Any good interest rates for like 10 months?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cashed in my time deposit paying 3.25%/annum with Bangkok Bank and put the money in the Stock Exchange of Thailand (SET) and made 3.5% in 5 days. Now is the time to buy equities. The Bank Interest rate is probably going to be cut soon. I aim to look at time deposits around August time when I want to take profit on from the SET and by that time the interest rates possibly will be higher.

• Like 1

Hi,

I am looking for a personal loan against my property and will pay 7%.

Contact me if interested

Thanks

3% per month can be had that way....only trouble is as a Foreigner not being able to own land you cant have a charge placed on the property. Visit any land office and these transactions are common amongst the Thai community

I shop around every couple of months to see what's new. I put 50k in the pink bank (Gov) for the last few months when the $ was favorable to the baht. Still is but falling. I'm getting 3.25% for a 9 month deposit. There is a thread on here somewhere that features the best rates.

I have to have my wife put it her account. Hard to find a bank that will let a farang (especially an American because of the reporting requirements,) open a savings account.

I shop around every couple of months to see what's new. I put 50k in the pink bank (Gov) for the last few months when the $ was favorable to the baht. Still is but falling. I'm getting 3.25% for a 9 month deposit. There is a thread on here somewhere that features the best rates.

I have to have my wife put it her account. Hard to find a bank that will let a farang (especially an American because of the reporting requirements,) open a savings account.

I have had fixed accs.with,bkk.bank,scb,thai gov.savings bank,and just opened a fixed with land and house[jan 21-15mon.]

Hi,

I am looking for a personal loan against my property and will pay 7%.

Contact me if interested

Thanks

3% per month can be had that way....only trouble is as a Foreigner not being able to own land you cant have a charge placed on the property. Visit any land office and these transactions are common amongst the Thai community

I knew some people who were doing this. It was a foreigner and his Thai wife. They made some good money but got burned once. After that, they brought a high-ranking Thai cop into the picture. They gave him 10% of the profit just to have an official presence in the deal and have someone who could put heavy pressure on any deadbeats. It worked like a charm.

expatsupreme (and others)

if you were a Banker in Argentina, you live elsewhere now

if you were a Banker in Iceland, you are in jail

if you are a Banker in Cyprus, you should be in jail

earning 10% interest is fair and reasonable (banks make far more than that)

anything around 3% effectively means you are going backwards ... a sure bet on a horse that you think can keep pace with inflation, deflation, exchange rates, buying power and many other market place games still being played

I don't gamble (not even on the Melbourne Cup) ... 10% reflects an equitable return for both parties

The experience over the last 12 months is that the loss in the exchange rate has trumped the exchange rate return.

yes exactly, so you lost money if you kept it in THB

I have money in THB and didn't lose any of it. It's all still there in my bank account. You are talking BS.

The experience over the last 12 months is that the loss in the exchange rate has trumped the exchange rate return.

I have money in THB and didn't lose any of it. It's all still there in my bank account. You are talking BS.

I did not say the total number of baht you hold has gone down. I referred to the exchange rate.

I did not say the total number of baht you hold has gone down. I referred to the exchange rate.

But that's irrelevant for someone who lives here and has their money in baht.