Ok, loaded question! How in my face in the sex problems in Thailand?

kanela

Read this..........

Posted Today, 07:47

Woman arrested
The Nation January 27, 2014 1:00 am
Provincial Police Region 5 officers arrested a 21-year-old woman early yesterday morning for procuring eight girls aged 14-18 for prostitution at a downtown Chiang Mai City hotel.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/699661-woman-arrested-sex-for-minors/#entry7350807

mm A bit hypocritical of you when you have posted on the web before about being in very dodgy bars in Surin in the soi next to the Tong Tarin hotel. You mentioned girls of very questionable age offering services in the bar, did you report this to the Police at the time?

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

if you go trying to chat to pretty young thai girls outside of bar zones, big problems surely will be in your face very very quickly, of that you can be sure.

in what way ? any thais ive encountered in public have been polite and many of the hot chicks are well educated

and will switch to english if they see your thai is not very good for conversation .......

i actually prefer meeting women that dont do the bar scene in other locations

yes correct this is the official line of BS propagated through this site.

I suspect you have had a failed relationship with a ladyboy and feel some resentment. Do not fear, there will be many more ladyboys to come and you will find your eternal love some day.

The rest of us will continue to live in reality.

Have a nice day

kanela, on 27 Jan 2014 - 08:39, said:
WitawatWatawit, on 27 Jan 2014 - 08:36, said:

You've obviously been brainwashed by the stories you've read and docos you've seen. I can assure you there is not a go-go bar on every corner (just 7/11s). Many expat families live here without seeing much sign of the sex industry, so don't be naive.

LOL... actually I am going by what I have read on this forum.

cheesy.gif Somewhere, sometime, someplace we will all make mistakes. At least you have recognized one of yours, and admitted to it...........wink.png

Not sure where you are from Kanela, but you would probably be surprised at the size of the sex industry in your home country. One of the big drawbacks of the media is that it recognizes the bad stories/scandal sells more copies than the good, one of the major reasons why Thailand has the reputation that it has. Another reason is the girls/guys & in-betweens.............rolleyes.gif

This is not to say that it doesn't happen/isn't here................thumbsup.gif

If I may ask, where do you plan to live if you are intending to move to Thailand? It may help others point out the more promiscuous areas in that region.

BTW, I was only joking with the reference to ThaiVisa as being a dodgy source of information, it is a very informative site. Sometimes the members comment in jest.

if you go trying to chat to pretty young thai girls outside of bar zones, big problems surely will be in your face very very quickly, of that you can be sure.

in what way ? any thais ive encountered in public have been polite and many of the hot chicks are well educated

and will switch to english if they see your thai is not very good for conversation .......

i actually prefer meeting women that dont do the bar scene in other locations

are you some kind of pervert that can only talk to prostitutes in bars ?

whats wrong with the regular girls ? whistling.gif

If you have taken care of yourself and you are in shape and have a strong marriage there is little to worry about. On the other hand, if you are a pain in the as- and left yourself go this may be the end of your relationship. It is a man's world in Thailand and just about any man can find a much younger and sharply Thai lady to keep them company. I would say that many men who would otherwise never cheat will end up doing so in Thailand. It is just too easy and the selection of candy in the candy store is too big.

If you can look the other way and not worry about what your husband is doing it just might set a new spark in your relationship. He will be dreaming of the lovely Thai bird when taking care of your needs.

This I am sure not what you want to hear but I think it is on target with what goes on here.

Good luck !

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

I don't think it matters if she's kept herself in shape or not; didn't stop Ashley Cole cheating on his wife, Cheryl (how smoking hot is she?) with a strumpet from a West End nightclub, did it?

Men just like variety and if they can get it without being caught, most of them will take it.

This notwithstanding, there are lots of TV members who claim to be faithful although married to pretty unremarkable, splay-toed local women.

If they can keep it in their trousers, why can't the OP's husband?

Surely you should come over for a look before deciding to move. That would seem logical.

No, you will not even notice the sex industry.

The OP won't notice the sex industry, but her husband will.

It's not obvious, it's not in your face, but it's everywhere.

Young women are available, and they will let your husband know they are available.

• Like 1

I don't think it matters if she's kept herself in shape or not; didn't stop Ashley Cole cheating on his wife, Cheryl (how smoking hot is she?) with a strumpet from a West End nightclub, did it?

Men just like variety and if they can get it without being caught, most of them will take it.

I quite agree with your last statement. Many men in the west will cheat with women who are often times less attractive than their wives/GF. Hugh Grant is a good example, but there are many others. Some guys just want/need to be with someone different.

And in Thailand, that someone different is often a young, hardbody.

Well I don't know about you but whenever I see an older gent with a local woman who's clearly his wife/GF in places like Big C or Tesco, invariably she is anything but young, hard-bodied and attractive.

As someone else said, if these men are describing these local women as "beautiful", <deleted> were they knocking boots with back home??

• Like 1

Well I don't know about you but whenever I see an older gent with a local woman who's clearly his wife/GF in places like Big C or Tesco, invariably she is anything but young, hard-bodied and attractive.

As someone else said, if these men are describing these local women as "beautiful", <deleted> were they knocking boots with back home??

Think you should compare it to the state the guy is in.

All the women I had relationships with, in Thailand, where attractive when I met them.

How attractive they would have been after 10 years, maybe not.

The one I was married to in the UK, wasn't so hot after 30 years, but looked OK when she was 19.

I am a happily married man in Chiang Mai.

Almost impossible to stay faithful to my wife as I get offers all the time (at least one at random every month).

Only last week, I smiled at a young woman in my local coffee bar.

As I left she pulled up alongside me in a big 4x4, wound her window down, and said get in ..... yes, I was tempted.

Edited by FiftyTwo
  • Like 1

All the women I had relationships with, in Thailand, where attractive when I met them.

The one I was married to in the UK, wasn't so hot after 30 years, but looked OK when she was 19.

Almost impossible to stay faithful to my wife as I get offers all the time (at least one at random every month).

As I left she pulled up alongside me in a big 4x4, wound her window down, and said get in ..... yes, I was tempted.

Then you woke up................laugh.png

and realized he was pushing 70. oops!

I see local older Thai guys with attractive young women all the time. I don't know why you wouldn't see them?

Edited by thailiketoo
  • Like 2

Then you woke up................laugh.png

I'm guessing you don't look as good as me TA (and oog).

I see local older Thai guys with attractive young women all the time. I don't know why you wouldn't see them?

So do I but I'm not stupid enough to believe that older Thai men and older Western men are fishing in same waters.

Are you?

KANELA im not sure where you will want to live in thailand but if you moved to kanchanaburi there wont be a problem for you, there is absoulutly no sex industry in that province whatsoever, however you might find the people are particually unfriendly in that province

Well, here's the perspective of an married retired woman living in Chiang Mai. If the OP has to ask about this, then (I'm sorry to say) she's got reason to be concerned. I have to assume she's done some traveling or else she wouldn't be retiring to Chiang Mai. Everywhere in the world, the sex trade is confined to geographically defined parts of town. Nowhere is the entire country one big brothel. She's got to know this.

As has been pointed out -- it's not the sex workers who are a concern -- it's the friendly cashier at the coffee shop, the lady in the condo office, yes, even the lady who does your laundry. They'd all like a "sponsor" and who better to sponsor them than that nice, new arrival -- your husband. If you suspect your husband "played around" with a co-workers before he retired, but had the good sense to keep it from you, then he's going to have a lot more time to engage in his favorite hobby now that he's retired. And, unfortunately, his money is going to be worth much, much more in Thailand, which will make him much more appealing to women much more attractive than Doris in Accounting -- remember her? The one who was past her sell-by date, wore too much make-up and clothes that were way too tight and revealing , but always laughed at your husband's jokes at the company parties.

It's time to have a really frank talk with Hubby. As for me and my Hubby, you simply can't deny a man all the beauty and flirting here. My "rule" is a firm "look but don't touch rule". I don't mind him going out with friends once or twice a month to look at everything on display. I have other friends with a "don't ask, don't tell rule" who don't mind their Hubby's having a mia noi. Personally, I don't think our finances could handle that and Hubby says he doesn't want that much drama in his life. Instead he just listens to his friends try to manage their wives and mia nois. Yes, it's a challenge.

Edited by NancyL
  • Like 2

And, unfortunately, his money is going to be worth much, much more in Thailand, which will make him much more appealing to women much more attractive than Doris in Accounting -- remember her? The one who was past her sell-by date, wore too much make-up and clothes that were way too tight and revealing , but always laughed at your husband's jokes at the company parties.

Jesus!

Is this what happened to you with your husband?

w00t.gif

Edited by HardenedSoul

KANELA im not sure where you will want to live in thailand but if you moved to kanchanaburi there wont be a problem for you, there is absoulutly no sex industry in that province whatsoever, however you might find the people are particually unfriendly in that province

Really ? There's sex industry everywhere in Thailand just it's only openly visible in tourist areas as Thai men won't be seen with hookers in public and really can't understand why farangs do.

Whether it's a local karaoke bar, hairdressers, massage place fronting as a clean massage place or the golf course, it is everywhere but kept out of sight.

• Like 1

To the OP:

On behalf of the expat community in Thailand I apologize for the crude manner in which you are being informed of the situation here.

However I'm afraid to say the substance of what they are saying is very true.

If a friend or relative of mine was asking me about travelling to Thailand with their male partner, I would strongly advise against it.

Only if you are 100% sure of his overwhelmingly strong love for you AND his very strong self-discipline, or if he is one of those few guys just not that interested in sex should you consider it.

And even then, keep him on a very short leash, maybe have a detective follow him around a few days per month, etc.

Unless of course you're open to an open marriage arrangement - the opportunities for you to fool around are certainly here as well, but IMO not quite as interesting.

Really ? There's sex industry everywhere in Thailand just it's only openly visible in tourist areas as Thai men won't be seen with hookers in public and really can't understand why farangs do.

Whether it's a local karaoke bar, hairdressers, massage place fronting as a clean massage place or the golf course, it is everywhere but kept out of sight.

Ya, like the wives don't know what the Christmas tree lights or the curtains in the parking mean.cheesy.gif

• Like 1

Paul Newman was asked about how he kept his marriage healthy. He said why go out for hamburger when you have steak at home. The problem here is that after eating steak everyday for years, one tends to crave a juicy hamburger.

By the way, I think the op is a troll.

Edited by BillyBobThai
  • Like 1

Not quite accurate...the sector of the sex industry that caters to Thai men is EVERYWHERE, every province, every "market town"...it's WAY bigger than the farang-oriented sector, which is only in a very few places. The difference is, as an outsider clearly knowing nothing about Thai society, the OP will not know the Thai sector of the sex industry when she sees it...but make no mistake, it's there.

Ya, like the wives don't know what the Christmas tree lights or the curtains in the parking mean.cheesy.gif

Thai wives do, farang wives don't.