bkkjames

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello,

I hate having choice, this is so ridiculous, why don't they sell only 1, the best one ?

Can you tell me what to choose ?

Thanks.

If you hate choice so much, I'm guessing you drive either a Vigo or a Fortuner, and the whole dating thing has been driving you nuts your whole life? tongue.png

In any case, the best has already been revealed here - it's glass coating with a 250 week advantage over the rest wink.png When it comes to spray-on wipe-off detailers, just choose the one that smells best to you, because that's the only product you're going to be using regularly once you have glass smile.png

I hate choosing stupid things as detergent or car wax !!!

Just sell me the best price and that's all, why having dozen of different products as if it was not just retardd marketing !

So you mean that nothing beats glass coating at 50000 thb ? But do you really trust these shops that open and close daily ?

Giving 50000 to a monkey who might not be here tomorrow anymore to make sure that what he did on my car was good enough is a bit risky...

And no, I do not drive a Japanese car, otherwise I don't think I would even care washing it !!!

Look up Bwash Thailand. Facebook or Google it. The guy does excellent work. Has all the latest coatings from Japan. Pretty intensive process. Plenty of photos on his Facebook page: he does Lamborghini's, Mercs etc, right down to scooters. :)

Giving 50000 to a monkey who might not be here tomorrow anymore to make sure that what he did on my car was good enough is a bit risky...

I imagine you are referring to a Thai person with the remark above ?

There are words for people like you - common decency stops me from repeating them.

How would you feel if I called you ... - let's play Charades ...

Two words - First word - Starts with F - Second word - Starts with C ...

I imagine you are referring to a Thai person with the remark above ?

There are words for people like you - common decency stops me from repeating them.

How would you feel if I called you ... - let's play Charades ...

Two words - First word - Starts with F - Second word - Starts with C ...

go easy, grease monkey is a common term in the west...but then again ...

Since this topic started ive noticed Toyota and Isuzu/Chevy do 2 White finishes. Their Pearl Whites looks like its Dulux Mat Emulsion compared to their brilliant whites , they don't POP at all,yet in the Showroom they look fine , in fact more eye catching. Recon any coating or waxing wouldn't help these dull finishes.Just look around this week and see what i mean. Id say the Toyo is the worst on the Tuna /Spivo.My early old Spivo was a nice paint job,thats all i liked about it..must get that in.thumbsup.gif

• 9 months later...

After reading many forums it seems that the easiest choice is to buy Meguiars products only.

They seem good for everything, interior and exterior, so maybe its a good idea to visit a meguiar car care in Bangkok or Pattaya and letthem usetheir own bottles ?

How much for glass coating there ? Any idea ?

Thank you so much.

Hopefully someone will be along shortly and advise which waxes can go on top of products like Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant for example. Some waxes have to go direct onto clean paintwork. I find that with Autoglym HD Wax.

No matter what you put on top, it's just not going to bond long-term to a hydrophobic sealant like the one you're using - so your best bet is one of the spray-on, wipe-off toppers each week after washing. This will give it the 'pop' you're looking for, and will extend the lifespan of the sealant too.

Some suggestions:

Meguairs Ultimate Detailer

Meguiars Last Touch

Wolfgang Spritz Spray

After reading many forums it seems that the easiest choice is to buy Meguiars products only.

They seem good for everything, interior and exterior, so maybe its a good idea to visit a meguiar car care in Bangkok or Pattaya and letthem usetheir own bottles ?

Thank you so much.

The first and last time I asked about Meguiars glass coating kit it was 12K Baht.... so I passed.

Realistically, that was released over 2 years ago, and the technology has moved on since then (higher SiO2 content, better hardness). Right now, if you wanted a glass coating my top recommendation would be the CQuartz UK for the best "inexpensive 2 year" coating. If you want a coating that's harder and presumably lasts longer, I've been trialling the Kessho Diamond on a couple of panels and so far it's impressive - but I can't yet comment on longevity...

For general car care, I've never heard anyone complain about Meguiars products, and in several areas they are clearly the best available (e.g. their Super Degreaser, All Purpose Cleaner, Paint Recondition Cream etc). If for some reason you wanted to keep you car care products all one brand, it's the only brand to choose.

Edited by IMHO

Thank you, but why suck a price difference ?

And if a coating bottle costs a maximum of 6000 thb I wonder how can people think that it's acceptable to pay 3000 or 40000 to coat their car ? Is it something difficult to do ?

Thanks again.

Thank you so much.

The first and last time I asked about Meguiars glass coating kit it was 12K Baht.... so I passed.

Realistically, that was released over 2 years ago, and the technology has moved on since then (higher SiO2 content, better hardness). Right now, if you wanted a glass coating my top recommendation would be the CQuartz UK for the best "inexpensive 2 year" coating. If you want a coating that's harder and presumably lasts longer, I've been trialling the Kessho Diamond on a couple of panels and so far it's impressive - but I can't yet comment on longevity...

For general car care, I've never heard anyone complain about Meguiars products, and in several areas they are clearly the best available (e.g. their Super Degreaser, All Purpose Cleaner, Paint Recondition Cream etc). If for some reason you wanted to keep you car care products all one brand, it's the only brand to choose.

And if a coating bottle costs a maximum of 6000 thb I wonder how can people think that it's acceptable to pay 3000 or 40000 to coat their car ? Is it something difficult to do ?

Thanks again.

Thank you so much.

How can people pay 300 THB just for a normal wash instead of doing it themselves? It's how our society has become right now.

Why pay 50THB delivery fee for a quick meal if you can go and pick it up (talking about Isan, not BKK)? People have become seriously lazy.

My car's paint ain't worth the 50,000 baht coating and all the cars before it didn't require coating either so I just gave up on paying so much.

Since this topic started ive noticed Toyota and Isuzu/Chevy do 2 White finishes. Their Pearl Whites looks like its Dulux Mat Emulsion compared to their brilliant whites , they don't POP at all,yet in the Showroom they look fine , in fact more eye catching. Recon any coating or waxing wouldn't help these dull finishes.Just look around this week and see what i mean. Id say the Toyo is the worst on the Tuna /Spivo.My early old Spivo was a nice paint job,thats all i liked about it..must get that in.thumbsup.gif

So you're not the only one who noticed that. Pearl white an extra 15,000? more for a finish that looks like my warehouse's outdoor wall.

Probably the lighting setup in the showroom is helping them pop.

Thanks again.

You have to take into account the level of paint preparation work done before they glass coat it.

Unlike waxes and sealants, glass coating does not have any 'fillers' to hide things like swirls and holograms in the paint. In order for a glass coated car to actually come out looking good, they have to work the paint to (close as possible) perfection first, then apply the glass coating as a last step.

When it comes to preparation, there's not just one way to to do it... at the simplest level, you can spend a couple of hours doing a simple cut then polish, to the highest extreme of spending days removing or reducing orange peel, followed by a 3 or 4 stage cut and 2 or 3 stage polish.

The bottom line is, the end result only looks as good as the preparation work allows.

Back to the question: is it worth 30K or 40K? for a mainstream Japanese or American brand, probably not. The factory finish just isn't worth that level of expense: the paint just isn't thick enough to work to absolute perfection, and the panel pressings not correct and true enough to produce a flawless overall finish anyway. Even the best of the mainstream brands still have minuscule ripples/waves in panels, which you won't see through the factory orange peel, but will notice once the paint is worked to a flawless state.

So you're not the only one who noticed that. Pearl white an extra 15,000? more for a finish that looks like my warehouse's outdoor wall.

Probably the lighting setup in the showroom is helping them pop.

White is the hardest color to make look good, simply because the paint itself reflects so much light, it's hard to get an environment reflection out of it - and it's those that you really notice. Once out of the showroom which has multiple, strong, light sources to generate environmental reflections, they never look as good.

If you want to make a pearl white car 'pop' the number one thing you need to do is get rid of (or at least reduce) orange peel - only then will it be able to generate sharp reflections, and really allow the metallic specs underneath an opportunity to really show through.

Here's one I did:

post-163537-0-01971000-1447977690_thumb.

Edited by IMHO

So you mean that they spend a lot of time before coating, I agree, but only if your car is not new, and it does not seem that they charge less for new cars.

So my idea to do glass coating after 2 or 3 years is maybe not stupid, because when the car came from the factory I didn't feel like to pay anything more for it !

Price for glass coating in Bangkok and Pattaya

http://www.ceramiccoat-thailand.com/index.php?lay=show&ac=article&Id=538974649

http://www.glosslinepattaya.com

Thanks again.

You have to take into account the level of paint preparation work done before they glass coat it.

Unlike waxes and sealants, glass coating does not have any 'fillers' to hide things like swirls and holograms in the paint. In order for a glass coated car to actually come out looking good, they have to work the paint to (close as possible) perfection first, then apply the glass coating as a last step.

When it comes to preparation, there's not just one way to to do it... at the simplest level, you can spend a couple of hours doing a simple cut then polish, to the highest extreme of spending days removing or reducing orange peel, followed by a 3 or 4 stage cut and 2 or 3 stage polish.

The bottom line is, the end result only looks as good as the preparation work allows.

Back to the question: is it worth 30K or 40K? for a mainstream Japanese or American brand, probably not. The factory finish just isn't worth that level of expense: the paint just isn't thick enough to work to absolute perfection, and the panel pressings not correct and true enough to produce a flawless overall finish anyway. Even the best of the mainstream brands still have minuscule ripples/waves in panels, which you won't see through the factory orange peel, but will notice once the paint is worked to a flawless state.

There are reasons to glass coat a new car - it's not just about making it shiny ;)

Better glass coatings resist scratches and swirls - so your paint finish stays looking good for longer. They also repel water, which makes washing them much easier, and because they last 2 years or more, it means you'r doing less work (just washing really) to keep it looking good.

Here's a couple of videos from the Kessho Diamond vendor:

Zaino is good (have tried that). Gyeon is better. Lasts up to 6 months. The water doesn't bead - it literally slips off the paint or glass. Don't forget to wax your windscreen.

Don't forget when you wash the car, do not use detergent, just a high pressure spray will do and it ensures the polish remains on the car for longer.

Edited by tharae

Zaino is good (have tried that). Gyeon is better. Lasts up to 6 months. The water doesn't bead - it literally slips off the paint or glass. Don't forget to wax your windscreen.

Don't forget when you wash the car, do not use detergent, just a high pressure spray will do and it ensures the polish remains on the car for longer.

A wax that lasts 6 months in Thailand?

I'm guessing either the car doesn't get driven much, or it never sees a rainy highway? :)

WOW...which country do you live in. If you live overhere I would love to see a sheeting video.

With HD wax mine still sheets, a little bit after a couple of months and that is over ECO 7000. I'll post video next week and we can compare it with the previous one that I posted.

You can try glasscoatingclub (G2C) at Ekkamai. It's actually owned by Threebond (major Japanese chemical maker) and they do a very good job.

I know them as I am the one who is designing and printing their leaflets :)

Most def. Buddy back in the West paints cars - mostly show cars and street rods. OK paint job - $7000 Want Black ? Double it.

Prep being the main reason. It has to be dead straight.

WOW...which country do you live in. If you live overhere I would love to see a sheeting video.

With HD wax mine still sheets, a little bit after a couple of months and that is over ECO 7000. I'll post video next week and we can compare it with the previous one that I posted.

Yep, the longest I've had a wax last (i.e. still sheeting) is 3 months - and that was with a weekly top-up with a polymer quick detailer - without the top up, it lasts about 8 weeks. 6 months would be a new Thai record I think - unless the car was kept in an air conditioned showroom and never driven or washed ;)

Most def. Buddy back in the West paints cars - mostly show cars and street rods. OK paint job - $7000 Want Black ? Double it.

Prep being the main reason. It has to be dead straight.

Yep, black is the most reflective color, and even the smallest amount of orange peel is noticeable as a result.

I washed and Meguires Black Waxed my car twice within the first week to give it a bit more protection and a lovely deep shine.

After spending a not insignificant amount of money on a new car I feel it is worth giving it a helping hand to look good for longer (until some fekwit scratches it with his scooter).