MISSING mail any ideas ?

jcgodber

MISSING mail

Does anyone know how to have mail sent to Thailand from America tracked?

OK ! I have lived here in rural Thailand (Sa Kaeo) for many years. To keep mail from going "adrift " I have a Post office box.

I also know NOT to have anything sent to me via FedEx or DHL. I have had a family friend wrap anything that resembled a credit card in a magazine or the like. I recently had 2 small boxes of Starbucks individual sachets ( about 10 or 12 in all) removed from their boxes and placed into a small bubble wrap mailer, marked NO VALUE and sent via U.S. Postal Service . I have been waiting now more than 7 weeks for what should have taken 8 to 10 days.

even if I have something sent EXPRESS MAIL it can only be tracked to where it leaves the U.S.

This is only one of many, many mailings that disappeared.

IS tracking possible?

We use EMS when we have to but it is expensive. Cost me nearly ฿1000.- to send a document to Switzerland, but it got there. Same in the other direction, my family use EMS.

However, I have heard that even tracking won't do you much good, stuff can disappear in Bangkok, what do you do then?

We use EMS when we have to but it is expensive. Cost me nearly ฿1000.- to send a document to Switzerland, but it got there. Same in the other direction, my family use EMS.

However, I have heard that even tracking won't do you much good, stuff can disappear in Bangkok, what do you do then?

if you pay a bit extra ,you can insure your post as well from loss or damage and if its registered they can see from the tracking number

how far it got and where it was stolen @

I know the feeling, there are those that claim it never happens but it does and I have suffered from it many times. Registered post works but even then it can be signed for by anyone else, from Australia I get it sent by speed post and from the US priority mail, both seem to arrive ok but overall it is a big hit and miss situation, good luck.

Don't know about the US. But from the UK we have Royal Mail International Re-direction. Hugely expensive, too,

£130 or so for 6 months. Most of it never arrives. Guys in the PO in the UK have a detailed record of what they have sent. Who knows where it goes to!EMS from LOS to the UK is also expensive c.900B for a letter, but it does arrive in 4 days. Anything sent by DHL and UPS is a disaster. Last UPS parcel took 3 weeks to arrive. This Christmas everythingsent DHL from the UK family arrived in a plastic bag, with the original address label and customs sticker stuffed

inside all Xmas wrapping having been removed and kids presents missing. DHL wanted 2000Baht!!'Delivery Charge'I said:

'You mean "handling charge"!?!

My next door neighbour had some problems with international mail while I had none.

I showed him exactly how I'd written the address down in English on my packages which came in from various countries around the world and it was slightly different to what he'd been using.

I suspect the slightest difference in an address can cause it be thrown in to the pile of mail to be trawled through at a later date due to badly formatted addresses.

I know one guy who often went down to the local post office and asked about his missing packages and they were located and handed over immediately so a trip to the local post office might be worth it.