme, they can vote the PTP out and bring in the DEM who opposed the scheme. The DEM who made many promises during election campaign but never fulfill them in full.

Rice farming is a business; like any other it should allow market forces decide who succeeds and fails so that the inefficient and incompetent will move to a more remunerative occupation. Instead,

That is a viewpoint from an capitalistic extreme. Capitalism has many failings. It is not a system that works in all markets.

In this case, we actually need to eat food, and all around the world, farmers are given handouts to do that. US, Europe, Africa - everywhere.

Giving farmers handouts is not the issue. Giving farmers $20 and a bunch of non-producing leeches $80 is the problem.

The argument of using subsidies to guarantee a food supply is even more damaging to this evil scheme (I don't use the adjective evil lightly). The way Thaksin envisioned it it would had pushed up global prices of rice, and perhaps benefit from some natural catastrophe to give it a little extra push.

Thanks goodness it didn't work (not that there was any chance of that), there's enough hunger in the world as it is now without amoral scum in positions of power driving up the price of staple foods for their own political and financial ends.

Paying just before the Feb 2 election could be a nice move. Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Is it easy to transfer money from Dubai to Thailand??

easy enough .. they do have a whole airline after all which is owned (and mismanaged) by the Thai Ministry of Finance, The exact same people milking... sorry running the rice scheme.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_Airways#Management_issues

same airline were Thaksins daughters take over 150kg for a six day trip to London. I could understand the shoppers BRINGING it back, but taking !!!!!

Paying just before the Feb 2 election could be a nice move. Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

easy enough .. they do have a whole airline after all which is owned (and mismanaged) by the Thai Ministry of Finance, The exact same people milking... sorry running the rice scheme.

same airline were Thaksins daughters take over 150kg for a six day trip to London. I could understand the shoppers BRINGING it back, but taking !!!!!

They must have had new outfits for every hour of the day!!!

How much is 100 kg in 1000 THB notes?

London is expensive nowadays...

Surely wasn't rice

Yes, but for some it's even easier to transfer it the other way. wink.png

Nice one!!!

The question about transferring money Dubai- Bkk was obviously a loaded one. The poster must have been disappointed at the lack of people jumping on the obvious opposite implied!!!!

Not really!!

I found the idea of money travelling both ways amusing.

Anyway.....please vote for PTP in the next elections.........you are not stupid after all.

O.K. Mr. Crystal Ball.

Since you know so much.

When am I going to get paid my 2250b./rai for 25 rai that the gov.t promised me and I saw for one month only ?

P.S.We are rubber farmers if'n ya hadn't figured that out.........wai.gif

Ditto. As far as I know, nobody is being paid the rubber money. And rubber prices continue to be weak.

We DID get one month.

I believe it was 2 or 3 months ago.

Then, as usual, all bets off.

Gotta luv'm..........xsaai.gif.pagespeed.ic.vG7ALsuRa-.webp

O.K. Mr. Crystal Ball.

Since you know so much.

It does indeed seem to be the case clap2.gif

O.K. Mr. Crystal Ball.

Since you know so much.

It does indeed seem to be the case clap2.gif

Now you I do sympathise with as you were obviously not one of those duped!!! Good to see you admit your mistake as well!!thumbsup.gif.