Internet dating sites

y2k

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not wanting to seem naive but are all dating sites a scam?

Probably not but think about the dating site scams in the west. In Thailand you've got the language barrier.

The Thai girl you are conversing with online, may not be able to read, write or speak English. maybe she's employing someone to do it for her, and that person would be a professional at sucking in, guys like you.

Is it worth the risk.

• Like 2

No it's not worth it. I would only be using the site to arrange dates ahead of my arrival. What's the worse that could happen?

You fall in love.

No it's not worth it. I would only be using the site to arrange dates ahead of my arrival. What's the worse that could happen?

You fall in love.
I'd want to ,... her first and if she's for real she probably wouldn't on the first date. If she did then she's a scammer/working girl and that would be no different than picking up one from a bar (minus the bar fine and ladies drinks). Edited by LivinginKata
crude comment removed

Sounds like a good move providing you don't get too involved or have high hopes, that's one of the problems with spending too much time online before meeting the person.

I'd want to .... her first and if she's for real she probably wouldn't on the first date. If she did then she's a scammer/working girl and that would be no different than picking up one from a bar (minus the bar fine and ladies drinks).

Sounds like you have a plan. Go ahead and let us to know how things turn out.

I assume you have been to Thailand before and have already learned not to underestimate the seduction power of a Thai women. They are good and eager to improve their skills by watching the education programs from the TV - some hours for each day.

I'd want to .... her first and if she's for real she probably wouldn't on the first date. If she did then she's a scammer/working girl and that would be no different than picking up one from a bar (minus the bar fine and ladies drinks).

Sounds like you have a plan. Go ahead and let us to know how things turn out.

I assume you have been to Thailand before and have already learned not to underestimate the seduction power of a Thai women. They are good and eager to improve their skills by watching the education programs from the TV - some hours for each day.

As I mentioned in another post I fell for the last girl I met and have missed her terribly. But the realisation that nothing could come of it and reading around this forum has pulled me down to earth with a resounding thump. My previous visits were nothing like this one and if anything I came away the victor by not becoming emotionally involved; in fact on the previous trip the girl I met became quite infatuated with me and rang me regularly in Australia. This time around I believe I met one of the seasoned girls who worked a silent deadly spell over me.

Anyway I digress, I think I'll try the dating site thing and see where that goes.

I found Thai Love Links to be excellent if you have good judgment. As to the 'scammed up front' comment, I feel sad for you. Yup, many nut cases and users online, but also many simple women that just want romance and will pay for everything just to,be with you. YMMV based on YOUR personality ;-)

• Like 2

I found Thai Love Links to be excellent if you have good judgment. As to the 'scammed up front' comment, I feel sad for you. Yup, many nut cases and users online, but also many simple women that just want romance and will pay for everything just to,be with you. YMMV based on YOUR personality ;-)

From your time on that site did you subscribe to the Gold or Platinum and why?

From your time on that site did you subscribe to the Gold or Platinum and why?

I did equally well on Gold. Who gives a flying kazoo about a video. You chat, you get contact info, and go off-site, right?

So only one side of the conversation needs to be a paid up member for both sides to be able to read and send emails and chat?

Bingo - these web site exist to make money. Plenty of TV documentaries expose the play to employ ladies to 'lead on' the marks to continue paying the fees. I repeat - it's a scam. But hey - on you go. Tell us how it goes.

• Like 1

So only one side of the conversation needs to be a paid up member for both sides to be able to read and send emails and chat?

Bingo - these web site exist to make money. Plenty of TV documentaries expose the play to employ ladies to 'lead on' the marks to continue paying the fees. I repeat - it's a scam. But hey - on you go. Tell us how it goes.
I have gone out with maybe 40 girls from Dating sites over the years. Some sites are scam sites which try every trick to get you to be a paying member, TrulyThai is a good example of that. But Thailovelinks is a real site with real girls looking for boyfriends. But like anything not everyone on there is on the up and up. Have scammers who out to get you but the site is for real. Have to be careful and never send money to someone you never met in person. The game is always trying to get you to pay for them to come and meet you. Tell them to borrow the money and you will pay them when you see them..... End of conversation .... Hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

• Like 1

ThaiLoveLinks is not a bad site. Met my lady there, everything o.k. and honest. I met about 25 girls in the whole country and then I took my decision. One has to use common sense, after the first date you know already a lot, if they are interested in you or in money only. I had some really funny meetings, showing the mentality of many Thai girls very fast (falang = walking bank).

• Like 2

ThaiLoveLinks is not a bad site. Met my lady there, everything o.k. and honest. I met about 25 girls in the whole country and then I took my decision. One has to use common sense, after the first date you know already a lot, if they are interested in you or in money only. I had some really funny meetings, showing the mentality of many Thai girls very fast (falang = walking bank).

It's the first dating site that I've ever used and looks good so far. I especially like the compact mobile version (shame the office internet blocks it). You must have paid some membership fees to contact the girls. Was it worth it?

I have used Thai love Links in the past and found it excellent, yes plenty of woman looking for quick money , but there are many genuine girls out there, but it takes time i took 6 months before meeting one, we were together 2 years then split, i payed the platinum fee was cheap enough, usaually ended talking on skype to them, most were office girls we used to chat when they were in the office, could see on web cam, also plenty of teachers, but funnily enough not many nurses,

Edited by howerde
  • Like 2

I have used Thai love Links in the past and found it excellent, yes plenty of woman looking for quick money , but there are many genuine girls out there, but it takes time i took 6 months before meeting one, we were together 2 years then split, i payed the platinum fee was cheap enough, usaually ended talking on skype to them, most were office girls we used to chat when they were in the office, could see on web cam, also plenty of teachers, but funnily enough not many nurses,

Teachers and nurses - just missing Police women!

It's ok I'm no spring chicken :-)

Mostly non-spring chickens fall for a lure by a cute thai girl.

Includes being asked to pay up front for transportation to your destination...

Then if she does travel to you..

Money for her family., if not for gold and an IPhone.

But then there are many happy endings, in various shapes and forms...

The dating site is not a scam by itself...But you will be dealing with thai girls...

• Like 1

Absolutely. I'm not that dumb and I tend to turn off when money is mentioned outside of the transaction taking place. I have already been contacted by what look like fake contacts.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand