CAPO orders probe into arrest of Navy SEAL troopers near protest site

webfact

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How about this possibility. Suthep has really gone rogue and is out of the control. No one controls him any longer and he is acting on his own. The team has been dispatched to 'silence' him before any real damage is done.There are number of possibilities. We can only guess and speculate. There are also watermelon soldiers. Maybe they tipped the police off. Who knows? This is Thailand.

My guess is they were on an operation to ambush attackers of the various protest sights that have been taking place in recent days, most likely requested by Suthep and deployed by the military without police or government knowing as it is very likely they cannot trust either with such covert deployment information

I believe the nightly armed assaults have ceased

Yes, so covertly that a "in-plain-sight" police checkpoint they get caught with all their weapons. They did themselves a favor by being caught, otherwise they might have hurt themselves.

How could seals get arrested by the keystone cops? Could you even contemplate USA seals getting arrested, hahahahaha. I thought seals were the best of the best?

Yes, we can imagine US seals getting arrested and quaking in their boots. because if they don't have air or ground backup, then they run around like headless chickens, hahahaha

Edited by Mampara

Silencers, this sounds like an execution squad...

This isn't The Sopranos

Citing landdestroyer.blogspot.com:

"Dec 1, 2013 - Meanwhile, Thaksin Shinawatra's secret "black shirt" force of provocateurs, mostly made up of navy SEALS and marines, is back on the streets ."

Citing landdestroyer.blogspot.com:

will just leave you exposed to seriously deserved ridicule.

Land Destroyers source for this is Andrew MacGregor Marshall.

It has been widely reported.

And the admiral came to get them out?

Is the navy in league with Thaksin in your view then?

If an admiral can supply them with a paper claiming they are on a drug enforcement mission, I don't find it surprising, he defends them (and himself).

I know nothing about how many admirals, that would support Thaksin (or government) with this action, only know what Andrew MacGregor Marshall reported.

The government should set a higher salary for these seals, soldiers and whatnot so that they wouldn't become crooked and do anything for money. Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

they would still be crooked - just with more money! giggle.gif

And the admiral came to get them out?

Is the navy in league with Thaksin in your view then?

If an admiral can supply them with a paper claiming they are on a drug enforcement mission, I don't find it surprising, he defends them (and himself).

I know nothing about how many admirals, that would support Thaksin (or government) with this action, only know what Andrew MacGregor Marshall reported.

I think Marshall may have been basing that on the fact that the men in black in 2010 contained Navy SEALs. But the command of this unit has changed hands since then apparently. I still apply the commonsense logic that if they were on the Govt side, there wouldn't be any arrest or photoshoot or publication of their names. The misunderstanding would've been made clear pretty quickly and they would've been quietly released. But commonsense is often wrong so who knows... there's also a possibility it was ordered by someone on the govt side but not known by CAPO, just as it's possible that it could've been ordered by someone on the protesters side but be unknown to most protesters/leaders. Have to wait and see if more comes out.

Thai navy on official drug investigation, yeah right. Isn't that the job of the bib? Sent from my GT-I9200 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Drug use and trafficking is not uncommon in military ranks. It's investigation, arrest and prosecution comes under the purview of military police and justice, and penalties are often harsher than for civilians.

Am assuming they were related somehow to the Anti-govt protest outside the US Embassy. It is the only reason I can see why they would be there, but this picture is way too confused for me to read any meaning into, neither reason nor outcome make any sense at all. Plus the fact that they are pros, if they were actually engaged in an op you wouldn't know about it.

These Elite Thai Navy SEAL units operate on many fronts here in Thailand. They are very low profile and providea invaluable services we never hear about. These guys were just in the wrong place at the wrong time, let the law take it's course, they were on a sanctioned mission and released to continue thier mission.

The Thai Navy SEAL are among the best trained elite units in the world, that why you don't hera about them. They are just there when needed.

I must be behind the times -- I hadn't realised that the Network of Students and People for the Reform of Thailand now has the authority to send well-armed undercover Navy Seals round the place looking for drugs.

I'd always thought their orders came from the Ministry of Defence rather than from a collection of students.

Quite right, and who is the caretaker Defence Minister, I wonder ? whistling.gif

This news needs to be investigated, and the truth revealed, about just what was going on, but probably won't be.

Are these one source of the nightly attacks on the anti-government protesters, were they sent to try to deter those attacks & on whose orders, were they freelancing & at whose behest, the whole thing smells, but I'm not sure of what.

Edited by Ricardo

Probably was...just Thai style...leave the brains at home.....carry all the gear in a pick-up.....get picked up by none less that the RPT.....pretty smart navy SEALs?.....I don't think so.....

Or smart cops who did not buy the "drug operation" story.

Smart Thai cops? Now there's an Oxymoron.

the three suspects drove in a pickup truck with fake license plate but official vehicle. The trio claimed that they were on a narcotics investigation mission and they have the special VIP cards of the NSPR because they needed to have special access to the area to carry on their mission.

Has Phua Thai started selling drugs now to be able to pay the marching rice farmers?

huge-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif

Maybe they were looking for counterfeit whistles. 1zgarz5.gif.pagespeed.ce.GJfs_tQOQ-.gif

Thailand has navy seals? what for? they are about as effective as the aircraft carrier in sattihip that hasn't been underway for years!

Baan Saray Naval Training base.............been training there since the seventiescoffee1.gif

The government should set a higher salary for these seals, soldiers and whatnot so that they wouldn't become crooked and do anything for money. Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

'crooked' should only be referred to the govt. you mean the Seals are aware whom they should protect ie the people against the corrupt!

the three suspects drove in a pickup truck with fake license plate but official vehicle. The trio claimed that they were on a narcotics investigation mission and they have the special VIP cards of the NSPR because they needed to have special access to the area to carry on their mission.

Has Phua Thai started selling drugs now to be able to pay the marching rice farmers?

Pheua Thai couldn't be so stupid to sell drugs in the protest site, they would be caught by the anti-protestor guard, got beaten up and their goods confiscated by those guards.

Could be the PDRC leader started selling drugs to finance the marching anti-government protester.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...