Election Over, Result Out By '23 February'

Lite Beer

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Vote results in: 70% gained by China water authority, as rice farmers were retold in 6 months they will be rich, again. They fell for it, yet again, and believe in the China water authority. Shame really, because if suk dee had sucked well he'd not have accepted the bribe.

And on the 23rd what makes them think that they will be able to vote then? Different date = more blockades, more obstruction, more violence etc etc. What on earth do they think will be different? Just count the votes and be done with it.

Do you ever think when you post.

89% ok.. So next time all the resouces will be poured into the few areas where voting did not take place.

Yingluk is in power do obstruting it does not get them out, nor does a coup nor Junta.

EC are in charge and it up to them to organise it so they'll have to seek solutions!!! NOT the Governement job to do this and not their problem. If they have 6 months to decide if Yingluks ballot paper is in the wrong box (EC staff told her quite clearly which on so EC at fault here) Let Thailand spend more millions of tax payers money trying to get the Government out.

Seems no end of money available for trumped up and rig court cases. Pity the Elites didn't throw some of this into project that move the country forward rather than regaining power. People might vote for them that way.

In caretaker mode they only have the mob and the Judicial coup to fight. As they are restriced in what they can do, it makes their life easier.... They don't need all those agencies open and can set about moving office and bases further North if req.

Today with over 89% voting with not problems, prove, Bangkok is NOT Thailand and the idiots on the picnic are welcome to live in the city that is closed down.

I can see no pics of the 6 million picnicers by the way. Just another of Sutheps final days, final decisive battle and topped it with a picnic to block every single road in Bangkok. FAIL and in full public view

89% voted?

Well that would leave just 9% that supported Suthep and his fascist, reactionary thugs.

Oh the irony clap2.gif

BTW...where is Herr Suthep? awefully quiet today whistling.gif

Leaving aside the mathematical error I think you may be getting over excited. I suspect a lot of those protesting don't support Suthep other than in wanting to get rid of the PTP and more importantly corruption. They may have posted no votes or gone for other parties.

• Like 2

What if Thaksin had farang in him? If I'm not mistaken the last military imposed Prime Minister was born in the UK., or so I'm led to believe, to diplomatic parent/s. He must be substantially cleaner than Thaksin, but then I suppose so is the Mafia. It's sad when miss-guided, uneducated people do not understand why Thaksin promised the rural poor all the things he did just to get elected in the first place, they were his licence to plunder the countries assets. They say that a military imposed Prime Minister is undemocratic, which is true, but at least he had some moral backbone, unlike the "Democratically elected" plunderer, who now has to run the country from Dubai. So what's democratic about him telling his little sister how to run the country and to get an amnesty bill through parliament, so that the he can get back into Thailand to take up where he left off. If it was my country, I'd rather have a clean military imposed leader, even though not so called democratically elected, than a democratically elected DICTATOR! We've seen this all before in South American countries, where once elected these sort of phariahs think that gives them permission to rule the people and not SERVE THE PEOPLE, which is what true democracy is supposed to be about. Love of your country and serving your fellow countrymen and women, not your own greedy power hungry agenda. Thailand, like all the other corrupt countries, past and present will get to an acceptable true democracy one day, but until the likes of the past corrupt system is eradicated in the minds of the people, it will be business as usual. Corruption, Corruption and more Corrruption. Sad that the masses of Thai people, whether they wear Red or any other colour do not realise that their country and standard of living is going nowhere with the likes of these people in charge. Thaksin bought Man.C football club. His motive was only to try to give legitimacy to try to use the UK., as a bolt hole if necessary. Thankfully the authorities in the UK., saw straight through this and after he was a convicted felon, denied him the right of a visa to stay in the UK. He thought he could use the UK., the same as he could buy his way into popularity with the Thai people. Maybe he thought all countries behaved the same way as he did/does.

Unfortunately they let him in now as far as I know. Not sure on what basis though.

Up here in the N.E Mrs.Trans and her son went to vote. The station was closed................coffee1.gif

She obviously went after 3pm because it was all open in the North and North East.

A great victory for Thai people and Democracy today

The 2 February election is over, but the Thais have to wait until at least 23 February to learn the outcome of the poll.

RT2p_pichayada: The counting of ballot cards has started in Udon Thani. Although the stronghold of govt, many people have voted for no party.

RT@tulsathit: A glimpse of Bkk results: A count in Chatuchak shows 67 votes for PT and 48 abstentions. via @chavarong

It must be 23 February already

They had the votes in Udon Thani counted at 6pm last night.................. coffee1.gif 3 million voters - soe how they had 3.2 million votes - wonder how>>??

• Like 1

And on the 23rd what makes them think that they will be able to vote then? Different date = more blockades, more obstruction, more violence etc etc. What on earth do they think will be different? Just count the votes and be done with it.

89% ok.. So next time all the resouces will be poured into the few areas where voting did not take place.

Yingluk is in power do obstruting it does not get them out, nor does a coup nor Junta.

EC are in charge and it up to them to organise it so they'll have to seek solutions!!! NOT the Governement job to do this and not their problem. If they have 6 months to decide if Yingluks ballot paper is in the wrong box (EC staff told her quite clearly which on so EC at fault here) Let Thailand spend more millions of tax payers money trying to get the Government out.

Seems no end of money available for trumped up and rig court cases. Pity the Elites didn't throw some of this into project that move the country forward rather than regaining power. People might vote for them that way.

In caretaker mode they only have the mob and the Judicial coup to fight. As they are restriced in what they can do, it makes their life easier.... They don't need all those agencies open and can set about moving office and bases further North if req.

Today with over 89% voting with not problems, prove, Bangkok is NOT Thailand and the idiots on the picnic are welcome to live in the city that is closed down.

I can see no pics of the 6 million picnicers by the way. Just another of Sutheps final days, final decisive battle and topped it with a picnic to block every single road in Bangkok. FAIL and in full public view

89% voted?

Well that would leave just 9% that supported Suthep and his fascist, reactionary thugs.

Oh the irony clap2.gif

Leaving aside the mathematical error I think you may be getting over excited. I suspect a lot of those protesting don't support Suthep other than in wanting to get rid of the PTP and more importantly corruption. They may have posted no votes or gone for other parties.

Wow it didn't take long for you lot to start disowning Suthep!

What if Thaksin had farang in him? If I'm not mistaken the last military imposed Prime Minister was born in the UK., or so I'm led to believe, to diplomatic parent/s. He must be substantially cleaner than Thaksin, but then I suppose so is the Mafia. It's sad when miss-guided, uneducated people do not understand why Thaksin promised the rural poor all the things he did just to get elected in the first place, they were his licence to plunder the countries assets. They say that a military imposed Prime Minister is undemocratic, which is true, but at least he had some moral backbone, unlike the "Democratically elected" plunderer, who now has to run the country from Dubai. So what's democratic about him telling his little sister how to run the country and to get an amnesty bill through parliament, so that the he can get back into Thailand to take up where he left off. If it was my country, I'd rather have a clean military imposed leader, even though not so called democratically elected, than a democratically elected DICTATOR! We've seen this all before in South American countries, where once elected these sort of phariahs think that gives them permission to rule the people and not SERVE THE PEOPLE, which is what true democracy is supposed to be about. Love of your country and serving your fellow countrymen and women, not your own greedy power hungry agenda. Thailand, like all the other corrupt countries, past and present will get to an acceptable true democracy one day, but until the likes of the past corrupt system is eradicated in the minds of the people, it will be business as usual. Corruption, Corruption and more Corrruption. Sad that the masses of Thai people, whether they wear Red or any other colour do not realise that their country and standard of living is going nowhere with the likes of these people in charge. Thaksin bought Man.C football club. His motive was only to try to give legitimacy to try to use the UK., as a bolt hole if necessary. Thankfully the authorities in the UK., saw straight through this and after he was a convicted felon, denied him the right of a visa to stay in the UK. He thought he could use the UK., the same as he could buy his way into popularity with the Thai people. Maybe he thought all countries behaved the same way as he did/does.

And breathe....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

That is now 12 peole i know who have gone to polling stations around Bangkok and Pattaya to find their vote has already been cast - hahaha!!!!!!!! Thai democracy!!!!!!!!

Are you saying that they weren't allowed to vote as the system already had them casting their votes earlier in the day? OR they weren't registered to vote at those locations due to some error?

That is now 12 peole i know who have gone to polling stations around Bangkok and Pattaya to find their vote has already been cast - hahaha!!!!!!!! Thai democracy!!!!!!!!

Well, if you are Thai as you claim, it is then after all your country, your system and your fellow men/women. How does it feel to be the laughing stock of not just the first world but even of the third world?

• Like 1

So, do we have yet another D day from Suthep and cohorts?

I've heard through the grapevine that he's still recovering from the news that Yingluck put her vote in the wrong box

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Pity she didn't decide to wear a "Respect My Vote " teeshirt

the 2 Feb 2014 snap election was planned and held nationwide. Some provinces and districts could not have their election because of thugs blocking the registration centers and prior to election day prevented the distribution of ballot boxes and papers. Therefore new election date has to be scheduled for these affected places according to the election laws under the constitution.

EC Commissioners should know the law very well. I can't blame them if they don't. After all they are new and under pressure, manipulation and maneuvering of the DEM and it PDRC/PCAD. I hope they learn and be better Commissioners of EC and don't let democracy suffer.

Ec commision is clearly corrupt....

When will the unpaid rice farmers see the color of their money I wonder?

It is a foregone conclusion that Red party preferred candidates will hold power but - wouldn't it be funny if some whacky no hoper party got up and nbeat ol Yingluck so she was relelgated to the back benches and some other nut case was PM.

How wonderful that would be to the THAKSON supportive fools

Ah, we are getting there.

Yes, I agree, it would be great. Thailand needs more parties independent of both sides or it will never leave this cycle.

IF elected.. brilliant, if through mob violence No chance.

One thing I read today was that Thai Society is waking up to the facts that you can riot, commit crimes and fire guns in the street with imputity if you have the right connections. Some are fearing a more general break down in law and order as people lose respect for Gov agencies, Police and Courts.

Whilst the Police have always been known to be corrupt, that the Courts all chose to behave in the same way and try it on with a Judicial Coup, just leads the country downhill. NACC Chairman in a moment of madness in front of reporters said today, "I'll sort the problem out, I'll get her out on therice scheme charge" Luckily it found it's way onto Pantip and Twitter... more problems for the Dems side!!!

Lot of these old judges just not up to speed on social media and hand held phones are they. Much better when they could just write a little note to the army, telling them who to get rid of.

Third hand theories are now outed as BS we saw quite clearly yesterday that it was PDRC armed and on the streets. NOt to protect themselves, but to stop voters releasing the ballot papers.

One thing I read today was that Thai Society is waking up to the facts that you can riot, commit crimes and fire guns in the street with imputity if you have the right connections. Some are fearing a more general break down in law and order as people lose respect for Gov agencies, Police and Courts.

Where did you read that "Truth Today"? Does that include 2010? Whats "imputity" and shouldnt you be in bed its 6pm!!

the 2 Feb 2014 snap election was planned and held nationwide. Some provinces and districts could not have their election because of thugs blocking the registration centers and prior to election day prevented the distribution of ballot boxes and papers. Therefore new election date has to be scheduled for these affected places according to the election laws under the constitution.

EC Commissioners should know the law very well. I can't blame them if they don't. After all they are new and under pressure, manipulation and maneuvering of the DEM and it PDRC/PCAD. I hope they learn and be better Commissioners of EC and don't let democracy suffer.

clearly...........as is anyone who opposes Thaksin Shinawatra!!

They're a bunch of pathetic cowards... 'nough said...

89% voted?

Oh the irony clap2.gif

Wow it didn't take long for you lot to start disowning Suthep!

It obviously didn't take you long to think up that post either as you're assuming I support Suthep, which I don't apart from as mentioned in my post. I first voiced my dislike of him on here just before the last elections when he was DPM.

If you ever needed an example of how the election are held in banana republic look not further than the one today. So many irregularities and illegal actions. The election is already a failure and only people with vested interest could claim that this joke of an election was legitimate and transparent. It would not stand anywhere in the western world. Actually, it would not take place anywhere in the western world because of the circumstances under which was held.

Anywhere else the election authorities would ensure that the election was held, and the police and army would stop thugs from disrupting it. Here the election authority is actively seeking to undermine the process, the army or at least its leadership is siding with the thugs who are disrupting it, and the police are not allowed to prevent this disruption.

The difference between Thailand and "anywhere else" is that the people want a vote, the previous elected government wants a vote, but the establishment doesn't.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by JAG

90 million voting cards were printed - but only 60 million can actually vote.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Actually, there are only a little over 30 million eligible voters nationwide, if my memory serves me right.

So, I wonder how those 60 million "spare" voting cards will be used. Marked in during toilsome nights by PT members and their families to make the election results "right", perhaps? Just kidding.

If you don't understand what I am saying, then don't quote me. I clearly said, what do they think will be different on the 23rd? It will be the same events as last week and again today.

Unfortunately they let him in now as far as I know. Not sure on what basis though.

Democracy is not THE SYSTEM that can solve all corruptions and its related problems. It has its imperfection and challenges, just like any system of government.

Election, which is a part of Democracy, is about electing a party to form a Government to benefit the people and the Country. Campaigning on the popular ‘anti-corruption’ platform only feed corruption. In fact, I think it is to further corrupt practices.

People who are concerned about their ‘bread and butter’ or ‘rice and somtam’ cannot and have no capacity to think beyond their basic needs. People will vote for policies that benefit them and will continue to be so even after their basic needs are met. However, it will be harder for unscrupulous politicians, officials and businesses to practice corruption. After basis needs are met, people will move to the next level and awaken to their political, social and judicial rights, duties and responsibilities.

TRT or Thaksin was the first political party in Thailand that fulfilled all their election promises. TRT went on to be the first party in Thai history to complete full term and was elected again with even more seats. The problem is he does not know how to manage his success. His popularity and various reform initiatives threatened the ‘old elite’ power base and he under estimated their power. He was not inclusive and in fact in a hurry to fight corruption related problems which gave the ‘old elites’ no room to breathe and adjust themselves.

The more his haters and fearers talk about corruption, abused of power and try to eradicate him from Thai politics or total existence, the more he is loved and become more popular and his “power base’ think he is a persecuted person because of his political and business success.

A country that consistently and persistently practice democracy despite its imperfection will see its people progress and prosper.

Without having to be arrogant, I am saying here that I see that in TRT as the beginning. I don’t see that in any other political party.

It is easy to get rid of dictatorship but not democracy when people beginning to be aware of their political, social and judicial rights, duties and responsibilities.

RT@teamkorn Apparently YL's vote is now invalid, she put her ballot in the wrong box (orange party list ballot goes in other box) pic.twitter.com/T5o3GLUt0I

BfdXLiuCUAE2bKd.jpg

We all knew the PM isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, but this cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Another honest mistake. That family has its fair of bad luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

The caretaker government's first job once the anti government crowds have returned home will be dealing with the irate rice farmers

The protesters aren't looking like returning home just yet.

Sent from my phone ...

• Like 1

In caretaker mode they only have the mob and the Judicial coup to fight. As they are restriced in what they

can do, it makes their life easier.... They don't need all those agencies open and can set about moving office and bases further North if req.

Agreed. All good points. If the Elites, their ilk and the invisible third hand had spent the time and resources winning the hearts and minds of the electorate perhaps they would have a more sustainable outcome. The only problem with this theory is this. When a size able proportion of your group don't believe in universal suffrage then you have trouble. It is ironic that the PRDC portray themselves as pro-democracy. It seems they are selective. If you are from the right family or are connected then it seems you may get to vote. Otherwise, get back to the rice fields. The PRDC now have to realize that winning at the ballot box is where it counts. Adapt or move to Switzerland.

• Like 1

The caretaker government's first job once the anti government crowds have returned home will be dealing with the irate rice farmers

The protesters aren't looking like returning home just yet.

Sent from my phone ...

I guess we will see when the dust settles a bit tomorrow