Hong Kong raises travel alert for Bangkok to black

webfact

Hong Kong raises travel alert for Bangkok to black

1-22-2014-10-52-53-AM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Hong Kong Special Administration Region Government yesterday raised the outbound travel alert for Bangkok to “black”, the highest travel warning.

But the travel alert for other parts of Thailand remains at amber.

A HK government spokesman said that residents were urged to avoid all travel to Thailand (Bangkok).

He said that for those who have already been there, they should attend to their personal safety and avoid protests and large gatherings of people.

The Security Bureau will continue to monitor the situation, he said.

Hong Kong travelers are among Thailand’s largest group of tourists with more than 600,000 trips to the country last year.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/hong-kong-raises-travel-alert-bangkok-black/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-01-22

Bangkok on a par with Syria, I don't hope so!

As the matter of fact it is !

What most people don't know is that over the long years of rule of Assads Syria was indeed one of the safest, and friendliest places on earth ! Theft and assault were almost unheard of !

All it took is a bunch of "democracy freaks" ...

A huge lesson to learn for all the Thai lovers, who are convinced in friendliness, and peacefulness of Thais

• Like 2

What most people don't know is that over the long years of rule of Assads Syria was indeed one of the safest, and friendliest places on earth ! Theft and assault were almost unheard of !

A huge lesson to learn for all the Thai lovers, who are convinced in friendliness, and peacefulness of Thais

Democracy freaks? In Syria you have several Islamist forces fighting against each other. None of which are very democratic. Compared to them, Thai people are extremely friendly and peaceful.

Have you read the news lately ? does 11000 ring a bell??

Why is the whole of Philippines on HK's warning list? Something I'm unaware of?
All I know is the problems around Mindanao and especially on Basilan island (where I think no-one are planing their holiday except perhaps Bin-Ladin fans..). But a part from that I can't see what's so bad there? Sure, there's thefts, and Metro Manila doesn't feel as safe as Bkk (one part may be all the guards outside every single shop with huge rifles..) But if Thailand only get a warning for Bangkok I can't see why the rest of Luzon etc. Like Baguio and similar are exempted from the black list in Phils? Loads of Korean tourists there all the time. Are HK folks way more protective than then S.K people?

EDIT - (ahh, completely forgot the typhoon. My bad)

Edited by banglassie

All I know is the problems around Mindanao and especially on Basilan island (where I think no-one are planing their holiday except perhaps Bin-Ladin fans..). But a part from that I can't see what's so bad there? Sure, there's thefts, and Metro Manila doesn't feel as safe as Bkk (one part may be all the guards outside every single shop with huge rifles..) But if Thailand only get a warning for Bangkok I can't see why the rest of Luzon etc. Like Baguio and similar are exempted from the black list in Phils? Loads of Korean tourists there all the time. Are HK folks way more protective than then S.K people?

The bus hijack where the chinese tourists got killed.

The bus hijack where the chinese tourists got killed.

That's it. The bus hijack.

Edited by nottocus

Why is HKG saying don't travel to the Phillipines?

I can understand why they'd say that for Bangkok, although personally i would still go.

The bus hijacking were tourists from Hong Kong were killed. The Hong Kong officials felt

the negotiations were poorly handled and after the compensation paid to the victims

families was not sufficient. In all likelihood Philippines will be left on this list indefinitely.

Purely political. sad.png

Have you read the news lately ? does 11000 ring a bell??

The 16000 extra judicial killings under Taksins anti-drug campaign is a figure to be remembered.