Thai Police begins firing tear gas at Phan Fah Lilat Bridge

webfact

Very, very sad scenes again on Bangkok battered streets.

A sad but unfortunately predictable outcome when:

Two intransigent sides refuse to speak, co-operate, and work together as intelligent humans to overcome their differences;

Each side seeks total victory and domination over the other, as opposed to reconciliation and development;

The leaders of each side are as myopic and dysfunctional as each other.

Thailand you deserve better, your people deserve better.

Not strictly true.

One side has offered talks, the other has declined.

One side offered an election, the other not only declined but also ensured the people could not vote.

One side based on past experiences believes the offered 'Talks' will be said with forked tongue and not in good faith.

When one side is trying to take total control and supremacy over the other, it is not logical they will mildly roll over and acquiesce.

Megalomaniacs do not negotiate, they rule over others absolutely.

But it takes a strong force to stare down a crazy one and make it blink.

But that doesn't mean it is equally crazy, just more determined not to be trampled in the end.

But try not to confuse tactics in a single set of skirmishes, and strategy for over the whole course of events.

I'm just stating the facts in the interests of balance, relating to JC's post.

Edited by delh

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just love the spin mentality among the supporters. When it was 2010 then it was alright to shoot the protestors but now when the situation is reversed then suddenly same rules don't/shouldn't apply.

Yes the UDD burned down some buildings but PAD and PDRC have killed cops but that's alright because they are all on Thaksin' payroll. I'm just curious, back home, wouldn't the cops meet a riot with water cannons, tear gas and night sticks? Or do you live in a place called Utopia?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited by maxme
  • Like 2

I'm from the US, Long Beach ca.. when i was in high school there was kid that lived down the street from us, he had some mental issues or something, one time the police were called because he was abusing his mother, 2 cops showed up, he attacked them with num-ckuks (2 sticks attached with a chain) they shot him dead.. i was shocked and upset.. but i fully understand any cop will kill you if you shoot at him or even if you point a gun at him, a rioters life is not worth more than the police officer who has to do this job everyday.. the crook or rioter can quit, reform himself and get on with his life, if your a cop and you wanna live to see your retirement package FUCKK "minimum necessary force than a shoot to kill policy."

I'm not bloodthirsty, I'm being realiastic, when you shoot at the police they kill you, their rules are to kill people that shoot at them, you think its ok for 'protesters' to shoot at the police from behind unarmed protesters-thats what i call cowardly and bloodthirsty.

1. The police must kill the protesters that fire weapons at them, they are justified in shooting back with live Ammo.

2. Once they arrest these 'protesters' most of whom are PAID to protest, and many of whom are armed with weapons, they must keep them in detention so they don't come back and cause more mayham. It's an outrage that they are then released on 'bail' the state of emergency is supposed to allow the police to restore order and detain mercenaries.

You're a bloodthirsty little animal aren't you? Not happy till you see dead people on the ground eh? bah.gif.pagespeed.ce.-cCHYEZ1Lo.gif alt=bah.gif width=19 height=19>

Could you please clarify the source you have for the police's rules of engagement?

I would imagine, only guessing here, that it would be more along the lines of minimum necessary force than a shoot to kill policy.

As an aside, I would also like to know what ammunition was in the shotguns that were discharged by the police, whether anyone has been admitted to the medical centres with shotgun wounds or were they firing plastic/rubber rounds or beanbag/sandbags.

I do not support any side in this mess, but the warnings have been in the air for the past week or so, and if the protesters have been warned to clear the area and haven't done so, then they have themselves to blame. The police and caretaker government have left them relatively alone until now, we shouldn't call foul when they eventually get round to ending the disruption.

" At Chaengwattana site, the police moved in with teargas firing, protesters sat down and prayed with no resistance. At Pan Fah bridge, police form the Second Region Provincial Police were seen firing at protesters with shotguns. Many protesters were injured and several ambulances were seen moving into the area to take the injured to hospitals. "

This ugly, ugly administration is now showing it and Thakin's true colours. Protesters that were sitting and praying have had canisters of tear-gas thrown at them, and other protesters have been shot at by police, as reporters are now witnessing.

Chalerm was obviously very upset yesterday. He was humiliated. What we are seeing now is the true face of Chalerm in action - pitting Thai people against Thai people. He is a coward, and a bully. And he has perpetrated a great sin today. These images are being broadcast all around the world. They are not subject to the Yingluck administration's spin. They show a savage, savage administration, that has over-reached in their response alarmingly. The army is watching, and one's guess is that they will not be able to tolerate this much longer. This administration is out of control, and is at war with its own people.

Are you getting a head start at the revisionist version already? The "shotguns" you describe were in fact the teargas delivery systems. The teargas was fired after the police were attacked. Yes, assailants who were initially protestors were injured. The reporters you allude to, at least the reporters who are not employed by pseudo news organizations aligned with the PDRC are reporting that the PDRC supporters initiated the violence. You may wish to check the unbiased news feeds before you engage in more revision.

Which unbiased news feeds would they be? Please tell us all.

The account I heard was by Khaosod English, the police approached Phanfa Bridge Barricades, as they breached the barricades, the sound of gunfire and explosion were hear and the police had one shot in the head and 4 others wounded they were forced to withdraw from the barricades under gunfire! to regroup!

I do not think it is likely they brought the media along, if they were going to fire the 1st shot, they may fire the last one!

Pictures of the police fired at by the yellow protesters.

Who, in the whole world, could still say that Suthep and his followers are just peacefully protesting.

There are already soooooo many pictures proving that they are just criminals trying to gain power over the majority of the Thai people.

Only terminally brainwashed people can still support this madness.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1392709408.395679.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1392709422.395580.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1392709431.595617.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1392709448.079037.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1392709458.929174.jpg

Sent from my iPhone...

Where is Chalerm? Who is the idiot order police to go there? For nothing....bah.gif

This poor police officer won't be walking straight for some time.

He is a victim of a bomb thrown by the protesters...

More and more crimes committed by the yellows are exposed... ph34r.png

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

shocking!!!!

i dont support either side, we as farrangs can only watch in disbelieve.

another sad day in los.

i hope all this will end soon.its tragic to all sides and the nation.

I'm not bloodthirsty, I'm being realiastic, when you shoot at the police they kill you, their rules are to kill people that shoot at them, you think its ok for 'protesters' to shoot at the police from behind unarmed protesters-thats what i call cowardly and bloodthirsty.

1. The police must kill the protesters that fire weapons at them, they are justified in shooting back with live Ammo.

2. Once they arrest these 'protesters' most of whom are PAID to protest, and many of whom are armed with weapons, they must keep them in detention so they don't come back and cause more mayham. It's an outrage that they are then released on 'bail' the state of emergency is supposed to allow the police to restore order and detain mercenaries.

You're a bloodthirsty little animal aren't you? Not happy till you see dead people on the ground eh? bah.gif

I'm not in favour of anyone shooting at all but all the reports I've read to date say the police opened fire first. Was there a reason for this, in that, were they fired on earlier?

You seem to be saying the police responded to being fired upon. Is there a link to this?

" At Chaengwattana site, the police moved in with teargas firing, protesters sat down and prayed with no resistance. At Pan Fah bridge, police form the Second Region Provincial Police were seen firing at protesters with shotguns. Many protesters were injured and several ambulances were seen moving into the area to take the injured to hospitals. "

This ugly, ugly administration is now showing it and Thakin's true colours. Protesters that were sitting and praying have had canisters of tear-gas thrown at them, and other protesters have been shot at by police, as reporters are now witnessing.

Chalerm was obviously very upset yesterday. He was humiliated. What we are seeing now is the true face of Chalerm in action - pitting Thai people against Thai people. He is a coward, and a bully. And he has perpetrated a great sin today. These images are being broadcast all around the world. They are not subject to the Yingluck administration's spin. They show a savage, savage administration, that has over-reached in their response alarmingly. The army is watching, and one's guess is that they will not be able to tolerate this much longer. This administration is out of control, and is at war with its own people.

Not according to the news I've been listening to, BBC, AJ, ABC, or are they as bias as hmmm what's your fav channel, blue sky???

I haven't heard them saying that the protesters were sitting and praying, but what I did see was protesters throwing glass bottle's, rocks, chairs, anything they can pick up, and now shooting and throwing bombs, HARDLY THE STUFF OF "PEACFUL PROTESTERS" HUH???

and er' you really should have a think at what you spew, IT'S THE POLICE GETTING SHOT, so who do you think might be doing that huh??? the vile mongrel's that do all this killing should be dealt with as quickly as possible

Actually, two civilians have also been killed today.

PTP, who you apparently support by all means, has lost. YL and PTP could have exited the stage gracefully, but they have decided to launch a wave of violence and mayhem instead. Everything is collapsing around PTP's ears, and I guess they just decided to take as much down with them as possible.

Edited by Sheryl
civility
  • Like 1

RT @RichardBarrow: 11:40am Reports that a policeman has been shot during clash at Pan Fah Bridge #Bangkok (Pic @phattanantv9) http://t.co/pSxuF9Ph7m

Bguv4qQCYAAjly-.jpg

Not a red shirt in sight. Who are the "peaceful protester" forum apologists going to blame now?

T..! Not a red shirt in sight ... what about the pollice? ... they are red to the core, and they are the ones who have kicked this off.

All the reports are saying that masses of the supporters have been sitting on the ground offering no opposition. When Chalerm decides to give the order, after conveniently telling us all that he is not going to be in the thick of it, then this is what we can expect...!

He, and her ladyship, shall reap what they sow...!

• Like 1

pkspeaker, on 18 Feb 2014 - 14:17, said:

I'm from the US, Long Beach ca.. when i was in high school there was kid that lived down the street from us, he had some mental issues or something, one time the police were called because he was abusing his mother, 2 cops showed up, he attacked them with num-ckuks (2 sticks attached with a chain) they shot him dead.. i was shocked and upset.. but i fully understand any cop will kill you if you shoot at him or even if you point a gun at him, a rioters life is not worth more than the police officer who has to do this job everyday.. the crook or rioter can quit, reform himself and get on with his life, if your a cop and you wanna live to see your retirement package fuc_kK "minimum necessary force than a shoot to kill policy."

chrisinth, on 18 Feb 2014 - 13:02, said:
pkspeaker, on 18 Feb 2014 - 12:40, said:

Could you please clarify the source you have for the police's rules of engagement?

I would imagine, only guessing here, that it would be more along the lines of minimum necessary force than a shoot to kill policy.

As an aside, I would also like to know what ammunition was in the shotguns that were discharged by the police, whether anyone has been admitted to the medical centres with shotgun wounds or were they firing plastic/rubber rounds or beanbag/sandbags.

I do not support any side in this mess, but the warnings have been in the air for the past week or so, and if the protesters have been warned to clear the area and haven't done so, then they have themselves to blame. The police and caretaker government have left them relatively alone until now, we shouldn't call foul when they eventually get round to ending the disruption.

Sir, with the greatest respect, you have ascertained from one incident involving police officers in America when you were a child, that if attacked, all police will kill you?

My father, until his murder in 1981 (by terrorists) was a member of the Royal Ulster Constabulary serving in Belfast. The RUC were at a higher level of reaction than any other police force in UK, but were restrained by rules of engagement and answerable to civil prosecution if they were deemed to step out of these boundaries. I spent 23 years in the British armed forces, again, when carrying personal weapons or in uniform, confined by the same (or very similar) rules of engagement.

Similar applies to police forces throughout the world, Thailand included.

You sir, again with respect, need to grow up and put to rest the memories of what happened to you as a child..

The Long Beach guy doesn't know what he's talking about. American police are not trained to shoot to kill at the slightest provocation. If anything, it's the opposite: strict protocols are in place; they have to take all kinds of fire first; then if they end up shooting and injuring -- let alone killing -- someone, the police who did the shooting are put on administrative leave while an investigation is automatically launched. The only exception is when they're dealing with some absolutely berserk, armed-to-the-teeth lunatic. I think Mr. Long Beach fantasizes that police should have the right to mow down anyone they want. He'd like to see some more "shock and awe" from Thaksin's cops, opening fire on the people of Bangkok.

• Like 1

Are you getting a head start at the revisionist version already? The "shotguns" you describe were in fact the teargas delivery systems. The teargas was fired after the police were attacked. Yes, assailants who were initially protestors were injured. The reporters you allude to, at least the reporters who are not employed by pseudo news organizations aligned with the PDRC are reporting that the PDRC supporters initiated the violence. You may wish to check the unbiased news feeds before you engage in more revision.

Which unbiased news feeds would they be? Please tell us all.

The account I heard was by Khaosod English, the police approached Phanfa Bridge Barricades, as they breached the barricades, the sound of gunfire and explosion were hear and the police had one shot in the head and 4 others wounded they were forced to withdraw from the barricades under gunfire! to regroup!

I do not think it is likely they brought the media along, if they were going to fire the 1st shot, they may fire the last one!

The question is i:

Was there another party who fired an earliy shot to make things go crazy sooner than later,

after several days of the police NOT running them off. What better way to force the police hand

into action than shoot one of their own... MMM ; Martyrs Make Movement.

And of course this fits the desired narrative we see expounded endlessly here, " Violent Yellow Thugs"

Perception Management Fundamentals:

Put out the narrative you want.

Get credulous and like minded individuals to side near it.

Have boots on the ground create an outrage to make it SEEM the intent of the targeted enemy.

Voila, instant damage to your enemy and you appear even handed hero / victims.

Psychological warfare by other means.

And not coincidentally takes the headlines away from your screw ups

and other things going wrong for your team. Handy!

Edited by animatic

police fired shots and teargas at protesters

BANGKOK: -- Hundreds of anti riot police fired tear gases and rubber bullets at anti-government protesters

Did the police use tear gas? They deny it now.

"I can guarantee that tear gas was not used by security forces," said National Security Council Chief Paradorn Pattanathabutr. "The forces did not take tear gas with them.

"Protesters are the ones who threw tear gas at the security forces."

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/thailand-clashes-kill-three-pm-charged-092732152.html#ThRwli2

Hopefully the protesters are correctly armed and didn't bring knives to a gun fight.

Hopefully they didn't bring guns either.

Sorry to burst your bubble but they used M79 grenades and firearms against the police. Funny that the M79 and men in black shows up everytime Suthep is involved, in 2010 and now again.

• Like 2

Hopefully the protesters are correctly armed and didn't bring knives to a gun fight.

Hopefully they didn't bring guns either.

Sorry to burst your bubble but they used M79 grenades and firearms against the police. Funny that the M79 and men in black shows up everytime Suthep is involved, in 2010 and now again.

Were Suthep's "Men in Black" on the red shirt stage in 2010 too?