The Beatles or The Stones

baneko

Think one cannot compare the two groups. Music very different. As a kid I saw live.......

Stones, Beatles, The Who, Yardbirds, Kinks, Small Faces, probably a few more, they were all very different. At the time Motown was very big, bigger than folk think.

Which version of the Yardbirds did you see?

1963/4..........thumbsup.gif Some big names were playing.

• Like 1

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a ''mod'' of the sixties I saw most of the great still listened to music live. The bands were very different so pleased all. At the time I liked the Yardbirds but all the music was great.

The Yardbirds were very good but it has to be The Small Faces for the mods.

Sorry again I'm gonna say the Stones for their blusey music and they did have a good drummer.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I am listening to bbc 6 music from London here in Thailand and they have the same debate going on as we speak. The Stones are giving the Beatles a hiding

Perhaps because the Stones are still working. Remember the Beatles stopped working 44 years ago.

• Like 1

I got to see the Stones 2x ,once a dozen tickets I had bought to my first Stones Concert for myself & rest of our commune were stolen ,that was In Norfolk,Va.I got to see them in Baton Rouge,Louisiana finally on the StarF***er Tour

It was my GF from Tulane's first Concert to trip at....it was fantastic ! and finally at The Superdome in New Orleans

THE Some Girls Tour...which was DULL ,but we had eaten too many or too much I should say Brownies!

Yes ,the medicinal kind ! Everyone was so loaded in our group of 15-20 people ,everyone offered to buy the round ,if someone would go get it....So ,was it the music or the brownies !

The Beatles I got to see only once at SHEA Stadium in NYC only the freakin girls screamin ruined it ,I saw Paul and Wings , George on the Dark Horse Tour....Ringo with the RCA All-Stars and individually they all were great...even Ringo , but he was smart and had a great band behind and in front of him !

So ,to your query ,it really is Apples or oranges , Stones have gone on forever,I use to joke to my friends when Sinatra came out of retirement ,that we'd be goin' to see the stones in their 60s & 70s....that came to pass !

On the Beatles side , it was not long enough , and I don't think I ever heard one of their songs I didn't like hearing!

Suprised by their incredible re-mixing and George Martin's incredible producing

So , Music - Beatles Performance - Stones

post-35854-0-15267900-1395022813_thumb.j