DTAC TriNet to kick off 4G service in April

webfact

Their landing page to check your balance if your sim is in an aircard, doesn't work for almost 2 months.

Called them up last week and complained about, got the usual crap must be your browser or your operating system or your aircard or maybe your microwave. Made them clear that I wasn't born from a hen, and at once she says, I just get informed that there is a problem with the page and they are working on it .

2 months working to fix their own webpage cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Edited by JesseFrank

well, my experience of DTAC 3G has been fine. The speeds I've gotten with speedtest on H+ with DTAC have been comparable to what I've gotten from True with LTE. I for one am looking forward to the 4G rollout and hope that prepay users get to go on the network.

that said, I'm not retiring my True prepay card (though True itself may have retired the Man U 4G prepay? The link now redirects back to the main page... ominous?). I like having a SIM card for each network, AIS included.

Edited by build6

Their landing page to check your balance if your sim is in an aircard, doesn't work for almost 2 months.

just curious (don't have experience with air cards), does it work to check the balance by putting the SIM into a phone and doing *101*9#? (granted it's inconvenient)

do the SIMs in air cards actually work for voice calls if you put it into a phone?

(When I was in the US, the AT&T SIMs they gave out for putting into iPads etc. weren't useable for voice calls, and I really didn't understand the restriction)

just curious (don't have experience with air cards), does it work to check the balance by putting the SIM into a phone and doing *101*9#? (granted it's inconvenient)

do the SIMs in air cards actually work for voice calls if you put it into a phone?

(When I was in the US, the AT&T SIMs they gave out for putting into iPads etc. weren't useable for voice calls, and I really didn't understand the restriction)

Yes you can put the card in a phone to check the balance, but until 2 months ago you just went to the landing page and it would give you all the details.

The sim cards are voice and data call enabled

Yes you can put the card in a phone to check the balance, but until 2 months ago you just went to the landing page and it would give you all the details.

The sim cards are voice and data call enabled

I see, thanks

I'd debated getting an air card early on, but decided to just rely on my android phone to be a wifi hotspot, looks like I may have dodged a bullet in terms of "avoiding problems" there...

who can connect to this?

Until it is launched it can only be used by internal users and a few select customers.

DTAC updated their web-based e-Services platform a while ago. Air-card users should be able to view and manage all details of their SIM/number/account.

http://www.dtac.co.th/en/postpaid/services/dtace-service.html

My payment, My Usage, Internet, View FuP Balance.

You may also be able to issue USSD commands from the UI for your air-card (may require a firmware update).

http://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/services/happynumber.html

They, in addition to TrueMove H and AIS, have great Android apps as well.

post-9615-0-47840700-1398041204_thumb.jp

post-9615-0-47773100-1398041526_thumb.jp

Edited by lomatopo

DTAC updated their web-based e-Services platform a while ago. Air-card users should be able to view and manage all details of their SIM/number/account.

http://www.dtac.co.th/en/postpaid/services/dtace-service.html

My payment, My Usage, Internet, View FuP Balance.

Indeed it is a great new service.

The link you provide is the E, with no opnglish webpage, once you click on E-service everything changes to Thai, with no option to change to English thumbsup.gif

So after some hassle managed to get to the registration page in English. It says it will send you a one time password by sms. Hey wait, when the sim is in an aircard you can't receive sms messages.

Oh you mean do it all over Smart phone?.............What if one doesn't have a smart phone ?

Or take the sim out of the aircard, thereby disconnect your internet connection, place it in a phone to read the message and then back to the aircard to reconnect. If you're lucky you will be reconnected within the validity time of the OTP. That is of course if your disconnection doesn't cancel the registration process.

Service as great as all the other Dtac services. bah.gif

Most aircard UI's allow for the origination/receipt of SMSes; many can be updated to originate/receive USSD messages. I updated my older D-Link DWM-156 so that it can handle both SMS and USSD.

If you continue to be challenged then contact DTAC, on 1678, or via email at [email protected], or just take the SIM into a DTAC shop and ask them to help you register it for eServices..

AFAIK, TrueMove H (iService) and AIS have similar web-based and mobile apps.

https://iservice.truecorp.co.th/

http://www.ais.co.th/eservice.html

Sorry if I provided the wrong link; they show in English in my browser but when I follow the pasted link they show in Thai?

Edited by lomatopo

^ e mail? Has any service company in Thailnd ever read an email much less responded to one? ( in English? )

I recommend calling on a Sunday, the English speaking staff will actually help you instead of making up lies to excuse crap internet.

The weekday staff are useless and I suspect DTAC is now are pushing the 4 g by making the 3 g not work, and they can do it as I have found out yesterday.

'Marketing' is right.

Most aircard UI's allow for the origination/receipt of SMSes; many can be updated to originate/receive USSD messages. I updated my older D-Link DWM-156 so that it can handle both SMS and USSD.

If you continue to be challenged then contact DTAC, on 1678, or via email at [email protected], or just take the SIM into a DTAC shop and ask them to help you register it for eServices..

AFAIK, TrueMove H (iService) and AIS have similar web-based and mobile apps.

https://iservice.truecorp.co.th/

http://www.ais.co.th/eservice.html

Sorry if I provided the wrong link; they show in English in my browser but when I follow the pasted link they show in Thai?

Yes the link you posted shows in English, with actually an option to change to Thai, however when you click on the E-service tab it all changes to Thai with no option to change to English.

I know aircards are sms and ussd, and that works if the aircard is inserted in the USB slot of your computer, not if in the USB slot of the 3G modem/router at the other side of the house., with a USB cable hanging out of a window.

Even with that option the connection is pretty bad, so you can imagine if I inserted it directly into my pc.

DTAC always replies to my emails sent to [email protected], in English, within 24 hours.

not if in the USB slot of the 3G modem/router at the other side of the house.

OK, this is the first mention of your particular configuration, which if highlighted earlier would have affected my recommendation(s). Is this a desktop PC or notebook? If the latter, then maybe temporarily re-position it, with the air-card in order to register for eservices?

Can you try TrueMove H? Or AIS?

DTAC is now are pushing the 4 g by making the 3 g not work

DTAC have not yet launched 4G, and "making the 3 g not work" would seem to be an odd strategy for the 11,000,000 customers, most of whom do not have a 4G-capable device, but I'm sure this makes sense to you.

DTAC 3G continues to work well for me.

post-9615-0-61421200-1398050548_thumb.jp

Edited by lomatopo

^ e mail? Has any service company in Thailnd ever read an email much less responded to one? ( in English? )

Both True and DTAC have replied to my emails, in English (I do not speak/understand Thai).

Yes the link you posted shows in English, with actually an option to change to Thai, however when you click on the E-service tab it all changes to Thai with no option to change to English.

I use this page for e-service, entirely in English -

http://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/

The "login" fields are on the upper right, in English, and at least for me things stay English once I get through (I end up at their "Dashboard" page at https://mydtac.dtac.co.th/dashboard/PrePaidDashboard )

DTAC selects Alcatel-Lucent for 100G optical rollout, tests 4G

23 Apr 2014
DTAC, Thailand’s second largest mobile operator, has chosen Alcatel-Lucent’s ‘Agile Optical Networking’ solution to upgrade its existing 3G network and support the rollout of a 4G LTE network that will eventually deliver ‘ultra-broadband’ mobile access to more than 40% of the Thai population. Deployment of the 100Gbps fibre-optic network is already under way in Bangkok, with expansion to other parts of Thailand to continue throughout 2014, the vendor said in a release.
imultaneously, Thai newspaper The Nation reported that DTAC has conducted tests of 4G LTE services on its 2100MHz network in Bangkok, currently used for commercial 3G services. It had been reported at the start of this month by technology vendor Ericsson that DTAC had ‘launched’ 2100MHz LTE services, but it now appears that commercial operations will take a few more weeks to be switched on, sometime in this quarter.
Thai operator dtac launches LTE with Ericsson
dtac TriNet announces the launch of 4G/LTE on 2100MHz for its users in Thailand
Users in Bangkok Metropolitan will enjoy faster mobile broadband services and better network performance
Ericsson is the sole supplier for User Data Management, Evolved Packet Core and circuit core solutions
To meet the needs of a data-hungry new generation of users in densely populated areas, dtac TriNet Co., Ltd, a subsidiary of Thailand's second-largest mobile operator dtac, has assigned long-time partner Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC) to deploy a 4G/LTE network.
The 4G/LTE on 2100MHz rollout began in February 2014 and once completed consumers can expect a superior user experience when browsing the internet on their smartphones or downloading movies at much faster speeds. By deploying 4G/LTE on 2100MHz, dtac TriNet will ensure improved network capacity and enhanced performance in Bangkok. dtac will also have a cost-effective network ready for continued data-traffic growth.

I have just discovered that I'm exclusively connected to Dtac 5G, as that is the amount of minutes it takes to load any page that has some images in it.

Jesse.. if you don't like DTAC why do you stay with them????

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I have just discovered that I'm exclusively connected to Dtac 5G, as that is the amount of minutes it takes to load any page that has some images in it.

Jesse.. if you don't like DTAC why do you stay with them????

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Short answer,

Because the others aren't any better .

• Like 1

Have you tried TrueMove H? If so, what were the issues?

I guess I'd be surprised if TrueMove H didn't work well for you.

They have the most coverage via CAT/850 MHz 3G, probably 95% of the geography here.

• 2 weeks later...
Press Room
4G on dtac TriNet ready to bring superior experience to Bangkok consumers
8 May 2014
dtac is ready to offer superior communication experience to consumers in Bangkok with the launch of 4G on dtac TriNet, the only intelligent mobile network in Thailand with the widest bandwidth. Introduced under the theme ‘I’m 4, I See Beyond”, 4G on dtac TriNet brings a brand-new, eye-opening sensation to tech-savvy consumers who can share the experience beyond their borders gained from the ‘Number 4 Phenomenon’ taking place across Bangkok. The launch of upgraded smart network is also another step in reaching dtac’s new mission – Connecting Everyone by 2015 – Internet for all, with aim to make internet access available for all Thai people across the country for the better quality of life.

http://www.dtac.co.th/en/pressroom/news/iam4.html

http://www.dtac.co.th/4g/

Try it for free, may require a new SIM...

Come and try out 4G from dtac TriNet
Just press We try Dtac TriNet 4G dial * 2014 #.
Using 4G Free 4GB for 4 months
Apple: iPhone 5, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPad Air, iPad with Retina Display, iPad Mini, iPad Mini with Retina Display.
BlackBerry: Z30
HTC: Butterfly S, One Max, One Mini, One (M8), Desire 816.
LG: G2, Nexus 5
Nokia: Lumia 1 020, Lumia 820, Lumia 920, Lumia 925.
Samsung: Note 3 LTE, S5.
I-Mobile: IQ X EN.
Edited by lomatopo

Have you tried TrueMove H? If so, what were the issues?

I guess I'd be surprised if TrueMove H didn't work well for you.

They have the most coverage via CAT/850 MHz 3G, probably 95% of the geography here.

The problem with Truemove is that once your balance is finished, you either fall back to unusable 128Kb or they drain your sim balance at something like 2 baht/Mb . Been there, got the t-shirt

It's a joke to call Dtac 4g when they cannot even get 3G at a decent speed

I continue to get very good 3G performance with DTAC, been that way for nearly three years now.

Good on ya man because after being. With Dtac for 2 yes I get crap service, speedtest to UK mostly gives 0.5mb as I cannot even stream a podcast or radio without buffering

With Dtac for 2 yes I get crap service

Why would you continue to use "crap service" for 2 years? I mean other than to be able to whinge about it?

Because no1 I don't use that muh 3G as I'm mostly connected to wifi but when i do I want it to be fast and b I cannot be arsed to wait to port my number to true or get a new number so because I barely use it I put up with it.

Also don't spend my days whinging about I'm just having a discussion on a forum because that's what the topic is about, just like I'm sure you don't spend your days walking round tellig everyone you meet that you have had good service with Dtac for the last 3 yrs hat would make you a pretty boring guy!

I put up with it.

And complain, of course. wink.png

But there could be some issue with your phone, SIM, plan, configuration, etc., which might easily be discovered and corrected, then your service might be better?

Porting to TrueMove H would be very easy, simple, straight-forward. While it might take 3 - 5 business days you would not be without service during that period.

I do understand that these activities would take a bit more effort than just continuing type complaints, but in the end it might be worth it?

I put up with it.

And complain, of course. wink.png

But there could be some issue with your phone, SIM, plan, configuration, etc., which might easily be discovered and corrected, then your service might be better?

Porting to TrueMove H would be very easy, simple, straight-forward. While it might take 3 - 5 business days you would not be without service during that period.

I do understand that these activities would take a bit more effort than just continuing type complaints, but in the end it might be worth it?

Dude quit with the jibes will ya, I 'complain' because the service is crap and I'm quite within my rights to do so, if the service was good I wouldn't need to whinge or complain.

Jeez man try and have a discussion on a forum and flames starting coming out and accusations of whinging and moaning.

Have you ever thought that maybe just maybe somebody reads this who wants some impartial advice on Dtacs data service whether good or bad.

FYI IT Isn't the phone, sim or any other problem it's Dtac and I can tell tht very easily by doing a speed test to BKK and get 3 ish mb/s them change server to UK and getting under 0 .5 mb that's not a hardware problem that's a network problem